PDA

View Full Version : Can’t stop googling about potential blood test outcomes

WorriedOlive
20-07-20, 17:20
Hi everyone

Last month I had some bloods taken for ‘hormonal issues’ (acne, longish cycles, night sweats on lead up to period, painful periods, weight gain) as the doctor suspected potential PCOS. They tested me for oestrogen, testosterone, prolactin, FBC, something to do with kidney function and adrenals.

Everything came back fine apart from a slightly raised prolactin level. Doctor says it’s more in the range of ‘stress’ than pituitary tumour.

Repeated bloods today and because my brain is just so so strange I am terrified by the fact they have repeated ALL of the tests, not just prolactin, as apparently this gives the full picture if prolactin comes back high again.

I’m terrified it’s going to come back with high oestrogen and suggest ovarian cancer, or something wrong with the adrenals, or the FBC will show anaemia which means I might have Bowel cancer (my main trigger due to ibs - can’t even eat anything red as terrified to see it in stool and won’t know if it’s food or blood).

If I had anaemia from cancer, or a blood cancer or something, would it have been fine only 4 weeks ago and then suddenly come back bad from today’s blood test?

I can’t stop obsessing over the worst case scenario, but my logical side is trying to tell me if I had a terrible disease that would show up in a blood test, it wouldn’t have just suddenly developed in these last 4 weeks and have been fine last month. Is that logical??