PDA

View Full Version : Whats the purpose of a telephone medication review?

WiredIncorrectly
24-07-20, 11:50
Called pharmacy to get my repeat and the doctor called me immediately after telling me I need a telephone medication review before they can put them through.

I really hope they don't mix things around because my medications are stabalised now and I'm stable.

Scass
24-07-20, 16:49
I have to have a medication review every year for my asthma medication. If I don’t have it they won’t issue any more repeat prescriptions. Is yours on repeat too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panic_down_under
25-07-20, 00:53
Called pharmacy to get my repeat and the doctor called me immediately after telling me I need a telephone medication review before they can put them through.

I really hope they don't mix things around because my medications are stabalised now and I'm stable.

I don't know what prompted this, but given what you're on it seems sensible to regularly monitor your progress. I'd rather have a proactive GP than one who doesn't give a damn. If you're doing well then there'd be no reason to change things.

WiredIncorrectly
25-07-20, 18:59
Yeah I'm on repeats. Every 5 weeks they do one with each of the meds. But I have no idea what the medication review was about because surgery called me, asked what I wanted and they put it to the pharmacy. Didn't ask me any questions. He asked if I was still taking them, I said yes. He asked how much diazepam I use I said some days 2 tablets, others 3, but never no more than prescribed amount.

And that was that. I was a bit worried they were going shake the tree again because things have been going well recently.

I've been on these meds over a year, and I don't know what a medication review is until now ... and I still don't really know because I don't feel like that was a review at all.

panic_down_under
27-07-20, 01:12
And that was that. I was a bit worried they were going shake the tree again because things have been going well recently.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they had. The medical profession can be far more inscrutable than the Chinese politburo at times.

I've been on these meds over a year, and I don't know what a medication review is until now ... and I still don't really know because I don't feel like that was a review at all.

Imho, all meds/treatments should be reviewed at least annually. There are a lot of people still taking meds long after they are needed.