PDA

View Full Version : Very low mortality in '3rd world' African countries.

ankietyjoe
15-08-20, 18:22
Interesting video.

Numbers appear to exclude genetic factors.

Despite a relatively young population age, numbers still show considerably less mortality rates than the Western cultures.

The implication is lots of exercise, not as much food and exposure to sun is the best bet in combating covid complications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcS-UWBq4Q

fishman65
15-08-20, 18:51
I've been following Dr Campbell since January and yes the message from this video seems to be eat less and move more.

ankietyjoe
15-08-20, 19:30
I've been following Dr Campbell since January and yes the message from this video seems to be eat less and move more.

I think it's not just eat less, it's what you eat too. Cut out all the processed crap.

NancyW
15-08-20, 22:50

Me too !!

dorabella
18-08-20, 23:06
Sterling work from Dr John. Been following him since March and he always talks sense - none of the doom-laden, scare-mongering stuff that the MSM seems to delight in - just straight facts.Africa (as opposed to South Africa) has a generally younger population who don't live in crowded urban areas, have a more basic and natural diet, and seem to have more developed more robust immune systems due to exposure to the myriad viruses proliferating in the continent.Here in the western developed world, we live for the most part in urban areas with high density populations, don't eat such basic diets, and are exposed to far fewer viruses such as proliferate in the third world and the far east. Over-medication and less physical lifestyles don't exactly help either.Certainly food for thought.

ankietyjoe
18-08-20, 23:15
Sterling work from Dr John. Been following him since March and he always talks sense - none of the doom-laden, scare-mongering stuff that the MSM seems to delight in - just straight facts.Africa (as opposed to South Africa) has a generally younger population who don't live in crowded urban areas, have a more basic and natural diet, and seem to have more developed more robust immune systems due to exposure to the myriad viruses proliferating in the continent.Here in the western developed world, we live for the most part in urban areas with high density populations, don't eat such basic diets, and are exposed to far fewer viruses such as proliferate in the third world and the far east. Over-medication and less physical lifestyles don't exactly help either.Certainly food for thought.

He pretty much debunks (too harsh - partially dismisses) the idea that it's because the population is young and has high viral exposure. Although that plays a part, it doesn't explain the huge difference in mortality rates, especially given the extreme low levels of critical care if you do get really ill.

The biggest factor seems to be down to lifestyle and diet.

dorabella
18-08-20, 23:42
Of course age and virus exposure demographics are not the sole determining factors - although similar phenomena have been recorded in places such as Taiwan, South Korea and Vietnam which seem to have had relatively lighter casualty rates.In the West, generally older, less fit and poorly dieted populations have not fared so well.

pulisa
19-08-20, 08:19
Taking Cape Verde as an example, people are buried within a few hours of dying. Cases are mainly imported from Portugal. Cape Verdians are pretty much island based but I wouldn't say that their lifestyle is basic. They don't understand social distancing but lockdown is taken seriously and rigidly enforced. Their legal system is pretty awful so I imagine that many deaths aren't recorded or registered..People just get buried asap

Lencoboy
19-08-20, 10:37
Taking Cape Verde as an example, people are buried within a few hours of dying. Cases are mainly imported from Portugal. Cape Verdians are pretty much island based but I wouldn't say that their lifestyle is basic. They don't understand social distancing but lockdown is taken seriously and rigidly enforced. Their legal system is pretty awful so I imagine that many deaths aren't recorded or registered..People just get buried asap

Kind of ironic as many are still constantly labelling the UK as the 'laughing stock of the world'!!