PDA

View Full Version : escitralopram and muscle aches and any midwifes or medical people out there???

Wilburis
24-10-07, 19:14
Hello

Ive been on this new med now for about 6 weeks and dont really think its doing anything for me. I feel quite anxious most of the time and have mini panic attacks.

well, since my dose has been inceased from 10mg to 15mg Ive been having increased muscular aches in my legs, and now a bit in my arms.

Is this a side effect of this med?

the aches all started after my spinal epidural after having a c section 9 weeks ago. I had numbness in one foot that gradually went, then it came back from the tip of my toe to the knee, then I had it in both legs and now its from the tips of my toes to my buttocks!! My legs feel tingly, weak, numb and like the muscles are severely pulled!

Can anyone help?

My GP said basically its all in my head! She thinks the numbness initially has planted a seed and Ive become obsessed (which I have).

I now thnk Ive got permanent nerve damage from the epidural or MS.

My GP is thinking about sending me to an ENT Doc, as Im constsntly dizzy and sometimes my eyes go from side to side for a couple of seconds.

I have asked for a MRI but the Doc wont send me.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks for reading this - Liz xx

PS If I have a couple of drinks, my legs feel much better. When I go down in the middle of the night to get babys bottloe, my legs dont hurt? Can someonw tell me what is going on?

Pink Panic
24-10-07, 21:52
Hi Lizzie,

I have nerve damage in my right foot after having a prolapsed disc in my back. I get the tingly sensations and numbness that you describe in my foot.
I had an MRI and was told that it doesn't show nerve damage which is probably why your Doc won't send you.

I believe that there are possibilites of nerve damge occuring as a result of having an epidural so I would go back to the Doc or try another one to get some answers.

I don't know about the side effects of escitalopram as I'm Meds phobic but I do know that I get strange leg sensations with my anxiety where I think they are going to give way and I will fall down (but I never do)

I hope someone can give you more answers and I hope you feel better soon.

Pink
x

madamgg
25-10-07, 10:20
Hi Liz
I've been on Citalapram for almost 2 weeks and have aches in my legs and arms they sometimes feel like dead weights. I know this is a side effect as never had anything like this before and am technically healthy ie no recent operations or anything like that that it could be a hangover from. I have found that you do get weird stuff on this drug and it seems to be very personal to each individual. I suffered sleep depravation for 8 days which i knew was a side effect when my doc swore blind it wasn't!
Try not to worry too much. Hope that helps
Jane xxx

Wilburis
25-10-07, 10:56
Thank you for your replies, I really thought I was going mad aswell as everything else!!!

Jane - have you spoken to your GP about your aches? I feel like Ive got flu all the time with the aching muscles!

What other side effects are you getting? - Thanks Liz xx

madamgg
25-10-07, 11:21
Hi there
My aches aren't too bad and too be honest my gp has been rubbish so i'm just riding it out! The lack of sleep has been the worst thing but that seems to have righted itself now.
I still feel very low in mood and having weird 'what if' thoughts which i know are all part of the anxiety but really hoping the drugs are going to kick in very soon so i can feel like my old self.
One other thing i had was like a slight buzz about me, sounds strange but i felt like there was almost an electrical charge going through me! but i just told myself that was the drugs getting to work.
Everyone says all these things will pass but some days it just feels like you'll never be normal again and yes thinking your going mad is all par for the course!
J x

Wilburis
30-10-07, 21:26
Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I saw my pshyciatrist (sorry, cant spell that word) and she has stopped this med. She said my aching muscles, itching and sore joints were a side effect and shw wants me to stop. She is thinking about putting me on Lithium next. Really scared about this. I thought Lithium was for depression, - does it also help with panic attacks and anxiety?

Hope you are well - Liz xx