PDA

View Full Version : Covid vaccine

NancyW
08-08-20, 21:01
Will you get it ?

AntsyVee
08-08-20, 21:36
Yeah. Any prevention is worth it to me. As long as my doc says it's safe for me.

ankietyjoe
08-08-20, 22:41
Why would you not?

Fishmanpa
08-08-20, 23:02
Absolutely! I really would be surprised to see it available before the end of the year. Yes, perhaps the first batches, but realistically, as with previous vaccine development, testing and production, producing enough to vaccinate populations will take months and there will be improvements as it goes forward. But yes, when it becomes available we'll be getting the vaccine.

Positive thoughts

glassgirlw
09-08-20, 01:49
I don’t get the flu shot. I had it about ten years ago and almost immediately got a horrible flu. I understand they say it can’t happen, but it happened to me. So because of that, I won’t get the flu shot.

I will 100% be taking this vaccine - as long as it’s proven safe to do so. There is not a doubt in my mind about taking it lol.

MyNameIsTerry
09-08-20, 04:27
I don't bother with the flu shot much even when I was entitled to it for free when my asthma was medicated. That was more down to laziness or my anxiety getting in the way (changes in routine were a big trigger for me earlier on).

But the flu shot is very common, a yearly thing we don't put much thought into AND in my opinion we think about ourselves getting flu. With Covid my thoughts flip to my loved ones. I'm not concerned about getting it because I've been on a ventilator with pneumonia on top of asthma and I'm always more concerned with the health of loved ones than myself anyway . That doesn't mean I'm complacent, it just means I don't believe getting it means you will be in amongst the worst. There is a good system in place to help me if it did happen.

So getting it will help me too but my thoughts are with my loved ones. Side effects and safety are an obvious concern but if the choice is my loved ones are healthy and alive for more years then I will happily take some long term pain for that.

BlueIris
09-08-20, 04:48
Of course! I think it'll take a while for one to be developed, but the sooner we can get this situation under control, the better.

MRS STRESS ED
09-08-20, 09:39
Will you get it ?

Most definitely we need this vaccine hopefully to get life back to where we use to be hopefully and prevent more unwanted people dying its a no brainer

best wishes xx

Scass
09-08-20, 11:21
Yes I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pamplemousse
09-08-20, 11:35
It's a thumbs-up from here too. If it will protect me and my loved ones - and allow me to return to work safely rather than scraping for pennies here and there as I do now - why wouldn't I? I already have a yearly flu jab - previously, to protect my late wife and now because diabetes, so even if this becomes an annual jab, I am not bothered.

<awaits arrival of dissenting views>

Gary A
09-08-20, 12:18
The fact that this is even a question in the year 2020 is worrying.

Pamplemousse
09-08-20, 12:40

But unsurprising.

ankietyjoe
09-08-20, 13:21

+ many, many 1's.

pulisa
09-08-20, 14:06
There are always going to be people who choose not to have the vaccine or who go against anything just because they can.. Because it's Their Right. At least this means that those who need and want the vaccine the most can get it without delay.

Hopefully those who refuse the vaccine will refuse medical support from the NHS too should they get Covid badly?

fishman65
09-08-20, 14:52
A definite yes from me too. Mrs F and myself already get the flu jab, me because I'm her carer. And yes why would anyone refuse a covid vaccine?

Lencoboy
09-08-20, 15:06
A definite yes from me too. Mrs F and myself already get the flu jab, me because I'm her carer. And yes why would anyone refuse a covid vaccine?

I would most certainly jump at the first opportunity without hesitation.

Pamplemousse
09-08-20, 18:29
There are always going to be people who choose not to have the vaccine or who go against anything just because they can.. Because it's Their Right. At least this means that those who need and want the vaccine the most can get it without delay.

This from the Daily Express. Yes, I know...:shrug:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1320573/coronavirus-vaccine-poll-uk-cure-jab-scientists-oxford-university

Lencoboy
09-08-20, 18:57

Hopefully those who refuse the vaccine will refuse medical support from the NHS too should they get Covid badly?

And sadly, it has been revealed that the younger generations are most likely to believe in the rabid CTs and general myths and misconceptions concerning the vaccines.

pulisa
09-08-20, 19:55
This from the Daily Express. Yes, I know...:shrug:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1320573/coronavirus-vaccine-poll-uk-cure-jab-scientists-oxford-university

Forced to have a vaccine? Can you imagine Boris enforcing that one? Just deny the refuseniks a ventilator should the need arise. It's only flu anyway..no problemo

fishman65
09-08-20, 21:05
I do love the Daily Express's calm and measured journalism though.

AntsyVee
09-08-20, 22:07
To me it's not the adult anti-vaxxers that worry me, it's how they treat their children. It's one thing to choose what to do with your own body, but when you are responsible for the health of someone else who is not old enough to know what's best for them, that's what's worrisome. Here in California, we require that children have vaccinations again certain childhood illnesses before they attend public school (or have a doctor's note saying the child can't get a vaccine for their health reasons, like chemo or something). I have a feeling they may have to do that if we get a proven Covid vaccine as well.

Lencoboy
10-08-20, 09:38
To me it's not the adult anti-vaxxers that worry me, it's how they treat their children. It's one thing to choose what to do with your own body, but when you are responsible for the health of someone else who is not old enough to know what's best for them, that's what's worrisome. Here in California, we require that children have vaccinations again certain childhood illnesses before they attend public school (or have a doctor's note saying the child can't get a vaccine for their health reasons, like chemo or something). I have a feeling they may have to do that if we get a proven Covid vaccine as well.

Yes, almost akin to some kind of religious mania that sweeps through families!!

pulisa
10-08-20, 13:29
What happens if the parents oppose these vaccinations, Vee?

NancyW
10-08-20, 14:34
I was really looking for a yes or no to my question, not a pro or antivacs debate.

I am hearing here in the US 1 out of 5 will not get the vaccine.

Wondering if I'd get similar results here.

AntsyVee
10-08-20, 17:00
What happens if the parents oppose these vaccinations, Vee?

For right now, if the parents oppose the vaccinations, they can't send their kids to public school. That means they could be home-schooled or go to a private religious or secular school. But some of the private schools also require the vaccinations.

AntsyVee
10-08-20, 17:04
I was really looking for a yes or no to my question, not a pro or antivacs debate.

I am hearing here in the US 1 out of 5 will not get the vaccine.

Wondering if I'd get similar results here.

Maybe put up a poll? We are all talkers on this site LOL

pulisa
10-08-20, 17:48
It's a Yes from me

NancyW
10-08-20, 19:23
Maybe put up a poll? We are all talkers on this site LOL

I've never done that, don't know how. I'll try to figure it out

MyNameIsTerry
10-08-20, 23:07
I've never done that, don't know how. I'll try to figure it out

Nancy, when creating a thread the add poll option is at the bottom. But if you need to add a poll to an existing thread you have created first enter the thread then click thread tools and There is an add poll option there.

NancyW
11-08-20, 00:25

Where is that hiding ?

MyNameIsTerry
11-08-20, 04:45
Where is that hiding ?

It's just above the first post on the page. It's a drop down menu inside a grey bar along with a few others.

If you are using the mobile version of the forum I don't know if its there. You could always switch to the classic version of the forum if so and you will see it.

MyNameIsTerry
11-08-20, 04:51
Yeah, it won't show if you are in mobile mode. But if you click Full at the bottom of the screen it will switch you to the other version. You will then get the thread tools drop down box.

If you need to switch back to mobile afterwards there is a drop down box near the bottom of the page (left if Contact, underneath the posting permissions box).

Gary A
11-08-20, 11:50
Russia have now approved a vaccine for use. They claim it is safe and delivers immunity for at least two years. How they can know that through efficacy tests that are only months old I’ll never know.

There has been no data made available and senior scientists worldwide are strongly against a vaccine being used which has so clearly been raced through trials, if any were even performed.

I’m all for a vaccine, but the science needs to come first. I genuinely hope their vaccine proves safe and effective but in my humble opinion a vaccine that has neither supporting data or lengthy trials to back it up should be absolutely nowhere near the human populace.

Lolalee1
11-08-20, 12:02
Sounds a bit dodgy maybe it’s just bleach and disinfection
The Trumpet was rambling on about a vaccine today most likely the same muva one :roflmao:

fishman65
11-08-20, 19:32
Isn't this more about Putin's ego than anything else? Their covid stats have been dodgy from the start, why would the vaccine be different?

pulisa
11-08-20, 19:59
I've no doubt freedom of choice won't come into this when it comes to administering the "vaccine"..

MyNameIsTerry
11-08-20, 22:28
I've no doubt freedom of choice won't come into this when it comes to administering the "vaccine"..

I'm sure Russia will get a free pass on this from many an anti vaxxer :winks::whistles:

Pamplemousse
11-08-20, 23:41
I'm sure Russia will get a free pass on this from many an anti vaxxer :winks::whistles:

Of course they will....

Gary A
12-08-20, 09:02

A vaccine that’s been approved after tests in 38 people for 2 months, all were over 16 years of age and under 60, supposedly shows a few adverse effects that last for well over one month, trialed on military personnel and now we have the most senior figure in the country telling us how awesome it is because his daughter took it.

For months anti-vaxxers here and elsewhere have been telling us how dangerous and ineffective a Covid-19 vaccine will be, even though at that point none were even close to approval. Now this bizarre effort from Russia, chock full of questionable efficacy and safety issues and clearly rushed out the door, is being completely ignored by those who claim to be genuinely concerned.

Pamplemousse
12-08-20, 10:41
A vaccine that’s been approved after tests in 38 people for 2 months, all were over 16 years of age and under 60, supposedly shows a few adverse effects that last for well over one month, trialed on military personnel and now we have the most senior figure in the country telling us how awesome it is because his daughter took it.

For months anti-vaxxers here and elsewhere have been telling us how dangerous and ineffective a Covid-19 vaccine will be, even though at that point none were even close to approval. Now this bizarre effort from Russia, chock full of questionable efficacy and safety issues and clearly rushed out the door, is being completely ignored by those who claim to be genuinely concerned.

There is nothing Putin likes doing more than tweaking the West's nose and this is a prime example of it.

Lencoboy
12-08-20, 11:15

Definitely perfect fodder for the antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists.

But, to be frank, perhaps we here in the UK should be more concerned about our own forthcoming vaccines, and their possible merits and even de-merits, which are unlikely to have anything to do with that great 'bogeyman' that is Russia!!

Or Trump and Co, for that matter!!

NancyW
12-08-20, 12:22
We can learn from their success/failure. No?

pulisa
12-08-20, 13:58
There won't be any admitted "failure"

ErinKC
14-08-20, 21:51
1000% yes! But, I know a few people who've already said they will refuse because it is all a conspiracy by the government to control us. But they are anti-vax across the board.