PDA

View Full Version : Relapse - Paramedic

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 12:13
I’ve had a relapse in my health anxiety. I vomited some blood yesterday and then had a severe panic attack - felt like I couldn’t walk properly, like I could drop dead any minute, dizzy, vertigo, depersonalisation you name it :(

I called an ambulance as I was so frightened something was wrong. She diagnosed me with GORD and that was the reason for the bit of blood (I’ve had chronic heartburn for years). She took my blood pressure, blood oxygen, did an ECG, blood sugars and temperature. All came back fine. She said in her medical opinion I am severely anxious but medically I am well/healthy.

I still can’t shake the feeling something is really wrong. Should I be taking all those vitals as a good indicator I’m likely okay? I asked her about BT’s also as that’s always been my biggest fear however she said it seems very unlikely in her medical opinion - especially since all vitals are normal....

Scass
20-08-20, 12:23
That does sound very scary, but great news ultimately regarding your physical health.
Did she make any suggestions about your anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 12:37
She said I need to practice mindfulness and get back in touch with my mental health nurse. I’m just still very worried. I’ve been free of this for four years! I don’t understand :(

ankietyjoe
20-08-20, 15:43
What is it that you need to hear from people here that a trained medical professional who performed a number of tests on you didn't say?

HA is mostly habitual, so do whatever you did before to reduce it.

We live in weird times, anxiety relapses are common and likely.

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 16:56
What is it that you need to hear from people here that a trained medical professional who performed a number of tests on you didn't say?

HA is mostly habitual, so do whatever you did before to reduce it.

We live in weird times, anxiety relapses are common and likely.

I know your right - these physical symptoms are just so scary and debilitating :(

pulisa
20-08-20, 17:56
I know your right - these physical symptoms are just so scary and debilitating :(

Only if you let them be, Mrs D.

You've had a thorough checkover by a trained paramedic. I'd be delighted to get such a clean bill of health. You can look for trouble by ruminating further and coming up with all sorts of terminal stuff...or you can accept that HA can try and get a hold at any point in your life. But you can put a check on it and I'm sure you will as you did before.

worrywomanscotland
20-08-20, 18:32
I think sometimes you feel worse when you have a relapse. You probably thought you were over this and cant understand why it suddenly appeared. Sometimes there isnt any logical reason. I too seem to go for a while without feeling anxious about my health and then quite out of the blue I can get a panic attack. I dont think people realise just how close to dying that you feel like you are. People who have never had them think they sound silly but they are the worst thing ever. I think you probably know deep inside that you're fit and healthy but you just cant shake the nagging thoughts that appear suggesting other illnesses....you wish you could just switch it off but its not that easy.

I read a really good book years ago by Clare Weekes which gave great tips on how to try and reduce anxiety. If you haven't tried it already it may be of help. Sometimes just knowing that you're not the only one feeling this way can help too.

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 20:45
Only if you let them be, Mrs D.

You've had a thorough checkover by a trained paramedic. I'd be delighted to get such a clean bill of health. You can look for trouble by ruminating further and coming up with all sorts of terminal stuff...or you can accept that HA can try and get a hold at any point in your life. But you can put a check on it and I'm sure you will as you did before.

This is very true. I must hold onto this!

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 20:46
I think sometimes you feel worse when you have a relapse. You probably thought you were over this and cant understand why it suddenly appeared. Sometimes there isnt any logical reason. I too seem to go for a while without feeling anxious about my health and then quite out of the blue I can get a panic attack. I dont think people realise just how close to dying that you feel like you are. People who have never had them think they sound silly but they are the worst thing ever. I think you probably know deep inside that you're fit and healthy but you just cant shake the nagging thoughts that appear suggesting other illnesses....you wish you could just switch it off but its not that easy.

I read a really good book years ago by Clare Weekes which gave great tips on how to try and reduce anxiety. If you haven't tried it already it may be of help. Sometimes just knowing that you're not the only one feeling this way can help too.

Absolutely, I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. It just seems so much more real and hard the second time around. I feel like such a failure. And cannot shift this feeling of feeling I’m dying 😭

pulisa
20-08-20, 21:02
It's ok to feel that you are dying but it's just not true. It's just a feeling not fact.

MRS STRESS ED
20-08-20, 21:05
I’ve had a relapse in my health anxiety. I vomited some blood yesterday and then had a severe panic attack - felt like I couldn’t walk properly, like I could drop dead any minute, dizzy, vertigo, depersonalisation you name it :(

I called an ambulance as I was so frightened something was wrong. She diagnosed me with GORD and that was the reason for the bit of blood (I’ve had chronic heartburn for years). She took my blood pressure, blood oxygen, did an ECG, blood sugars and temperature. All came back fine. She said in her medical opinion I am severely anxious but medically I am well/healthy.

I still can’t shake the feeling something is really wrong. Should I be taking all those vitals as a good indicator I’m likely okay? I asked her about BT’s also as that’s always been my biggest fear however she said it seems very unlikely in her medical opinion - especially since all vitals are normal....

Hi Mrs D sorry to hear how your feeling, that was me about a month ago l had a really funny sensation burning paramedics came they took me to hospital,

l had very high pulse and blood pressure and I'm fine, so be reassured they said everything was okay, lots of people are suffering with extreme anxiety due to this awful pandemic,
I'm still not 100per cent right but l am fighting this bloody anxiety everyday, you need to aswell we can't let it win, l have good days and bad bit that's okay l have realised,

take everyday as it comes try and plan things keep busy stops the anxiety brain kicking in, its not easy but remember its anxiety take care xx

best wishes

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 21:26
Hi Mrs D sorry to hear how your feeling, that was me about a month ago l had a really funny sensation burning paramedics came they took me to hospital,

l had very high pulse and blood pressure and I'm fine, so be reassured they said everything was okay, lots of people are suffering with extreme anxiety due to this awful pandemic,
I'm still not 100per cent right but l am fighting this bloody anxiety everyday, you need to aswell we can't let it win, l have good days and bad bit that's okay l have realised,

take everyday as it comes try and plan things keep busy stops the anxiety brain kicking in, its not easy but remember its anxiety take care xx

best wishes

This really eases me. Thank you so much!! It’s so blooming hard!

MrsDavies
20-08-20, 21:26
It's ok to feel that you are dying but it's just not true. It's just a feeling not fact.

This is true! Sometimes you just need to see this in writing!

MRS STRESS ED
20-08-20, 22:15
This is true! Sometimes you just need to see this in writing!

It is hard but keep telling yourself you are okay its anxiety, l am getting to the point when l have a panic attack l just go with it although unpleasant can't harm us stay positive xx

best wishes