PDA

View Full Version : Maroon patch in stool - HA running wild and about to go on holiday, please help!! :(

WorriedOlive
21-08-20, 10:14
Hi everyone

When I went to the toilet this morning I noticed something red! I had a past habit of obsessing and inspecting my poo which I had managed to control over the past couple of months, but this spooked me so I decided to inspect. The red bit was a bit of tomato but now that I could see it a lot closer than you would usually be able to, I noticed it was 2 tone, some a yellowy brown and some a dark red brown!!! Now I’m totally panicking and it’s bringing back all my Bowel cancer fears!!

I have eaten tomatoes, red olive paste and raspberry jam over the past couple of days, could it have been this? Could the fact the other half was more yellowy made it look a reddish brown in contrast?? It was quite subtle and only noticeable through inspection! I went again straight after due to anxiety and there was no redness at all. It also did not diffuse any redness onto the toilet paper or into the water, and when I wiped there was no redness at all.

I had a sigmoidoscopy in March because of my Bowel cancer fears but that’s all they would agree to give me due to not having any classic symptoms and only being 26. I’ve also had two sets of blood tests for another worry over the past month and I am not anaemic.

I’m supposed to go on holiday tomorrow and now I’m totally overrun with fear!! Please help!!

nomorepanic
21-08-20, 10:27
Yes it will be the food and nothig serious.

Go on holiday and enjoy and don't inspet your poo :ohmy:

NoraB
23-08-20, 08:26
Hi everyone

When I went to the toilet this morning I noticed something red!

I have eaten tomatoes, red olive paste and raspberry jam over the past couple of days, could it have been this?

:yesyes:

Could the fact the other half was more yellowy made it look a reddish brown in contrast??

Food colouring, gluten, carrots and all manner of things can give you yellow bits in ya poo. With a varied diet, it's normal for poo to differ in shades from one day to the next.

I went again straight after due to anxiety and there was no redness at all. It also did not diffuse any redness onto the toilet paper or into the water, and when I wiped there was no redness at all.

That's because you had crapped out the red foods innit.

I had a sigmoidoscopy in March because of my Bowel cancer fears but that’s all they would agree to give me due to not having any classic symptoms and only being 26. I’ve also had two sets of blood tests for another worry over the past month and I am not anaemic.

There concludes the evidence M'lud.

I'm taking it that your sigmoidoscopy was clear? You're not anaemic. There is nothing, whatsoever, to red flag bowel cancer.

Here is what you need to do..

Stop checking your poo.

Unleash. Wipe. Flush. Go. (wash ya hands first, obvs)

P.s, I am not without empathy. I have my poo-checking badge from the Health Anxiety Society. I know what it's like to crap onto toilet paper and stand there poking about in it and having a meltdown at the sight of something red (tomato) and seemingly sinister. I also see (now) how ridiculous it all was...

Enjoy your hols.

pulisa
23-08-20, 08:43
Holidays and being away from your GP can certainly reawaken HA issues..

Flush and Go as Nora says..No doctor would deny you a colonoscopy if they genuinely thought you needed one..and you don't. You're in the clear to enjoy your holiday.

Fishmanpa
23-08-20, 13:40
I have my poo-checking badge from the Health Anxiety Society.

This one?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSkiZ6cO_Yw-5Jak_NX0PvYqgfAAgSmd9fRQA&usqp=CAU

:shades:

Positive thoughts

NoraB
25-08-20, 07:51
This one?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSkiZ6cO_Yw-5Jak_NX0PvYqgfAAgSmd9fRQA&usqp=CAU

:shades:

Positive thoughts

That's the one!:yesyes:

pulisa
25-08-20, 08:18
That badge must come from the Faecal Appreciation Society?! Look at that smile!!:D

In Praise of Poo!

NoraB
25-08-20, 08:32
That badge must come from the Faecal Appreciation Society?! Look at that smile!!:D

In Praise of Poo!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: