PDA

View Full Version : Codine needs to be banned.

WiredIncorrectly
12-08-20, 17:07
That stuff is genuinely addictive. I'm about 1 week in from it. I got addicted from taking co-codimol during tooth ache. I got sick after I had it extracted and continued to take it. If I didn't take it I would vomit and feel terrible anxiety. It helped me sleep. It helped me relax.

I started buying large quantities over the counter and extracting the codine using a method I won't mention. It's well known. I didn't want the paracetomol, just the codine and the 8mg/500mg co-codimol they sell over the counter can't be taken in large quantities due to paracetamol overdose. I was pouring 100mg codine into a drink and sipping it.

This is actually done recreationally and in the USA it's called "lean". Except they use codine based cough syrups. Only recently learned this.

Codine is pure evil. I read horror stories of people going from pain medication addiction to heroin. No thanks lol.

BlueIris
12-08-20, 17:12
Two words: period cramps.

In the past, I've had to pace the floor while I waited for the co-codamol to kick in.

Glad you've got yourself clear, though.

WiredIncorrectly
12-08-20, 17:22
Two words: period cramps.

In the past, I've had to pace the floor while I waited for the co-codamol to kick in.

Glad you've got yourself clear, though.

Ok, that's an exception. My partner takes them for the same reason :roflmao:

Elen
12-08-20, 18:04
My thoughts is that is like many other drugs it is not good to abuse it.

I have long term pain problems and take it but am not addicted.

Meds should not be banned because some people abuse them.

WiredIncorrectly
12-08-20, 18:13
My thoughts is that is like many other drugs it is not good to abuse it.

I have long term pain problems and take it but am not addicted.

Meds should not be banned because some people abuse them.

You're right Elen. But it's a slippery slope and easy to get addicted to them. I mean I don't think they should sold over the counter because it doesn't stop abuse.

ankietyjoe
12-08-20, 20:39
You could say the same about alcohol tbh.

AntsyVee
12-08-20, 20:41
You can send your codeine to me ;)

Lolalee1
12-08-20, 22:27
Listen here Thelma you know we share our stash:flowers:

pulisa
13-08-20, 08:16
It's great for anxiety but obviously can't be used for that safely. I think doctors are cottoning on to the fact that it shouldn't be used for chronic pain issues because it causes more problems long term.

WiredIncorrectly
13-08-20, 16:27
Listen here Thelma you know we share our stash:flowers:

My stash was pilfered.

WiredIncorrectly
13-08-20, 16:28
You could say the same about alcohol tbh.

I can't argue with that one. Valid point, probably worse for you too.

Lolalee1
14-08-20, 12:24
My stash was pilfered.

Do you know who raided your stash?:winks: