PDA

View Full Version : Memory/concentration issues, irritability. Im scared its either vCJD or brain tumor.

NervousSubject
22-08-20, 00:08
It just seems like I'm losing it.....Sometimes I forget really stupid stuff and I'm not fully focused on things like I used to. I work in a meat department in a grocery store and there was a time that I saw calves brains in an italian supermarket in NYC. I cant help but think that a misfolded prion managed to get inside my body and Im going to die a slow and painful death losing my mind of vCJD.

But when I remind myself of how rare human mad cow is, I get worried of something that's slightly more common, brain cancer.

I'm seriously so scared. I cant even enjoy the things I like anymore because I'm so terrified I'm dying. At least with COVID theres a big chance for survival.

NoraB
22-08-20, 10:04
It just seems like I'm losing it.....Sometimes I forget really stupid stuff and I'm not fully focused on things like I used to.

This has been me for the last ten years.

But when I remind myself of how rare human mad cow is, I get worried of something that's slightly more common, brain cancer.

Of the ten common symptoms of brain cancer, I have nine. My last brain scan (last year) not only showed a brain (ha) but no sign of disease.

What you describe is the brain fog which is extremely common with anxiety and the fatigued mind.

I'm seriously so scared. I cant even enjoy the things I like anymore because I'm so terrified I'm dying. At least with COVID theres a big chance for survival.

How does it make you feel to be prisoner to your own catastrophic thoughts? It is stealing precious time and memories from you - time that you will not get back. This was me, and I got fed up with it so I did something about it. Can I ask, what are you doing about your health anxiety? Apart from posting on here?

NervousSubject
27-08-20, 04:05
I dont know...I feel like Im just forgetting things I normally remember, like names of TV show characters...Im so scared its mad cow....

NoraB
27-08-20, 06:35
I dont know...I feel like Im just forgetting things I normally remember, like names of TV show characters...Im so scared its mad cow....

Instead of Googling mad cow disease etc - type this into your search engine..

Brain fog and anxiety.

:winks: