PDA

View Full Version : HA high

kestral
20-08-20, 06:15
I'm so worried after I did a blood test to be rang by the receptionist early the following morning saying i needed to repeat the test and arranged i go for this two weeks later
When I asked why she said she thought the sample had gone missing but I'm thinking it showed something bad and needs a further check.

pulisa
20-08-20, 08:18
The doctor would have rung you if it was anything urgent, not the receptionist but you could ring again and ask to speak to the doctor just to clarify things? Get some facts and don't allow your HA to feed you fiction?

Midnight-mouse
20-08-20, 11:01
They wouldn’t of lied to you, even if it’s bad the doctors will tell you their suspicions/findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRS STRESS ED
20-08-20, 13:32
kestrel your doing what all us HA sufferers do making up things in your head, this happens in labs test get lost or not adequate and as midnight mouse said they won't lie to you now chill out 🤗

best wishes

kestral
21-08-20, 06:54
The what ifs are getting worse and I don't want to go to the retest, feeling trapped by it all, the anxiety really kicks in first thing in the morning.

NoraB
21-08-20, 07:29
I'm so worried after I did a blood test to be rang by the receptionist early the following morning saying i needed to repeat the test and arranged i go for this two weeks later
When I asked why she said she thought the sample had gone missing but I'm thinking it showed something bad and needs a further check.

If your test showed anything wrong they would tell you. Things do go missing. My son's dental appointment for the children's hospital for one - totally gone off the radar. See, health anxiety loves this kind of thing. Sample gone missing or the end of the road (I always used to go straight to terminal illness - all or nothing, me) HA thrives on it. Its beady little eyes lit up at the prospect of getting some major worrying in. It's dancing around your brain like it's happy hour. Take control. Do not believe everything that you think!

kestral
21-08-20, 08:48
Health concerns have always been a part of my life in a big way. Growing up my mum was in and out of hospital all the time and now my wife is being treated for several problems, cancer, ibs as well as eye and ear problems although she copes wonderfully, she is the rock in our marriage, I'm the one with all the uncontrolled fears.

pulisa
21-08-20, 13:13
You can control them , Kestral. Don't overthink a situation when you have been given a very reasonable explanation for asking for a retest. There's no hidden meaning behind the retest-samples do go missing. If you were told this why not believe it? The doctor would have been in touch if there was any other medical reason for arranging another test.