PDA

View Full Version : Triangle of death

Delilah001
21-07-20, 21:04
I had a swollen and infected blackhead in the triangle of death and it was really buggin me so i drained the pus from it and now im scared cause it looks even more swollen and ive heard its dangerous to pop spots on thia part of the face not to mention i was wearing makeup and applied with semi old brushes.
Should i be concerned?

AntsyVee
21-07-20, 21:09
Nope. If it were dangerous, teens would be dying like flies every day. In fact this "triangle of death" crap is click-bait for teens to sell acne products.

Delilah001
21-07-20, 21:11
Wow really?
Thats messed up marketing anyways my acne is soooo bad rn
Im 19 now and its still not going away.

Pamplemousse
21-07-20, 22:34
Nope. If it were dangerous, teens would be dying like flies every day. In fact this "triangle of death" crap is click-bait for teens to sell acne products.

Oh, it's worse than that, Vee... it's in THE DAILY MAIL!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6054287/Why-NEVER-pop-pick-pimple-Triangle-Death.html

AntsyVee
22-07-20, 00:12
Well, I hope you tell your children not to read the Daily Mail like we tell ours not to watch Fox News ;)

NancyW
22-07-20, 02:27
Pretty sure we'd all be dead and this board would be empty. 😁

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-20, 15:33
No, it's about boils in that area. It's not fake but it has been twisted by some media outlets over the years and if you read about it somewhere more geared to explaining the medical side you would quicker see there is no connection to spots as it only talks about boils that may lead to complications.

O_O
23-07-20, 19:53
Yeah you'd have to have some horrible, huge, infected, pustulated abscess on your nose to be at any risk at all - and even then you'd have to be incredibly unlucky to die from it. Now that we have antibiotics, that sort of thing thankfully isn't much of an issue these days.

Pamplemousse
23-07-20, 20:25
Well, I hope you tell your children not to read the Daily Mail like we tell ours not to watch Fox News ;)

I don't have any children - but my late wife used to ban me from reading the Daily Mail on a Tuesday!! :roflmao:

AntsyVee
23-07-20, 20:47
I don't have any children - but my late wife used to ban me from reading the Daily Mail on a Tuesday!! :roflmao:

Smart woman!