PDA

View Full Version : LPR // SIBO

MightyPC
22-07-20, 06:04
Does anyone have experience of the aforementioned and if so can it cause the following symptoms?

All started and progressed from increasing (end of Jan) a trial drug which I stopped in March and 4-5 week course of antibiotics over a 12 week period. Had some Covid like symptoms and a UTi

Strange feeling in throat like a dust. This can happen if I press a part of my tummy
Belching
Stomach bloating and noises
PND
Constantly clearing mucus from throat - where this comes from I don’t know - when I have no PND.
Hoarseness
Dry Cough
Dry throat when talking
Feeling of swollen throat glands
Painful swallowing at times, like a lump
Metallic taste in mouth
Sore throat at times
Ear pressure
Blocked ears
Nose congestion
Feeling of water in nose shortly after drinking - similar to the feeling you can get in the shower.
Chest discomfort on the left

MightyPC
22-07-20, 06:07
Oh, forgot to add,a feeling of restricted breathing, especially when laying down.

ForestGirl
22-07-20, 06:37
Are you obese?

MightyPC
22-07-20, 09:05
No, over weight which is sitting on my tummy mainly.

WiseMonkey
22-07-20, 09:19
I have some of those symptoms but I also have some autoimmune conditions too.

MightyPC
22-07-20, 10:37
Thanks Wise, always welcome your informed input. I’m been requested to have an endoscope, so probably be next week now.

My heads drifting from one thing to another and this is like a destructive out of control cell destroying me.

You remember I originally thought kidney issues, that’s been checked and confirmed I have slight kidney disease as releasing protein at times, but would not cause any of my issues. The feeling of water retention is not oedema. This has eased but still feel it every now and then.

I have then been worried about thyroid or pancreas as this trial drug I’m on which I increased the dose back in Jan, can cause these issues. I saw the team yesterday and they remarked that the drug would be out of my system now, stopped in March.
I’ve read up on it - semaglutide and people do suffer tummy issues. The smelly wind and excess gas I would certainly appoint to pancreas along with the odd floating and big stools. I do not have diabetes despite it being a drug for that.

The discomfort i get is above and to the left of my tummy button, so in the pancreas if I’m not wrong.

My neck and faced has swelled on a few occasions and I’ve had breathing issues when lying on my right side, which I thought maybe caused by silent acid. My oxygen levels are 99. So convinced it was thyroid related. Have had bloods and neck felt which was clear.

Last night, I woke to itchy hands and soles of my feet, so now convinced I have cirrhosis. My liver panel is clear apart from bilirubin that has fluctuated for many years. Last time it was 22, so slightly high which Dr was not concerned about. All other bloods clear too, and ultrasound showed normal liver. Back in 2011 it was described as coarse and echogenic. I hardly drink at all now, first week in Jan was the last. I’m lucky in that I have the same person complete my US scans so have continuity. She always remarks how my liver is so different and clear now. I read that ultrasound does not show cirrhosis and bloods can be normal too. My belly is quite bloated and was felt yesterday. I would have thought the dr would have felt ascities if that was the cause. It has been bloated from the onset of my feeling rough since Feb. My hands also look red. I’ve had a few mornings waking to blood in my mouth and now wondering if this is varices.

This is hell what I’m going through!

WiseMonkey
22-07-20, 10:46
It sounds complex but does have features of some autoimmune activity. Have you had your ANA's/ENA's tested to see if there's autoimmune activity going on? Mind you, you can still have autoimmune issues and be sero negative so the blood tests are just a pointer.

It even has features of MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome) too. Worth mentioning to Dr also.

MightyPC
22-07-20, 11:15
Thanks Wise. Strange enough, over recent years my mum, her sisters have all come down with auto immune issues. My mum, not sure of the name, tested for nuclear antibodies - I think that’s liver. One aunt had a skin changing colour - like patchy on her arms and another has sarcoidosis. A cousin had just been diagnosed with Graves’ disease. My Nan died of thyroid cancer which just appeared in her 60s, no thyroid issues at all.