PDA

View Full Version : Little one is ill, told to isolate and do a test

panicstricken
19-04-20, 23:17
Ok It has to be said i am freaking out I have had a bad day today anxiety wise really bad, and my little girls were playing outside in our garden and my husband took a snack down my youngest ate the snack without washing her hands and now I'm petrified she has covid 19. Tbh I am really struggling today please someone help I know in order to catch it u have to come into contact with it but what if it was in our garden they must catch it from somewhere. I'm sorry I know this is tiresome it's just the way my mind is working atm. Xxx

nomorepanic
19-04-20, 23:28
You have started quite a few threads about this recently. Can you add to one thread so people can see all your worries in one place. Thanks

You can't catch it like that either.

KK77
19-04-20, 23:34
As your username suggests the media scaremongering has people terrified even in their own homes.

COVID-19 isn't an illness affecting children - and certainly not in the way you describe.

BlueIris
20-04-20, 05:39
Panicstricken, may I ask what you're doing to wrangle your anxiety right now?

panicstricken
20-04-20, 07:49
Hi thankyou for your replies, I'm sorry I have posted so soon on here again, I'm not sure how to merge threads sorry x I dont mean to be so tiresome yesterday was just a bad day. I have been avoiding news as much as I can sometimes random articles catch my eye or take me off guard (one did a few days bk🙈) Mostly blueiris I keep myself busy looking after my children and trying to think up ways to keep them entertained, decorating the house, doing craft activities with the children yesterday's project was making bird feeders out of plastic bottles. I also keep a thought journal which helps as I find once I write it down most worries dont have power. I try not to show the children how frightened I am or my husband as I dont want them worrying about me. And I use this site to talk to people I find talking to people who understand the whole anxiety monster so helpful. I'm sorry if I have been tiresome over the last few weeks this whole covid 19 has caught me very off guard and has caused all lot of my anxiety symptoms to raise their ugly heads again. (I am petrified of my loved ones catching this awful virus especially my hubby and eldest who are in the more at risk category) I am cross with myself tbh as before all this happened I had been doing so well I had barely had any symptoms I foolishly believed I had overcome anxiety. Thankyou all of u for taking the time to listen 😘😘and I'm sorry I'm being so foolish. Xx hoping today will be a much better day thankyou for your responses xxx💖

pulisa
20-04-20, 08:21
You're not being foolish but you do have to try to keep things in perspective, regardless of anxiety, because you know that if you give anxiety an inch it will take a mile and then you're in a big spiral and things seem out of control..

You must avoid these "random articles catching your eyes". Don't seek them out-they are dynamite. Keep safe by taking sensible precautions but don't go OTT. There will never be cast iron protection. You are doing your very best trying to keep your family entertained but don't exhaust yourself unnecessarily tormenting yourself with possible ways the virus could penetrate your family's defences..It's pointless. Save your strength to get through each day.

I hope today is a better one. Look after your mental health xx

panicstricken
20-04-20, 08:55
Thankyou pulisa for your response xx I know you are right about the anxiety taking over if i let it and I am going to do everything I can today to keep it at bay and focus on my beautiful family. I find it hard to rationalise sometimes I hope u are well and I too am hoping for a better day today xxx much love stay safe xx

panicstricken
25-04-20, 21:42
Hi everyone I’m feeling a bit freaked out tonight xx last two nights I have had a heavy tight feeling in my chest really hard to breathe and headache and tightness in my throat. Feels sometimes like it closing up. I haven’t slept properly for days so I’m sure that not helping, been having deliveries which is always a worry but it’s the only way I can get anything in. It’s been hard the last few days anyway I just wanted to let it out and ask if there is anything anyone suggest that could help ease these symptoms I am assuming it’s just my awful anxiety and lack of sleep and nothing majorly serious. But I was wondering if there are any suggestions xx

panicstricken
30-04-20, 14:23
Hi everyone please help... I know this is probably impossible almost certainly I would of thought but my mothering law just called and told me that she read somewhere that 100% of the population will catch covid. I feel so upset I had been doing so so well I had peeled myself off the ceiling and avoided all covid related news was in a really good place only time I see anyone if food deliveries and we get parcels delivered for presents which we dettol like crazy. I'm honestly in free fall now no matter how stupid my rational side is telling me it is and I'm purposefully not going out of my way to make myself anxious and this happens. Why would she say something like that???

BlueIris
30-04-20, 14:26
Could be because she's scared, could be because she's just a jerk. Could be both, to be honest.

Maybe ask your other half to have a gentle word with her? In the meantime, use your coping strategies and feel free to drop me a line if you need somebody to help you calm down.

panicstricken
30-04-20, 14:37
Thankyou blueiris xxx it is impossible isn't it??? I have been so scared through all 9f this but was finally getting to a better place with it all dont get me wrong I have good and bad days and things are literally drowned in bleach and disinfectant when they come 8n to the house but this has really set me off again xxxx

BlueIris
30-04-20, 14:40
Just be really careful about mixing your cleaning products?

I'm lucky, I'm not germophobic but my hands are still wrecked from too much washing. Just remember, your MIL is probably coping the best way she can - I'm rabidly terrified of hospitals, my mother knows this but she still always tells me at length about every hospital visit she has and all the little personal details it entails.

panicstricken
30-04-20, 14:48
Thanks blueiris I will do xx it's so hard to know what to do for the bestvives heard bleach kills it so I spray diluted bleach on every sealed item that comes in leave for 20 mins then wash off with medicinal dettol and dry. Open goods I wash straight away under warm water. I hope this is enough xxx I'm sorry to hear you hate hospitals I hate them too and yeah I do know in my heart my mil is coping with all this too xxx it just really triggered it all over again. I have to feel like I am doing something productive, protecting my family but that one statement just blew me away.. it cant be true but that doesn't factor with my anxiety demons xxxxx thankyou for your support and taking the time to respond xxx

Pamplemousse
30-04-20, 15:19
The main rule is to NEVER mix anything vaguely acidic with anything containing sodium hypochlorite.

Gary A
30-04-20, 15:50
No, 100% of the population won’t catch it, pandemics and epidemics don’t work like that. If 60% of the population were to catch it, in itself highly unlikely, the virus would begin to die out as that would leave more people immune to it than infectious. The virus would have nowhere to go. Essentially it would kill itself.

panicstricken
30-04-20, 15:57
Thankyou all for your responses and thank you Gary a for your reply. I find this very reassuring thankyou xx I am trying so hard to be rational and I have had no contact with anyone xx thankyou all for taking the time to respond I really appreciate everyones comments xx

tnt808
30-04-20, 21:40
I've read anywhere from 40-70% of the world's population. BUT please remember these statistics are over a couple/few years
Just like the flu how many of the world's population has gotten the flu? Not saying covid19 is the flu. But also try to remember that currently there are about 102 vaccines being tried. And there's been a therapeutic drug that is being fast-tracked for helping patients recover from covid19. That's progress from just a month ago.

Always here for you, Sam! Xxx

jillybean
01-05-20, 02:52
:bighug:Hi
hope you’re feeling a bit better now. I’ve not been on this site for a long time and the Covid has certainly started my anxiety up again! It’s 2.35 am and sleep is nowhere to be seen.
People don’t always think about how repeating something like that is going to affect someone else. Maybe she was looking for reassurance too. Please know you’re not alone in this and we will come through it! X

panicstricken
01-05-20, 08:13
Thankyou all so much for your replies xxx I am so lucky that I can come and talk on here xxx thankyou tina and jillybean for your words of hope and encouragement I too am here for you xxx hopefully this will all be over soon and we can all say we made it. I hope that you are all able to get some rest and that soon covid 19 will have disappeared I wish for this every day xxxx thankyou for helping me xxxxxxx

panicstricken
01-05-20, 18:09
Hi everyone hope you are all having a better day xxx can I ask a quick question what is everyone using to clean their groceries and surfaces etc during this pandemic xxx

pulisa
01-05-20, 19:45
I don't clean my groceries and just use general anti bac spray on work surfaces etc..

I'm still standing and visit the shops in person. I just follow the guidelines and carry on doing what I am allowed to do.

Pamplemousse
01-05-20, 20:10
Hi everyone hope you are all having a better day xxx can I ask a quick question what is everyone using to clean their groceries and surfaces etc during this pandemic xxx

I'm not cleaning my groceries at all, and just sticking to usual kitchen and culinary hygiene. Same with the rest of my family. Surfaces get a wipe with Dettox, as normal.

MRS STRESS ED
01-05-20, 22:34
We all say things maybe we shouldn't she has probably not even thought about what impact that would have on you , unfortunately people don't, maybe deep down she's telling you as its scared her, let's be honest there is that much stuff shoved in our faces at the moment, what about all the good things that have happened like people getting better people pulling together its not all gloom it is if you focus that way, why not think of all the lovely things ahead when this all goes away concentrate on the good positive thoughts xx

best wishes

panicstricken
01-05-20, 23:12
My youngest daughter has started itching uncontrollably.on her body and arms and legs, I have rubbed moisturising cream in her given her antihistamine and calpol but I'm petrified. I called the dr earlier and explained and he said with covid a rash is usually a sign of mild infection but that has got me really thinking now she has it god forbid. I honestly think I am falling apart my children are my world it's why I antibac everything g with bleach and have spent ages trying to keep this as clean as I can. Honestly I feel helpless tonight what if my beautiful little girl has it. My mind is racing its scaring me so so badly.

pulisa
02-05-20, 08:45
Maybe you are overdoing the bleach and she has developed a reaction to it?

BlueIris
02-05-20, 08:53
Honestly, that sounds a lot more likely.

MRS STRESS ED
02-05-20, 17:34
You need to take a deep breath and breath you are totally going to go into meltdown, you are really overthinking everything alot of people are it understandable but please try and relax, your going to make yourself really poorly you need to speak to someone about how you are talking helps your daughter will be fine I'm sure its you that won't Relax please xx

best wishes

panicstricken
03-05-20, 08:12
Thankyou all for your responses it really helps knowing I can come and talk here xx thankyou mrs stress ed for your reply I am trying so hard to stay calm xxx sometimes I crack it sometimes notso much xxx I really cant wait for this horrible virus to disappear it is really playing hell with my anxiety xxx thankyou all for taking the time to reply xxxxxx

pulisa
03-05-20, 08:31
I agree with Mrs Stress ed ...You need to take care of yourself, panicstricken..Your family will be fine but you don't want to be so overwhelmed with anxiety that you can't think or function at all..and then your children will have to look after you which you wouldn't want..

Don't give Covid too much power.You still have to live your life x

MRS STRESS ED
03-05-20, 09:55
Your very welcome panicstricken

Covid 19 is on a need to know basic and with your anxiety you don't need to know take of yourself

best wishes xx

panicstricken
06-05-20, 18:21
Hi everyone how are you all doing? I have had good and bad days yesterday was good, today ok. But I have a question why is the death toll still climbing ??? Aparently the uk have overtaken Italy now it puts the fear of how hopeless this all seems. Just feeling a bit like there is no end. Really trying to stay positive I havent left the house for 8 weeks so maybe its just cabin fever lol anyway just thought I'd chat xx

pulisa
06-05-20, 19:40
Hi everyone how are you all doing? I have had good and bad days yesterday was good, today ok. But I have a question why is the death toll still climbing ??? Aparently the uk have overtaken Italy now it puts the fear of how hopeless this all seems. Just feeling a bit like there is no end. Really trying to stay positive I havent left the house for 8 weeks so maybe its just cabin fever lol anyway just thought I'd chat xx

I'd feel like a caged lion if I were in the house for 8 hours solid.. Could you not go for a walk very early or late in the day when it's quiet?

Pamplemousse
06-05-20, 19:48

Because people are completely ignoring the pathetic attempt at a 'lockdown' which someone likened to having a padlock on your door where the padlock has been replaced by a rather soggy chip. Several of my neighbours are carrying on as normal, having visits from family, going to work, that sort of thing.

Expect it to get worse, not better as the economy is prioritised over people. I know that's not what you want to hear, but if you want to stay safe, carry on doing what you are - it's the safest option. I know it's what I plan to do.

Fishmanpa
06-05-20, 19:55
Expect it to get worse, not better as the economy is prioritised over people.

I posted that earlier. The decision has been made. What's a couple million people in the big scheme of things? The best you can do is carry on as you have been in protecting yourself.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

panicstricken
06-05-20, 20:03
Thankyou all for your replies it really helps.to chat on here xxx I tbh have had this terror of leaving the house lol.so.staying in hasn't been a problem and with my daughters and husband I just want to keep them safe so will stay in as long as It takes. But I have to be honest it's hard not seeing the older members of my family my grandparents especially who are in their late 80s and my mum who's in her 60s and I'm really close to its bot a question about staying away I would never endanger them but I am honestly struggling to see an end to it all do we can all be together again. It's good to know I'm bot the only one out there who feel like some people are ignoring what's going on, pamplemousse I have some neighbours around me who are very similar to yours. It gets me d9 angry I can only hope this virus runs out of steam or a cure is found. Trying to stay strong and focused stay safe everyone xxxxx

Pamplemousse
06-05-20, 20:56
You too, Panicstricken :hugs:

pulisa
06-05-20, 21:16
I just go out for shopping and for the occasional walk with my daughter. I am unable to get shopping delivered even though I'm the official carer to both of my adult children, one of whom is severely unwell. Going out gives me some respite for a short while but I don't do anything more and certainly despise all those who bend the "rules" and carry on regardless.

It must be awful to not be able to see your loved ones but let us hope that things improve as Summer approaches despite everything and all the dire predictions..

panicstricken
09-05-20, 16:15
I'm fed up and feeling I'll again temperature is up sore throat and tbh I'm pig sick of this anxiety and covid. Feeling like there is no end and tired of worrying. Genuinely wish it would all go away and feel like I'm ungrateful as so many people are I'll or losing loved ones and I'm struggling to stop.worring about a slightly raised temperature. Just really need a moan tried all coping strategies but body temp doesn't lie and feeling like crap. I just feel like crying I dont because what good will.it do but I feel like it

pulisa
09-05-20, 17:51
The reality is that you haven't been out for weeks on end though..

panicstricken
09-05-20, 18:00
That is very true pulisa xx I keep.telling myself it's impossible right?? I'm just so fed up of this anxiety and covid. How are you doing? You and your family doi ok xxx how are you managing g going out I remember u saying you had to go out as you were a carer xx how are you finding it? I think you are so brave. Sorry if my constant moaning is draining I'm trying hard to stop.being so silly and down xx

pulisa
09-05-20, 19:49
Genuine unrelenting fear isn't being silly and down and I'm certainly not brave. I prefer being out shopping because it gives me a sense of perspective and being a carer can be totally overwhelming. My local supermarket is really thorough in looking after its customers and I like chatting to the checkout operators who are always so cheerful.

Even if you have got a mild temp it's not going to be covid. How could it be?

panicstricken
09-05-20, 20:13
Thankyou pulisa. I'm so glad u are able to find some peace and enjoyment. I miss talking to people lol so having a chat whilst shopping sounds lush. I think I will try and get some sleep and hopefully things will be brighter in the morning x I homeschooled my little ones today and had loads of fun with that but since my temp went up I'm back to the dreaded covid nightmare. It's like a broken record that wont quit. Stay safe and strong pulisa and thankyou for responding xxx

pulisa
09-05-20, 20:38
Can I ask why you took your temperature? Were you feeling feverish or were you just on covid alert?

Thanks for your good wishes xx personally I think it would be great if you could have a socially-distanced chat with someone outside your four walls but I do appreciate your fear of leaving your house. I hope tomorrow is better xx

panicstricken
09-05-20, 20:40
I suddenly started feeling hot and had a bit of a sore throat so I thought I'd check and boom of it goes. At one point it was 38.4 it's now around 37.7. Xx

pulisa
09-05-20, 20:47
It's been very warm here..Maybe you just got overheated and had a dry throat? I think you would know if you had a true fever. My advice would be to put the thermometer away and only use it if you feel as if you are burning up xx

panicstricken
09-05-20, 20:55
Thanks pulisa I will try and follow that advice xx thankyou for chatting with me tonight x

panicstricken
11-05-20, 13:47
Hi all me again xx there have been some developments and tbh I am trying not to 0anic and go I to free fall so I have come on here. As u know I was a little unwell a few days ago, slight temp etc well it hasn't gone away and I've developed a slight rash. I called my dr today and she said that I have to isolate even though I havent brennout of had any contact with anyone. This is honestly getting me worried more than ever if she thinks I need to isolate there just be something wrong and tbh I feel like rubbish.

pulisa
11-05-20, 13:54
All doctors are being over cautious and you can't blame them in the current climate. The reality is that you've been isolated for weeks on end as a family so how would you have contracted Covid?

panicstricken
11-05-20, 15:06
Thanks pulisa i known it makes no sense but I feel really unwell headache temperature feeling exhausted and my joints hurt. I know it makes no sense but I am honestly thinking what if again. Then I think there is no way people are out all the time and there not getting it so how can I when I e been in all the time. But this is an awful feeling

panicstricken
12-05-20, 14:15
Hi all just wanted to.keep you posted xx I have a temp of 38.4 I feel freezing and I'm having palpatations. I am beyond scared now. How on earth could I be covid infected I'm so so frightened. There has to be a reason and I cant find another explanation for the sky rocketing temperature.

Gary A
12-05-20, 16:37
Hi all just wanted to.keep you posted xx I have a temp of 38.4 I feel freezing and I'm having palpatations. I am beyond scared now. How on earth could I be covid infected I'm so so frightened. There has to be a reason and I cant find another explanation for the sky rocketing temperature.

Just because Covid-19 exists doesn’t mean you have to attribute every single symptom to it. There are other viruses and bacterial infections you know, it’s not like coronavirus has evicted them all.

pulisa
12-05-20, 17:54
Also that is hardly a "sky rocketing" temperature. How on earth COULD you be Covid-infected?

Scass
12-05-20, 22:14
Are you taking anything for the pains?

Anxiety can raise your temperature, it’s weird but it can. Or even if you’re ovulating or due on.

Bleach fumes can give you sore throat also.

I think that you need to find a way to help your anxiety, do you ever talk to your doctor about it?

panicstricken
14-05-20, 16:30
Hi everyone how are we all first of all can I say thankyou for your replies xx I would like to apologise if I have appeared irrational or draining over the last few weeks my fear of covid has overwhelmed me the fear of my loved ones who are higher risk contracting it has overwhelmed me. I am sorry. Can I beg you indulgence I have no one else to talk to as I feel like I am draining those around me with the constant worrying so I want to try a different tact. I spoke to the dr and explained all my symptoms suffices to say it wasnt that helpful as they put is straight down to covid and I have been in a spiral ever since. I am now on day 5 of a temperature and it doesn't seem to be breaking. If I list what I have been feeling can anyone who has the strength left to talk to me say if these can be symptoms of anxiety. Please

Temp as high as 38.9 now sitting at 38.4
Shaking all inside
Sudden bouts of dizziness room spinning accompanied with hot flashes
Cough
Headache and pressure in ears and neck
Tickly throat
Exhaustion
Fear overwhelming
Nightmares
Palpatations almost constantly
Feeling overwhelmingly cold despite temp
Burning feelings in eyes nose head and chest
Shooting pains in ears head neck joints
Achy

I have had nothing like this with anxiety before other than palpations so I guess my question is can prolonged fever and all of the above be caused by stress. I want to help myself I want to stop being this way I have cried more lately than i ever have. I am sorry to be so silly and draining i want to help myself thankyou for your time

I'm taking paracetamol for the pains and fever, camomile tea which brings my temp.down slightly and have started taking calms xx

Scass
14-05-20, 16:34
Hi,
I know how scared you are and that you are quite literally panic stricken.

Are you taking anything for the fever? How often are you taking it? If you took it twice in an hour what was it? Does it fluctuate all the time?

When I last had a fever of 38.9 I felt AWFUL. You need to rest, have fluids, take paracetamol every 6 hours.

I’m no doctor, so if that’s what your doctor says then you have to believe it.

X

panicstricken
14-05-20, 16:51
Hi scass I am taking paracetamol and camomile tea for the fever and just drinking as much fluid as I can xxx I thankyou for your time xxx I really appreciate your kindness in responding xx I just cant understand it noone has been in or out of the house in 9 weeks all food deliveries and mail or parcels have been anti backed to an inch of their lives. I just cant see how. I'm feeling truly overwhelmed and terribly frightened hoping beyond all hope the drs got it wrong xxx thankyou for your help xxx

Scass
14-05-20, 17:55
Well the doctors don’t know without seeing you. How long have you had the fever? And how often is it fluctuating?

pulisa
14-05-20, 17:58
Unless you have a test for Covid and it comes out positive you won't know and your doctor is just erring on the side of caution for obvious reasons.

As Scass says, you have to treat the temperature to make yourself feel better, Covid or no Covid. The doctor hasn't made a diagnosis because only a test could do that..It's based on caution during a pandemic. Undoubtedly your panic will make you feel worse but you've isolated yourself from everyone and everything so it's hard to think how you could possibly have been infected and I take it the rest of your family are well? xx

panicstricken
14-05-20, 18:04
Thankyou both for your responses scass I have had a fever for five days but 3 where it's been above 38 consistently xx pulisa yeah all the rest of my family have remained well up till now x thank goodness xxxx I am trying so hard not to panic am hoping that the temp will break and it isn't my worst fear xx like you have said pulisa how can it be xxx I dont understand I really dont xx

panicstricken
14-05-20, 18:22
I'm taking my temp.every hour I feel really warm inside and out if that makes sense xx

BlueIris
14-05-20, 18:32
Why are you taking your temperature every hour? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems like classic HA behaviour.

Gary A
14-05-20, 18:42
The reality is that anyone in the UK phoning their doctor complaining of a raised temperature and a cough is going to be told to treat it as Covid-19.

Remember, though, that out 2,200,000 tests in the UK just over 200,000 have shown as negative. That means that 2,000,000 people have had suggestive symptoms of Covid-19 and tested negative. So clearly having symptoms of the illness is still highly unlikely to actually be said illness.

The symptoms you mention can all be attributed to an absolute multitude of things, your doctor has advised you to treat it like Covid-19 to simply remove the risk of you having it and spreading it to others. I assure you that just because they say to treat it like Covid-19, they are anything but certain that that’s what it is.

You have isolated from society for a long time and so have your family. The chances of you having Covid-19 are absolutely minuscule.

pulisa
14-05-20, 19:21
Why are you taking your temperature every hour? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems like classic HA behaviour.

It is excessive, I agree. It certainly won't help the palpitations and panic.

Scass
14-05-20, 20:41
I'm taking my temp.every hour I feel really warm inside and out if that makes sense xx

Yes it does sort of make sense. Do you have chills/cold feet or hands?
Do you wake in the night with it?

panicstricken
15-05-20, 19:02
Hi everyone thankyou for your replies xx it means a lot that I can come on here and talk x well my temp is still up and my chest is like a vice, but i am trying to take control i have begun the long task of battling my anxiety again, I will probably stumble and fall all along the way but I am working on it. I have started working through some of the self help links on here and I am truly trying to look beyond the symptoms x I am still in isolation and that's hard being away again from my little ones and hubby but it's for their own safety at the mo as we cant be 100 %what it is. I stripped the bed and made it today wiped me out but I did it and I have been focusing on controlling what I can instead of what I cant. I'm really trying hard i hope this can be the start of a new me. Thankyou all for your comments and support I may need it again as I have a feeling this is only the start of a very long long road

Scass
15-05-20, 21:11
Well done for all that you’re doing to help yourself. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

pulisa
16-05-20, 08:27
If I were you I'd put the thermometer away because you will know if you have a significant fever and constant vigilance and checking is keeping your anxiety at a very high level which doesn't help at all.

Chances are you're run down from all the accumulated stress and need to give your brain a good rest along with treating the other symptoms with paracetamol.

I also hope you have a better day today and keep keeping anxiety management as your goal? Little by little makes good sense and you can do this! x

panicstricken
16-05-20, 11:46
Thankyou scass and pulisa I hope you are both well and having a good day xx I have a feeling there will be a number of bumps in the road but I am determined to try xxx I have to as whatever this is covid virus or anxiety build up its pit me on my btm and I cant allow this to happen again. Trying hard to stay focused and positive. Does anyone have any positive stories they have heard I dont want to research myself as invariably I will find the bad and focus on those xxxx stay safe and well everyone x

panicstricken
17-05-20, 13:27
Hi everyone how are we all doing? Xx my temp.is still spiking as high as 38. 4 I'm fed up trying hard to stay positive but it's not working today xx

Scass
17-05-20, 13:39
I don’t understand what you mean by spiking.
Sometimes our temperature fluctuates. I’m not doubting you have a fever, but is it constantly a high temp over 37.5 or does it go below that often?

panicstricken
17-05-20, 13:53
Hi scass thanks for replying xx my temp hasn't gone below 37.6 today but it is up at 38.4 quite regularly for instance took it this morning after breakfast felt ok temp up 38.1 took it again at about 12 o clock 38.4. Just taken it now and its 37.8 in the one ear 38 in the left. So im going by the highest temp. Feel like this is never going to quit. And I've now started feeling like a crackling when I breathe sick and tired of feeling so crappy xx thanks for your reply

pulisa
17-05-20, 14:15
It's a shame you are still taking your temperature so frequently.

Scass
17-05-20, 17:02
Yes I think you should maybe one ir twice a day. Rely on your body to tell you whether you feel better and not the thermometer.

panicstricken
18-05-20, 12:07
Is anyone available to talk? Spoke to a rather rude and judgemental Dr today about getting something for my anxiety she after talking down to me and making me feel generally pathetic has proscribed sertraline. I feel so silly and hopeless I don't mean to offend but I'm really down I've battled this so long and it took a lot to admit I wasn't coping and she made me feel like a total failure. I have spent the whole morning sobbing and feeling like I failed

Scass
18-05-20, 12:33
I am here.
Sorry she was judgemental. What made you call them?

panicstricken
18-05-20, 12:43
Ive been feeling like it has been overwhelming me for a while, but lately I feel like I'm draining everyone and the last few days stuck in this room I have jumped from one fear to another.I'm scared all the timeI've spent the last few days crying and feeling like I'm useless to my family xx

BlueIris
18-05-20, 12:44
I'm so sorry, Panicstricken, you don't deserve to be treated like that.

panicstricken
18-05-20, 15:09
Thankyou both for your kindness I truly feel like I'm useless and a let down. The dr really didnt help and its scared me now tbh. I know I cqnt go on like this but what if all srs treat me the same. Does anyone know anything about sertraline I'm too worried to ask the dr for any advice or support now xx

BlueIris
18-05-20, 15:16
Not an expert, I'm afraid, but I do know what it's like to be afraid of SSRIs.

With any luck, Ian (Panicdownunder) should be able to offer lots of useful advice. The only thing I can suggest is that no side effects can really be worse than the way you're suffering right now.

My heart goes out to you; please know that you're anything but useless and you're not letting anybody down.

Scass
18-05-20, 15:16
You’ve never been treated like that before, and you are also very on edge so just chalk it up to experience. Feel free to complain to the practice manager too.
I don’t have experience but there are lots of threads on it here.

panicstricken
18-05-20, 15:20
Thankyou both xxx for all your support xxx I feel so ashamed after what she said to me xxx I found a thread about the medication so I asked there too xxx thankyou so much for always listening to me and your kind words xxxx

panicstricken
22-05-20, 13:37
Hello everyone how are we all doing hope we are all.weĺl. I am.still in isolation but figure it's the only way to keep everyone safe xxx my dr told me today that a temp.of 37.4 -37.7 is still.considered infection fighting so I'm in here for a while yet. It has been released recently that we can now have home testing kits to see if u currently have covid. But it saids they are most accurate 5 days in and I feel awful about taking one away from key workers if it wont work. How I could of caught a virus remains to be seen but I am.ill and I cant see how it can all be just anxiety. I have bought workbooks and various aromatherapy oils to help soothe my obvious anxiety and continue to work on myself. Desperate to be better and a better me anyway hope all is well.xx 8f anyone fancies a chat I'm here xx

BlueIris
22-05-20, 13:39
Happy to talk if you want/need some company - feel free to shoot me a PM.

panicstricken
05-06-20, 08:36
Hello everyone, hope u all doing ok x I have been working really hard on trying to curb this runaway freight train of anxiety. But today I feel like I need to get some things off my chest and hopefully reduce the constant nagging g worry i have been experiencing.

I'm so sorry for long post ..... I totally get it if u give up reading 😘😘

Ok so as u know I have been poorly and was told to.isolate by my dr roughly 4 weeks ago Isolated and after 20 days returned to the household. I am having these nagging doubts constantly and it's really getting me down. U see it's my daughters birthday soon and I am so worried I am going to be I'll again for that. I became I'll shortly after my other little ones party. But I'm also so scared I will pass something on to her. Ok so her goes with my worries I know its tedious but please can I beg tour forgiveness and indulgence.

1. What if I did have covid and didnt know it or the drs were right and I came out too soon. I still experience throat tightening and a sensation to cough occasional headaches hot flushes (desperately trying not to take my temp)

2. I came out after 20 days because I wasnt getting any worse and my family were missing me and worried

3. I had been in the garden before I got sick what if I caught something there there were neighbours out in both their gardens at the same time.

4. My daughter had bday presents from others that were wrapped and disinfected on outside but what if something came in on them. The birthday that's coming up is for my extremely high risk daughter.

5. I've now heard covid can last up ton6 weeks of longer and u can shed virus up.to 4 (not sure if this is true) and try to rationalise this is probably only serious cases which IF I had it in the first place I wasnt.

6. FEEL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER THAN I AM AND WANT TO REGAIN CONTROL OVER THESE OBSESSIVE AND IM SURE MOSTLY RIDICULOUS THOUGHTS 😥😥

7. Feelings of self loathing and frustration that I cant get rid of this COVID FEAR.

Anyway that's what's going on with my wonderful what if brain atm I know it's more of the same and understand if I frustrate the heck out of you xxx I'm just trying to get the thoughts out in the hope that someone is experiencing them, that it is anxiety, or just that by getting them out they wont have so much of a hold on me.

Scass
05-06-20, 10:40
Have you ever tried cbt? There are free links to it on the forum.

Your thoughts are “what if, what if, what if”. You are hypothetically worrying about something that might never happen or us very unlikely to happen.
Now you’ve written those thoughts down, how do you feel?

Do you have any relaxation methods you could try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panicstricken
05-06-20, 11:01
Hi scass thankyou so much for your reply xx I am currently working through a book called anxiety the 7 week plan. But I will look at the links you mentioned thankyou xx I am so desperate to be over this fear. My what if statements are driving me nuts xx I always seem to have one to replace the previous one. I am trying so hard to be rational but it's just wearing me down and frustrating xx

I am beginning to hate the way I am 😭😭😭

panicstricken
17-06-20, 14:58
Hi all back again and I am in a bit of freefall.

Ok I have been doing really well, well in my book I have kept my anxiety in check for the most part and was working through my cbt. Until today.

Ok long story short I was home schooling my daughters little one came for a cuddle (I've only really relaxed about this for the last 2 weeks as I had been off and on poorly) I noticed she was hot to touch so I did the most stupid thing and took her temp it was 37.8 boom panic mode instantly. All the whatt ifs come pilling in what 8f it was covid I had what if I've given it to her what if she gets really I'll what if she gives it to her high risk sister what if I already have. Boom bk freaking out. Her temp was up for about 3 mins or so now is around 37.5 (this is high for her she normally about 37.2)

I am now freaking out what do I do, do I isolate her is it covid is it just being really over cautious. I feel so so stupid honestly maybe i shouldn't of gone bk to hugging them but they need comfort they are only little. I am so sick of all this worry I feel.so.angry with myself I just cant seem to shake this fear of covid 19 I'm sick of the same thoughts running round my head I just want to feel sure that what I'm doi g is enough and we are covid free.

Scass
17-06-20, 15:04
Don’t worry, check again in an hour. See how her behaviour is, not just her temperature. Just keep an eye on her x

panicstricken
17-06-20, 15:18
Xxxxx thankyou scass 😭😭 I feel so frightened and annoyed with myself she seems fine in herself she has been a little constipated then last 3 days but that went late last night x how she could or I could of got it is beyond me we have been so careful. It has been nearly 3 weeks since I came out of isolation and I was in isolation for 19 days with no new or worsening symptoms and i have not been out for 98 days and counting. How on earth can it be covid

Scass
17-06-20, 17:49
It probably isn’t, temps fluctuate- you know that.

pulisa
17-06-20, 19:51
She would be ill if she had a fever though and her behaviours would reflect this. I think you should put the thermometer away and try to put her feeling a bit hot into perspective? You would certainly know if she were truly unwell and as for the possibility of this being Covid...no one can say that's impossible but you've put a wall around your family so it's highly highly unlikelyxx

panicstricken
17-06-20, 20:59
Thank you both I am honestly so scared and absolutely dumb founded as to why I can't shake this fear I wish someone could tell me its impossible to catch it iff u dont go out and only have deliveries but 8 know no one can x I honestly am so fed up of all this I hate the run away thoughts and fear 😢😢

pulisa
17-06-20, 21:11
You can't shake the fear because no one can tell you it's impossible to catch Covid...even if you put the barricades up. Probably being isolated and on 24/7 alert has added to your anxiety and misery. No one can convince you to go out but would it be any worse than being miserable and afraid in your home? Does your home still feel safe?

panicstricken
18-06-20, 10:15
I wish covid would go away I can rationalise about other illnesses for example 8 know to have chickenpox u have to come into contact with the virus, I know to have tonsillitis same thing or slap cheek, scarlet fever etc but covid that's a different ball game in my mind its going to get us even behind closed doors and antibacked / disinfected deliveries. I am so fed up of my mind right now wish 8 could just turn it off. Thanks for your support guys as always u really have helped me so much.

Pulisa thankyou for your words of logic, tbh the house feels safer than outside but only marginally my fear is of something getting in on a package or something. I find myself battling constantly like rational and irrational. Eg it could get in the house versus u antiback and disinfect everything, or one of you could catch it and pass it around .... but none of you have left the house. Its constant to and fro xx

Scass
18-06-20, 20:40
You’re behaving like a child, but without as much resilience. I don’t mean that cruelly, but my 6 year old also says “I wish it will go away”. Well, it’s not, so what will you do?

panicstricken
18-06-20, 21:53
You’re behaving like a child, but without as much resilience. I don’t mean that cruelly, but my 6 year old also says “I wish it will go away”. Well, it’s not, so what will you do?

Thankyou scass I feel.bad enough about myself already!!😔😭. I didnt mean to frustrate u. Just meant I am sick of how irrational this fear is and how despite trying a number of different strategies I cant seem to get past this one fear. I have good days, more of them lately and then something will trigger it off again. I am frustrated and fed up and sick of being stuck in a loop, Guess your right I dont have as much resilience. 😥

Midnight-mouse
18-06-20, 22:44
I think it might be worth examining why this is any different in that respect, if you rationalise with other viruses that you have to come into contact with them and that’s okay, can you figure out why this is any different? It’s just as invisible as other viruses, plenty of others survive on surfaces and travel through droplets, in fact some stay in the air far longer.

Is it because of the media focus? The lockdowns? Are there steps that you can take to distance yourself from the things that are making you more focused on this?

For example it helps me to think of the numbers of new cases each day and compare that to how large our population actually is, and think that’s all those other people that didn’t get confirmed today, all those other people like myself that haven’t got it, especially in my local area. I don’t watch or listen to the news on any topic but particularly something that I know can be extremely triggering for me. If there’s anything important I need to know I have others that will inform me, so I’m definitely not going uninformed just not adding unnecessary stress to myself.

pulisa
19-06-20, 08:13
I imagine that the underlying health conditions warning must have magnified your fears about Covid but have any of your family actually received a letter telling them to shield indefinitely?

panicstricken
19-06-20, 08:27
Hi pulisa and midnight mouse, yeah we have had two shielding letters the first said we had to shield until june 22nd this was then extended to june 30th then we recieved another telling us we had to shield until the end of august.

pulisa
19-06-20, 08:35
Hi pulisa and midnight mouse, yeah we have had two shielding letters the first said we had to shield until june 22nd this was then extended to june 30th then we recieved another telling us we had to shield until the end of august. Then you are doing all you can under really challenging circumstances. Other than transporting yourselves into a completely isolated and sanitised bubble which is impossible of course. It must be awful to be so cut off from everyone yet to be so full of fear of imminent attack. Realistically you have reduced your risk of Covid hugely and at great emotional cost..but I know that this won't be enough reassurance because there is never enough reassurance xx

panicstricken
19-06-20, 08:59
Thankyou pulisa, i know I can be frustrating and draining on times I'm just hoping that we are doing the right things. I know noone can say for sure but I am grateful for everyones help on here xxx I am fed up of the fear and constant thinking is what we doing good enough but I guess I know deep down that we cant do much more as to stop everything coming in (food and deliveries) is impossible. My fear is overwhelming on times but the good days are more frequent and I enjoy those.

Midnight mouse thankyou for your suggestion of trying to figure out why this is so different xx I purposely have stopped listening to or researching anything covid related and I honestly cant understand y I find it so difficult to rationalise this illness maybe it's because at the start it was all about underlying conditions causing death etc. I think also its because the people with those conditions in here are my husband a daughter and my father died from.complications that arose from a heart transplant when I was young after contracting a similar virus. This certainly has had me in a flat spin but I am trying so hard to focus on all we are doing and I am so grateful for everyone on here xxx

pulisa
19-06-20, 14:08
What happened to your Dad must have been so awful for you as a young girl so I can quite understand why you feel so terrified now. You're reliving the nightmare and it's a prolonged nightmare. Are you able to talk to your Mum about how you feel? xx

panicstricken
19-06-20, 15:47
Hi pulisa thankyou for your reply x I dont want to make my mum have to relive painful memories I'm sure she would help. But for me I know she is worried about it too and I just dont want to make those memories come flooding back. Thankyou so much for your understanding coming on here truly does help just to get it out u know. I'm sorry if I drain people sometimes with my comments. I am still working through my cbt book and I am starting to have more good moments than bad xxx

Scass
19-06-20, 16:40
Thankyou scass I feel.bad enough about myself already!![emoji17][emoji24]. I didnt mean to frustrate u. Just meant I am sick of how irrational this fear is and how despite trying a number of different strategies I cant seem to get past this one fear. I have good days, more of them lately and then something will trigger it off again. I am frustrated and fed up and sick of being stuck in a loop, Guess your right I dont have as much resilience. [emoji26]

I don’t mean to make you feel worse honestly, I’ve been where you are, but you have to start thinking of it in different ways. Wishing it would go away is just avoiding it. I’m a huge avoider, so I understand.
What can you do to be proactive about how you approach it? Having to shield is very scary. Good news is that you’ll be first for a vaccine when it comes (or 2nd after health workers).
How can you make your days better?

panicstricken
19-06-20, 19:07
Thankyou scass for your reply x

tbh I am not sure what else I can do, I am focusing on cbt, homeschooling and craft days to help my girls get through this I'm trying my hardest to make it as fun for them as i can. I am focusing or trying to on this i can control decorating, home schooling etc and trying not to think about covid 24/7. Its really hard though expecially when when I feel like I'm getting to a good place something will happen and the spiral begins again.

I am ensuring everything that comes into the house is clean and ensuring the high traffic areas of the house are given extra attention. I am really trying to keep on top of it all.

I am not looking at anything covid related and am trying my hardest to convince myself we are safe in the house. I guess only time will tell. X

Scass
19-06-20, 19:34
That all sounds good but you must be exhausted. Are you taking time for yourself to have a bath or watch a bit of telly?

Also, it’s about thinking positively. It’s not another day with covid - it’s another day closer to better days.

Hard I know, but worth a try x

pulisa
19-06-20, 20:06
It does sound like such an aggressive battle against the threat of Covid...You are determined to avoid it yet your whole day is based around it and the need to annihilate any hint of it..After all this time your brain must be exhausted.

Are you able to switch off at all?

Scass
20-06-20, 08:35
Are you doing a worry journal if you’re doing cbt?

panicstricken
20-06-20, 11:12
Hiya everyone x yeah im doing a worry journal, I am trying hard everyday to focus on good things xxx how are u all coping how do u stop the anxiety related to covid overtaking u?

Gary A
20-06-20, 13:12
Hiya everyone x yeah im doing a worry journal, I am trying hard everyday to focus on good things xxx how are u all coping how do u stop the anxiety related to covid overtaking u?

I accept it as just another hazard in life to be honest. Crossing the road is dangerous, driving a car is dangerous, but I look left and right before crossing the road and I try to drive as safely as possible to reduce the risks involved.

That’s how I’m treating this. I don’t stand in crowds, I keep my distance as much as possible and I ensure I follow good hygiene measures. Life is risky, it’s all about getting a sensible perception of it and doing what you can to reduce the risk.

Do you know the risk of catching Covid-19 in the UK right now is about 1000 to 1? Putting it simply, I wouldn’t place any money on me catching it as the odds are stacked heavily against it. The odds reduce even further if you’re taking the measures you are.

Even if you do get it, around 4 in 5 of every positive case experience mild symptoms that can be managed at home. The risk of catching it at all is very small, the risk of becoming seriously ill with it is even smaller.

You need to start thinking in these ways or you’ll end up as a prisoner of your own mind.

panicstricken
20-06-20, 15:56
Thankyou Gary a for your response xxxx I will try to focus on what I can control like u suggest I hadn't realised the statistics I find those numbers very reassuring thankyou xxxxx

panicstricken
02-08-20, 10:22
Hi everyone hope you are all doing ok. I'm sorry to be on here again but I'm starting to really worry again (I know nothing new).

My latest cause for anxiety is the fact that shielding is coming to an end or at least rumoured to. I have been home schooling the children and staying in we havent been anywhere since march because as many of you know we have members of the household with serious underlying health issues.

Well its worrying me that shielding is coming to an end schools are starting bk and apparently children under 11 dont need to social distance, my husband works in a school with children and to be quite honest I am petrified that this will cause us to catch covid. I am trying so hard to remain clear headed. I was doing well but now I feel like it's getting worse again. I know we cant be in here forever but with cases going on more everyday it would seem it doesn't seem safe to be going bk to normal. Does anyone else feel this way?

pulisa
02-08-20, 13:34
What does your husband think about going back to work in a school environment? Is he able to in view of his vulnerability? Do you have a choice about the children going back or is it compulsory now?

nomorepanic
02-08-20, 14:32
I thought shielding ended on 1st august. I have to go back to work this week as well.

Surely the schools are on holiday now?

panicstricken
12-08-20, 14:53
Hi everyone me again, I hope u dont mind but I needed to come on and get a few things out before I let the panic set in.

My little one she is 7, started complaining about a headache and sore tummy yesterday I didnt think much of it tbh but as the day progressed and night time came she got worse. She had been playing with her sister all.day. well anyway I took her temp.and it was 38.9 this is very high for her as normally she is in the 36 region.

So we ended up calling 111 as that's what u told to do if it's a new temp and they asked loads of questions and said it could be covid and to do a test.

No I'm desperately trying not to let the cycle take over me. She did a urine sample this morning that was clear no infection, I'm so frightened. We havent been anywhere I mean nowhere how on earth could it be covid?

Just needed to get it out thanks if you read this far

pulisa
12-08-20, 18:07
You seem to have been given the "possible covid" fob off quite a few times though by 111? It's easy for them to give this "diagnosis" because it covers all their backs. The reality is that you have been nowhere for months.

I know you will be worried but it could just be a simple tummy bug, nothing more. You will know whether she is really poorly xxx

Elen
12-08-20, 18:10
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

panicstricken
12-08-20, 19:13
Thanks pulisa, yeah I am trying to hold on to the fact that that is what they have to day in present circumstances. I have tried to be so careful literally exhausted myself trying to be ahead of everything and like u said have not been anywhere for months. But I always have that what if voice what if I've missed something wasnt careful enough. I'm trying hard not to let it take over this time. Thanks for replying

pulisa
12-08-20, 19:27
You mustn't let it take over. If you make yourself ill with worry then your family will suffer. You have literally shut yourselves away for months on end so your nerves will be frazzled anyway and your thoughts will be skewed. I'm sure you've done everything and more to keep your family safe..but you will have to learn to manage the "what if" voices and put them in perspective at some point? xx

Lencoboy
12-08-20, 19:33
Thanks pulisa, yeah I am trying to hold on to the fact that that is what they have to day in present circumstances. I have tried to be so careful literally exhausted myself trying to be ahead of everything and like u said have not been anywhere for months. But I always have that what if voice what if I've missed something wasnt careful enough. I'm trying hard not to let it take over this time. Thanks for replying

If you and your family haven't been anywhere recently and have been following all the relevant guidelines, it's highly unlikely your daughter might have Corona.

Remember people can have those same symptoms in 'normal' times too.

And the weather has been exceptionally hot these past few days which probably hasn't helped.

panicstricken
12-08-20, 20:02
Thankyou both for your responses I am trying really hard to rationalise and stay in control.of these runaway thoughts