PDA

View Full Version : High Tympanic temperature

ChocoOrange
21-08-20, 22:16
Hi guys, been doing well the last few days but my temperature in my ear is a bit higher than usual. I run hot (37.2 average), but at the minute I feel roasting and my temperature is about 37.4-37.6. I'm agoraphobic and none of my family have symptoms of COVID so I can't imagine I've caught it but I'm terrified. Any advice would be nice. Thanks

ChocoOrange
22-08-20, 05:19
I'm lying here at 5am crying. I don't wanna be like this anymore :(. Also is it possible fevers come and go in the span of hours? My temps went from 37.6, to 37.2 to 36.4 tonight. Would a fever just go away cos I'm now lying in bed? I haven't slept yet or tried to

BlueIris
22-08-20, 08:01
Why were you taking your temperature? Did you feel feverish?

NoraB
22-08-20, 09:49
Studies show that there can be discrepancies of up to a degree in either ear. They are known to be inaccurate. Also, anxiety increases metabolism - which raises body temp - as does eating. I never take my temp after a meal. Did you take it after eating?

ChocoOrange
22-08-20, 16:59
Why were you taking your temperature? Did you feel feverish?
I felt a bit warm, but I do have a bad habit of checking my temperature far too much.

Studies show that there can be discrepancies of up to a degree in either ear. They are known to be inaccurate. Also, anxiety increases metabolism - which raises body temp - as does eating. I never take my temp after a meal. Did you take it after eating?
Nah it was before eating, about an hour or two after I'd woken up. When I was still in bed it was still in the 36's. It was also in 36's today when I woke up

Fishmanpa
22-08-20, 18:45
May I ask why you're self checking and monitoring your temperature? Is this by doctors orders?

Positive thoughts

ChocoOrange
22-08-20, 18:47
It isn't :(. I'm just really worried about COVID, it's a very bad checking habit I have atm

BlueIris
22-08-20, 18:52
You need to try and knock it on the head.

ChocoOrange
22-08-20, 20:43
Im trying. Ive just got a letter that I'll be getting virtual CBT soon from the NHS so hopefully that helps me out