PDA

View Full Version : help

j
02-02-05, 22:07
i got married 4 months ago and it was great.For some reason my past has come flooding back to me.I was sexually abuse from the age of 7 to 11.I never told anyone about this not even my family,i know pretty stupid,now i cant sleep i keep having flash backs and i have so many feelings all at the same time,guilt,anger,upset,i dont know where to start.I alway's remembered the abuse but pushed it aside,pretending it never happened and it worked for a long time.i dont know how to cope with all these feelings or why they are bothering me now.i do know that I feel like im about to explode and dont know what to do..

j

Meg
02-02-05, 22:12
Hi J,

Congratulations on your marriage. Theres no telling when these things are going to be triggered back into our concious self.

You will do best by getting some experienced help for this.

Here's a few places to start.

Action Against Abuse of Women and Girls, Tel 01243 785 948
ISO-SAC (In Support of Sexually Abused Children), Tel 020 7284
MOSAC, Helpline 0800 980 1958
Rape Crisis Centres
Survivors UK (for men), 0845 122 1201
also contact LifeLine, Tel 01262 469 085

Good luck

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
03-02-05, 21:33
Hi J

Sorry to hear that - must be hard for you to face up to it now as well.

Have you been able to talk to anyone about this and get it all out in the open?

Nicola

razocaine_07
04-02-05, 14:35
Hi J , i met someone with a similar past. Obviously i cant go into detail, but they found that talking to someone they didnt know, either on here or in a counsellling session was a good way of not bottling it up inside