PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound mouth ulcer/sore sound like a concern - HA going through the roof.

ShaunRyder
31-07-20, 20:29
Tuesday night I was eating dinner and felt a sore top of my mouth, I felt it and could feel a small bump/lump that was sore, the soreness went the next day and but come back on when I ate, since Wednesday night I haven't felt the soreness but can see feel a slight lump, has anyone had anything like this and should I get checked it out?

ShaunRyder
25-08-20, 12:14
I have had this sore in my mouth just below my wisdom tooth for 10 days, the day it came on the gum around tooth felt a little sore but seemed to get better, but on Thursday it got a lot more sore and since its been really worrying me, I have to really open my mouth and pull my cheek away to see a little red sore mark next to my wisdom tooth, it only hurts when eating or when I move my cheek it doesnt hurt when I am not doing anything, but its been 10 days and it is still there and my HA is going mad.

I started using corsodyl mouth wash yesterday which hasn't helped and been using salt water for about 4 days, I have also put salt directly onto the sore and it REALLY stings but is still not healing it up. I keep pushing my cheek in to check the pain level and sometimes it feels not as bad and other times quite sore. I am thinking about booking a dentist appointment as I am so worried but it will cost me about 100 pounds but I am happy to pay to find out what it is.

I am also worried as Thursday and Friday I had a lymph node come up under my jaw which was very sore, it is still there very slightly but gone down and only slightly sore now but I am worried it is cancer that has spread.

What shall I do?

nomorepanic
25-08-20, 12:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

sammiej123
25-08-20, 13:51
This sounds like a normal mouth ulcer and the reason your gland is up is because it is an infection mine does it whenever i get them. As far as i know the time you need to worry is when it is actually painless..

ShaunRyder
25-08-20, 20:43
Hey thank you for the reply, I do normally get ulcers and mouth sores but usually go pretty quickly, this one is staying around longer which is why I'm more worried, but I have been feeling it quite a lot so most likely keep irritating it.

ShaunRyder
26-08-20, 02:13
So I think maybe its not an Ulcer and actually looks more like a gum infection, I googled it and it says if left untreated in can lead to life threatening illness which has now really worried me and I cant afford to get to a dentist just yet. It only hurts when it rubs against my cheek or food hits it, does it sound severe that I should get to a dentist ASAP?

ShaunRyder
26-08-20, 02:47
So I've gone back to cancer worry after reading this

Leukaemia
Swollen gums, bleeding gums, mouth sores, and ulceration in the mouth are all early indicators that point to this life-threatening condition.

Mouth Cancer
The first indication of oral cancer usually starts as a small sore or tender spot that will not heal. It can be on the lips, gums, roof of the mouth, tongue, throat, cheek lining, or any other areas within the mouth

Scass
26-08-20, 07:20
Ulcers can last for 2-3 weeks.
If you keep touching it and rubbing salt into it then it could last longer.
Corsodyl is good, but can also sometimes burn a bit.

I’m not sure what country you live in but there are lots of free dental services available in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaunRyder
26-08-20, 11:28
Ulcers can last for 2-3 weeks.
If you keep touching it and rubbing salt into it then it could last longer.
Corsodyl is good, but can also sometimes burn a bit.

I’m not sure what country you live in but there are lots of free dental services available in the UK.

Hi thank you for the reply, yes I have kept touching and putting salt on it the last 2 days which I am sure is not making it any better, I am going to try my best to stop and leave it today.

Yes I am in the UK, I have rang around some dentists this morning and all fully booked for atleast 3 weeks and not classed as an a emergency.

Do you have other home remedies that could help?

Fishmanpa
26-08-20, 11:34
Do you have other home remedies that could help?

16oz water, 1tsp of salt and 1tbsp of baking soda. Mix well. Rinse your mouth several times a day. That's what the doctors told me to do when my mouth and throat were mush from radiation. If it worked for that it will surely work for you. And stop messing with it!!

Positive thoughts

ShaunRyder
26-08-20, 13:54
16oz water, 1tsp of salt and 1tbsp of baking soda. Mix well. Rinse your mouth several times a day. That's what the doctors told me to do when my mouth and throat were mush from radiation. If it worked for that it will surely work for you. And stop messing with it!!

Positive thoughts

Thanks I will give the salt water a try and I know I have to stop I am trying my best to stop touching today haha

Also I have a question, could teeth grinding and clenched jaw cause this type of thing? about 10-11 days ago this sore came up and that is the same time I was really stressed and worried about a family issue I had going on and I noticed my jaw was clenched and I was grinding my teeth a lot for at least 2-3 days.

ShaunRyder
27-08-20, 11:26
Anxiety is actually the worse it's been today in a long time, I've called in sick at work because I just cant concentrate on anything. Last night I was starting to feel better, the pain was wearing off and felt positive, today I woke up and it felt more sore again and I looked in my mouth and I swear it's bigger! This is day 12 and I'm sure something isn't right with whatever is is on my gum.

The one thing that is keeping my positive is the fact my lymph node got sore under my jaw which I would think means it was fighting off and infection.

Just don't know what to do.

ShaunRyder
27-08-20, 11:29
I don't think it's got any worse pain wise but I swear it looks bigger I swear it's getting deeper into my gum

ShaunRyder
27-08-20, 11:29
Can being anxious make the pain worse? I find it weird it was a lot better last night when I was calmer

Saturday will be 2 weeks is which is why I am so worried

ShaunRyder
27-08-20, 14:48
I really need some advice on what people think or think I should do regarding this sore/ulcer/infection, I haven't been able to concentrate or eat or anything all day and didnt even go into work due to the worry.

This is the 12th day
Its near my wisdom tooth and the tooth has a white line around one side and there is a white bit that feels sore, there is also a red bit that is sore.
Pain is about 4-5/10 but only when it is touched or rubs against my cheek, there is no throbbing pain or anything like that.
I had a lymph node come up last Thursday under my jaw which was really sore which lasted 3-4 days but has now gone.
I can open my mouth fully and most of the time eating is fine unless food get stuck down the side near my cheek.
I keep thinking it is getting deeper when I look in the mirror with a torch and shine it the back of my mouth but i am not 100%.
It feels bit more painful when waking in the morning

Does this sound like something that should be checked ASAP? I cant get a dentist app for atleast 3 weeks, I just dont know what to do, it feels like this is something serious.

ShaunRyder
27-08-20, 21:41
Could keep touching the ulcer with my fingers slow the healing process?

Fishmanpa
27-08-20, 21:54
Could keep touching the ulcer with my fingers slow the healing process?

Dude... the desperation for reassurance is showing :whistles: C'mon, you're stronger than that!

FMP

ShaunRyder
28-08-20, 01:58
Dude... the desperation for reassurance is showing :whistles: C'mon, you're stronger than that!

FMP

I know, it's been 2 years since I've been this bad and I don't know why,I've had hardly any sleep and I've not eaten all day due to the stress and I've even turned to alcohol to try and calm me down which is something I have not done since 2016, the anxiety of this is so bad.

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 12:55
So 2 weeks since it first appeared which had caused my anxiety to go through the roof as if after 2 weeks it hasn't gone could mean cancer according to info on Google.

But the last couple of days I can tough it better with less pain and it seems less red, it probably only hurts when I touch it or I push my cheek down hard, the swollen sore lymph node and also completely gone.

It's taking over my life this week, I have been to work once out of 6 days I was meant to be in, Ive barely eaten due to the worry and I'm meant to be going out tonight to celebrate a friends birthday but I don't think I'll go as there will alcohol and that will make me worry more about mouth cancer.

Scass
29-08-20, 17:05
If it’s starting to feel better then it means it’s starting to heal. It’s on the right track.

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 20:32
If it’s starting to feel better then it means it’s starting to heal. It’s on the right track.

Yes I keep telling myself this, but then sometimes I feel it it feels alot better and other times it feels really sore! I've just cancelled meeting up with friends tonight cause I'm so worried about it, so angry with myself.

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 21:22
Why would it sometimes hardly hurt and sometimes really sting and feel sore???

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 21:30
So I've forced myself to go out and meet friends for a drink but I'm. Struggling to concentrate and keep worrying about this sore, I don't know why it would sometimes be really sore and sometimes feel nearly better

Fishmanpa
29-08-20, 21:58
So I've forced myself to go out and meet friends for a drink but I'm. Struggling to concentrate and keep worrying about this sore, I don't know why it would sometimes be really sore and sometimes feel nearly better

So you're out with your friends and posting on the forum?

Positive thoughts

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 22:25
So you're out with your friends and posting on the forum?

Positive thoughts

Yes, I've been going to the toilet and feeling it the sore and it feels really sore again

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 22:33
I've had two drinks and I've felt it and it feels really sore again, something isn't right.

ShaunRyder
29-08-20, 22:41
Just popped away from friends again and now it feels like it's not as sore..... This is ridiculous.

Fishmanpa
29-08-20, 22:55
This is ridiculous.

Indeed!

FMP

ShaunRyder
30-08-20, 01:35
So I have just got home, had about 3 drinks tonight so i was pretty sensible as I know I do not want to make my anxiety worse.

I met up with my friends at around 9pm and in that hour I felt the sore about twice and it felt sore, I managed to sneak off about an hour later and it only felt sore when I pushed a bit harder at about 10ish it didnt feel as bad, I felt a couple of times during the night and it has felt a little sore but not as sore as it did at 9pm. So I have stayed out and had a catch up with friends and it is now 1:30am but I got home at about 12am and had some food, I have just felt the sore at it feels like 4/10 when pushed on the gum a little bit harder.

I am starting to wright down notes of the pain etc as to when it hurts and when it doesn't hurt to get a better understanding if I have to go to the dentist for tests etc which I have written on my phone.

Scass
30-08-20, 08:25
Maybe just sign up to an nhs dentist?

ShaunRyder
01-09-20, 14:49
So I've decided that I am going to go to the doctors hopefully this week or next, not because of this sore/ulcer but for my HA, I had two good years where I seemed to keep it under control and get over any anxiety and worries pretty quickly regarding my health but the last 6 months maybe longer I have noticed it has slowly been creeping back and the last few weeks have been full blown taken over my life with health obsessions interfering with my job and social life so I've admitted to myself it is time to seek help again and deal with it before it gets worse!

The sore or ulcer has improved dramatically since Sunday and this is because I have kept myself busy and stopped poking it, had a bit of a set back today with poking and made it slightly sore but am telling myself it is all HA related!