PDA

View Full Version : Armpit pain so bad I can't sleep

DarkMagician
24-07-20, 08:04
I was feeling fine. Got into bed. Fell asleep. Suddenly woke up barely half an hour after lying down with burning pain in my armpit so bad it's radiating all the way down my arm to my wrist. The skin under my armpit is incredibly dry, red and inflamed. I can't put my arm down or I nearly burst into tears from the pain. I feel sick. I thought I had a swollen lymph node but it seems more like it's just my skin that is swollen. I have not used any new deodorants or products at all. This happened SO suddenly it's freaking me out and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight due to both the pain and the anxiety over it. Tried to put aloe vera gel on it but it just burned even worse. I feel like I'm in hell. I'll probably call my doctor in the morning but it's midnight right now. Does anyone know what this could be or what I can do to ease the pain?? My armpit is SO dry too. Not flaky or anything. Just super SUPER raw :c

Update: I think I might have a small cut or something in the fold of my armpit.. it hurts so bad I'm nauseated. I just want to sleep..

Scass
24-07-20, 08:32
Maybe try an ice pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkMagician
24-07-20, 12:19
I tried icing it and managed to fall asleep for a bit. Woke up just now needing to pee.. My armpit was still burning but I tried to ignore it. Suddenly my other armpit started burning with that same unbearable searing pain and its red now too. I'm really freaking out now.. This must mean its some sort of allergic reaction to something.

molly15
24-07-20, 16:09
It sounds like a allergy . Maybe to deodorant or shower gels etc ? Xx

Scass
24-07-20, 16:33
Maybe worth taking a clarityn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molly15
24-07-20, 18:09
Yes worth a try xx