PDA

View Full Version : Covid Corruption

Noivous
24-07-20, 11:58
Punch in any 3 digit number followed by "new cases" into your web browser and witness Google algorithm corruption at work. They're playing us like bass fiddles.

N.

FrankT
24-07-20, 12:18
Well I think that's a given.

Pamplemousse
24-07-20, 12:57
Punch in any 3 digit number followed by "new cases" into your web browser and witness Google algorithm corruption at work. They're playing us like bass fiddles.

N.

Would you care to explain your latest brainfart?

Elen
24-07-20, 14:22
Where do these theories even come from?

FrankT
24-07-20, 14:43
Does this answer your question? (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/google-any-3-digits-new-cases/)

WiredIncorrectly
24-07-20, 14:43
Google is very good at giving you the results you ask for. I do a lot of SEO. I know Google very well.

Out of all the reports that have been reported on COVID it's entirely possible that every number has been used at some point or another. There's millions of new COVID pages published on the web every day. Google has web spiders that quickly spider website to collect the data, and store it, so that users can find it via search.

What you're on about is nonsense.

Pamplemousse
24-07-20, 15:34
Google is very good at giving you the results you ask for. I do a lot of SEO. I know Google very well.

Out of all the reports that have been reported on COVID it's entirely possible that every number has been used at some point or another. There's millions of new COVID pages published on the web every day. Google has web spiders that quickly spider website to collect the data, and store it, so that users can find it via search.

What you're on about is nonsense.

^^This. Absolutely this. I knew someone who did a lot of data mining and he'd tell you the same.

Pamplemousse
24-07-20, 15:38
Where do these theories even come from?

Social media platforms at a guess. Once upon a time they'd be ranting in the town centre whilst bemused shoppers walked by, some doing the twirly-finger thing at their temple as they passed.

But now... they have more than the town centre to play to. They have the whole world.

Elen
24-07-20, 16:35
No more conspiracy theories please

nomorepanic
24-07-20, 16:55
I don't know why we have to have these discussions - this is panic and anxiety site not a COVID forum.