PDA

View Full Version : Head injury- major fall

its1111
31-07-20, 01:21
So I fell down the end of my stairs and hit my head really hard on something at the bottom. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a possible mild concussion and they did a CT. Scan came back clear, but I keep hearing stories of bleeds happening a few days after injury. I guess I知 just worried cause I hit it SO hard and it still hurts. I知 not dizzy or nauseous, but I have struggled to stay awake this afternoon. Should I be concerned?

Lolalee1
31-07-20, 12:24
I have had plenty of blows to the head and been knocked out cold,my experience with concussion is of spewing and just a general unwell feeling,being tired is part of it.You had a CT and all clear.Hope you feel better soon.

ankietyjoe
31-07-20, 12:45
I keep hearing stories of bleeds happening a few days after injury.

Really, where?

its1111
31-07-20, 15:01
Really, where?

Well for one, the NP said to keep an eye on it for the next week or so because symptoms can begin days after injury. Other than that, I was researching concussion symptoms before I went to the doctor to see if it was necessary to go- also states the above. In any case, head injuries tend to concern me more than others.

NancyW
31-07-20, 21:49
Well for one, the NP said to keep an eye on it for the next week or so because symptoms can begin days after injury. Other than that, I was researching concussion symptoms before I went to the doctor to see if it was necessary to go- also states the above. In any case, head injuries tend to concern me more than others.

Sounds like you should follow the drs orders and check back in with him if you have concerning symptoms.

There's nothing an anxiety message board can do.

ankietyjoe
31-07-20, 23:22

A Doctor saying 'keep an eye on it' isn't them telling you about brain bleeds.

It's your research and resulting worst case scenario imagination that's the issue.

If you've banged your head hard enough to have a diagnosis of possible mild concussion, of course it's going to hurt for a while.

As Nancy said, if you have any additional concerning symptoms, get straight back to the Doctor. But people banging their heads is extremely common and 99.99% of the time it's issue free. Apart from some pain of course.......

AntsyVee
01-08-20, 06:08
“Mild concussion” is doctor speak for you’re fine, but we’re gonna cover our asses anyway.

RainbowGirl
02-08-20, 19:06
I hope you feel better soon. Try not to worry and if you get any out of the ordinary symptoms call the doctor but I agree with the above posters, people bang their heads all the time and the majority are fine and should just rest for a few days, :bighug1: