PDA

View Full Version : DVT Worry

its1111
19-08-20, 21:44
Anyone with DVT experience? I started a new birth control pill (Yaz) and have recently started getting a leg cramp/charley horse in the back of my leg, right above my knee. The cramp only hurts after I sit down and then try to walk on it. After a minute or 2 of walking it feels better. This has been happening for a few days now and I’m only concerned because Yaz is notorious for blood clots- I’ve never had a problem on other pills but it’s strange to have such a bad cramp after sitting. I may call my dr tomorrow but has anyone else had something like this?

Fishmanpa
19-08-20, 23:37
So a clot is a blockage right? When your sink or toilet clogs its pretty obvious right? When a sink or toilet clogs, does it come and go? A DVT/clot would not block a vein or artery, then clear up and be fine for a while. No different than a sink or toilet clog.

Positive thoughts

its1111
19-08-20, 23:55
I agree- that was my thought at first. But then I spoke to a friend who had a dvt and her pain was on and off for a while (then got worse after a week). I’m hoping it’s just a muscular irritation.