PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

Anxiouscow
21-07-20, 14:02
Hello guys

I thought I had got the better of the HA beast, but it has reared its ugly head yet again. I had a few too many drinks on Saturday for my Dad's birthday, and woke up yesterday with heart palpitations. They weren't fast, but they were just pretty hard... the kind of 'move your belly with every beat' palpitations.

So I thought, it is probably due to the alcohol. But then they continued throughout the day, and because i have HA, of course, I went back into my old habits of googling my symptoms. "Heart attack, sudden death, arrhythmia, heart failure..."

I had an ECG in 2014 which came back normal. I went to A&E yesterday and had an ECG which came back normal, normal pulse rate, but slightly high blood pressure. They didn't say anything about it, but I saw on the reading it said 148/98, which I know is very high...

However, I was panicking for the whole day, which is what I put it down to really. The doctor sent me home after a few questions, and said she wanted me to have a 24hr ECG to monitor my heart for a longer duration.

I spent the whole of last night worrying about dying in my sleep from SADS or sudden death. Of course, I didn't.. I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered with palpitations like mine? I'm sure they are brought on by stress, but because my Dad has heart disease and arrhythmia (he is in his 70s and has had it for 15-20 years), I feel like I must have these things too, even though I'm 22 and don't smoke..

The anxious brain is the most creative isn't it?

pav1984
21-07-20, 20:19
So you have been on a session and the next day you feel unwell??? Did you have caffine based mixers?

pav1984
21-07-20, 20:21
I reckon they suspect anxiety hense the 24 hour check. Rules out white coat anxiety etc.

Anxiouscow
21-07-20, 21:48
Yeah when you put it like that I guess it makes sense. It's just that I usually have quite a strong heartbeat, like I can feel my heart beating and I can see my chest moving when it beats...

The ECG was normal and like I said, I've had one previously which was normal so I'm going to try and put it down to anxiety and move on.

pav1984
21-07-20, 22:56
So easy to get worried over stuff isnt it. I'm just as bad