PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Lump under jaw

Lady123
23-08-20, 11:01
What is this?? It’s only on one side, it’s under my jaw closer towards the chin, small moveable, if I push on it it kind of disappears, then I feel it again if I lower my head and relax the muscles. I’m away on holiday and it’s really stressing me out :(

nomorepanic
23-08-20, 12:18
Lymph node/gland

Lady123
23-08-20, 13:21
And the fact that I can feel it should I be worried

Fishmanpa
23-08-20, 13:46
And the fact that I can feel it should I be worried

Short answer NO. We have 500-700 lymph nodes in our bodies. They vary in NORMAL size from a couple on millimetres to 2cm. At any given time, if you poke and prod enough, you can find a few. You're engaging in self checking HA behaviors that no one, under normal circumstances, would ever do.

Positive thoughts

Lady123
30-08-20, 12:25
So I posted a few days ago about a lump under my jaw, Lima bean size and moving.

It’s closer to my chin than ear and I can feel it when the muscles are relaxed.

It’s only on one side and I’m freaking out although trying my best to remain logical.

Please can someone explain without an infection why I can feel it? I don’t even have to go digging to feel it. If this is the enlarged size what is the normal size? Why is it moving about so freely? I’m trying to get it between my fingers but it slips away

nomorepanic
30-08-20, 13:09
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Fishmanpa
30-08-20, 13:18
Please can someone explain without an infection why I can feel it? I

We have 500-700 lymph nodes in our bodies. They vary in NORMAL size from a couple on millimetres to 2cm. At any given time, if you poke and prod enough, you can find a few. You're engaging in self checking HA behaviors that no one, under normal circumstances, would ever do.

Positive thoughts

Lady123
30-08-20, 17:01
Thank you fishmanpa for replying to me again. I get feeling like this, I just canÂ’t get the worry out of my head.

Would you get this checked or should I just leave it the hell alone?

Fishmanpa
30-08-20, 18:04
Would you get this checked or should I just leave it the hell alone?

What would I say? :shades:

Positive thoughts

mark212312
30-08-20, 18:12
I can feel one under my jaw on the right side and have been able to for at least 20 years - dentist told me 9/10 it will respond to tooth/gum infections however minor (especially with the dentists being closed due to Covid did you miss your last hygienist appointment perhaps).

Lady123
30-08-20, 19:30
Thanks fishmanpa :)

Mark, I had a root canal done (well the first half of it) 2 weeks ago. Do you think they could be a reason?

Fishmanpa
30-08-20, 20:17
Thanks fishmanpa :)

Mark, I had a root canal done (well the first half of it) 2 weeks ago. Do you think they could be a reason?

What would I say? :shades:

Positive thoughts

mark212312
30-08-20, 20:27
It’s certainly possible - as others have said enjoy the holiday and point it out to the dentist if it’s still their when you get home.