PDA

View Full Version : im back my dog died

mooks
25-10-07, 16:33
hi guys
havent been on for a while but alway kept a look at the site. Thought I was getting better and as have this for 10 years know there are dips etc...just cant come to terms with my anxety creeping back....

I have 2 beautiful king charles spaniels - ollie & maisie...8 & 3...Ollie was diagnosed with a heart condition a few months ago ..put on meds but we were told not to worry. He had a heart attack on sunday we tried to revive him but he passed at the vet.

my husband is distraught...we have maisie wondering around like a lost soul and ive had to take holiday to look after her.

Im just so mad that my anxiety has starte again..im trying to be strong my hubby needs me yet can feel all the horrible symptoms coming back...my anxiety is always connected to change of routine...im now stuck in limbo my poor poor other pooch is bereft i feel so sorry for her....

mooks
25-10-07, 16:36
just wanted to add, we went to see amother dog took maisise..she was ok...and we're thinking may be best for her...but it makes my anxiety worse the whole change thing new dog etc....worring if theyll get on..i was the same when we got maisie for ollie.....can anyone help

neptuno
25-10-07, 17:41
Hello !
I never underestimate the grief of losing a pet - its just the same as a family member. The anxiety you are feeling now it what any other person would experience in this situation - its not your symptoms coming back - its a totally normal and expected response to this sad event in your life. Its a big change for Maisie too - but you will adapt together because your daily routine will have to change - and this is a good thing because it is how we cope best. Grieve for Ollie, but enjoy Maise more.
Be kind to yourself

honeybee3939
25-10-07, 18:41
Aww Mooks

Have a hug from me hun :hugs: I lost my dog a few months ago so i can understand just how you are feeling.

Be strong:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

mooks
25-10-07, 18:54
thanks guys, yeah it partley grief, but i know in myself the anxiety is starting
again...i hate breaks in routine
seems silly prob to many that getting a new dog causes me such problems but i lost my little double act and for me the familiar routine is gone...
My hubby needs me to be strong, and i just cant seem to stop the anxiety

kazzie
25-10-07, 20:44
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Mooks

Luv Kaz x x x

Quirky
25-10-07, 21:56
Hi there,

So sorry to hear about your dog :hugs: Having lost 2 myself I know how hard it is.

Be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to grieve and if it doesn't feel right to get another dog just yet then there is no rush - just do what feels right for you either way and take all the time you need :hugs:

Take care,

Lisa x

shoegal
25-10-07, 22:09
I'm really sorry to hear about your dog, Mooks.

I have an elderly dog myself and I would be devastated to lose him, so I understand how you must feel.

Thinking of you. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

yorkylover
26-10-07, 16:47
http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Hugs_And_Kisses/images/hugs-kisses--09.gif Mooks,Im so sorry to hear about your dog Ollie.I know how you must be feeling.I lost my dog 7 years ago and it still hurts.I was told getting another dog would help,it doesnt replace your friend,but it helps with the grief.All I can say is dont get another dog until you feel ready.
I got Ollie my yorky now, about two months after I lost Benjie,that was because I felt so empty and alone.Ollie has helped me with my grief and I love him to bits. I still think of Benjie,and I know some day we will all meet up again.
I found it helped me getting another dog,as I had so much love to give,and I know you have to.:hugs:

Gordon
26-10-07, 16:51
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.

Pets are part of the family and their loss is hard to take.

Gordon

pips
26-10-07, 17:07
So sorry to hear this,

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/edge06/comment/hg/hg027.gifTo you.
Take Care,

Love Pip's X

mooks
27-10-07, 15:41
well weve got a puppy shes lovely.....BUT my other dog doesnt seem to like her...its been 24 hours she growls when pupp comes over...now im anxious they wont get on or wont be left

yorkylover
27-10-07, 16:09
Thats lovely news.Im sure your dog will get used to puppy.It takes a bit of time for them to get used to each other.You know what pups are like running all over the place.Im sure things will settle down soon.
Whats the puppy called?:hugs:

mooks
29-10-07, 08:48
we,ve called her annie, but hubby is getting annoyed with me as my anxiety is so bad. My 3 year old is not happy with the puppy...really peed off. I just want thm to get on...but my older dog snaps at her, then jumps up on the sofa looking hurt...its seems wierd but this has really set my anxiety off ...you may fond it sily but i just want things to be normal like when my other dog was here...i know time etc....but coz of this damn illness i cant see ahead all i see is my older dog being unhappy,,,never being able to leave them etc...anyone have any advice or reassuring stories of going through this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yorkylover
29-10-07, 13:35
Things will get better,I can understand how you must be feeling,not only the anxiety,but you are grieving to,and its all to much at once.Maybe you should have left getting a puppy for a while,but you have Annie now and Im sure things will settle soon.
Is the puppy in a play pen or she roaming freely.Keeping her in a pen so your dog can get used to her may help.That way your dog can go and see Annie when it wants to,rather than the puppy chasing after your dog and wanting to play like pups do.
Let her out and introduce them a few times a day.How old is your other dog?This way they get used to each other slowly.:yesyes:

honeybee3939
29-10-07, 17:12
Hi Mooks

I have got a new puppy recently after my older dog died and i didnt realise what hard work it would be and to be honest i was having second thoughts wondering if i had done the right thing.
But now a few weeks later, the new pup as settled in and i just cant imagine now not having her around. Im sure your new pup will soon settle down, it will take a while for your older dog to adjust to the new pup, but im sure things will soon settle down for you hun. I looked after my mothers older dog last weekend and she didnt like my new pup at all, she kept snapping at her because the pup kept jumping on her, the pup soon realised(after been snapped at a lots of times)not to be so boutrous with my mums dog and by the end of the weekend they where fine togeather.

Good luck

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

mooks
29-10-07, 18:51
thanks guys....it wasnt really my idea to get annie so quick....my husband really wanted to...today they seemed to be better even played at one point!!!! I was feeling more posotive...then spoke to a vet who said might not work etc....feel even worse now...what if they cant be left ???? What if my older dog is upset and i dont know it....I dont want any of you to think im being trivial by saying about a new puppy....but since my dads suicide im not good at anything like this i worry things wont work out and my two dogs were my safe routine now ones gone and ones adapting to a new pup im panic stricken things wont work out....like when i work etc or leaving them (we never left our dogs for more than 3 hours)

mooks
29-10-07, 18:54
just to say i as in a panic so phone the vet for reassurance..they didnt really which is why i posted above x