i feel anxious all day every day
my thoughts are horrible ranging from i am going to die , go mad etc

i feel unreal and detached lke i am heading for a breakdown

i am really struggling to stay positive at all

any help would be great

sammie

Richie
25-10-07, 11:29
hi Sammie not sure if u the same Sammi but you really helped me out one day when i was in crisis, ive also seen the way u have counselled other people in the chat room and think Sammie that you have alot going for you
Know what you mean when u say u feel anxious day to day, i hate waking up in the morning to know ive got to live another nightmare Sometimes feel like its better to be unreal and detached rather than going round in circles with inescapable panic thoughts. However i appreciate your unreality must be very scary indeed. Is there any chance you can recieve help from a sympathetic GP Sammi? Just remember that you are not choosing to have these thoughts , and if you could get rid of them you would. we all would .
But you are not going insane although it feels like that and there are so many on this website who have similar problems, alot who with the right help have managed and coped once again. i am just in the process of trying to find help
lots and lots of love Richiex
one thing that sometimes helps people is "flooding" let the thoughts in ,let them attack you and eventually they lose their grip y'know. It can work but best to do this under supervision of a CBT therapist. I try it but thoughts are sometimes worse than deadly blows, allthe best x x

madamgg
25-10-07, 11:41
Hi Sammie
I completely and utterly sympathise with you.
As hard as it is to believe you are not going mad, you are aware of what is happening to you and this is very much a temporary state.
Have you been to your doctors? You don't need to suffer, there is medication that can help you. Are you taking anything at the moment?
J x

sammie
25-10-07, 11:51
hi
thanks for your replies

yes i am on trazadone 150 mg at night and propanalol 10mg x3 a day and just weaning off seroxat because it was not helping they did mention trying venafluxan ( cant spell it) so i dont know if that will help .

all i know is i cant carry on like this its so draining

sammie

madamgg
25-10-07, 12:00
Yes it is draining. If smth isn't working though i would make myself the biggest pest in the surgery until you get what you need to help you.
I have felt very much like i can't cope recently the anti D's i am taking made me sleepless for 8 nights but you do cope you feel like crap but you do cope.
Stick with it
x

Richie
25-10-07, 12:01
hi Sammie again! perhaps your other medication isn't working because if u been taking it for a long time the tolerance level gets higher so sometimes it feels like they are not working at all . If Seroxat is not helping its probably unlikely that venaflaxine (Effexor) will. They are both pretty similar and work in similar ways with the serotonin levels in your brain, Docs like to try them out cause they are the latest pill on the block !!!!!
Love Richie xxxx just weaned myself off veneflaxine over a month was on them a year
take care x