PDA

View Full Version : Going through it, looking for community and support

sammystyless
25-08-20, 22:22
This is my first post on here and i’m little bit nervous but hopeful in hearing others experiences and having some support.
I’m 20 years old and lost my job due to Corona Virus. Ever since the virus started I have been experiencing very bad anxiety. I feel like it’s always been here but with all this time alone, I have so much time to pay attention to it. When I get anxious I immediately get chest pains ,( which leads me to think I have Corona or a collapsed lung) my stomach cramps, (which makes me think I have an appendicitis) and I get a choking like feeling which makes me feel like Incan’t breathe. I’ve been doing therapy and talking about it more but every time I start getting better it comes back at full force again leading me into a downward spiral of self diagnosing myself with diseases and not being able to get off my phone and distract myself. I could really use some advice or personal story’s or overcoming health anxiety[emoji3590] I try very hard to be as positive as possible but sometimes I feel so helpless. I’m not longer afraid of asking for help though because I know I am not alone and that always helps to know even if it’s just a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather1234
26-08-20, 13:14
I'm sorry your dealing with this. I have no great words to overcome this. However, I can tell you what your experiencing is common for anxiety. Plus your young, and you've got so much of a future to look forward to. Please dont spend it searching symptoms on your phone. I've been there. Nothing good comes from it. Talking with someone is very good. We all have to chose to move on, from whatever symptoms is bothering. Read the files here. They are very helpful. Take care 🙏🏻💕

Carys
26-08-20, 21:11
Hi there,

Firstly, congratulations on realising it is HA - many people don't get to that point of awareness. Taking ownership of the problem and being proactive are both really important in getting to grips with it. I'm sure there are many who have been set off down this path due to CV, who have never had similar feelings before - however, 'treating' it remains the same. There are Health Anxiety resources listed as 'stickies' at the top of forums (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?29-Health-Anxiety) and at the start of the webpage in 'articles' (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles), but, I think if you are going to use time in doing any reading right now then reading about HA and engaging with some self-help resources are a good use of time and way to start. There are some really good self-help books on the subject too :) I suspect that having time on your hands after the job loss isn't helping matters, and feeling concern and stress about that can make you feel vulnerable and confused.

sammystyless
26-08-20, 21:19
Hi there,

Firstly, congratulations on realising it is HA - many people don't get to that point of awareness. Taking ownership of the problem and being proactive are both really important in getting to grips with it. I'm sure there are many who have been set off down this path due to CV, who have never had similar feelings before - however, 'treating' it remains the same. There are Health Anxiety resources listed as 'stickies' at the top of forums (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?29-Health-Anxiety) and at the start of the webpage in 'articles' (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles), but, I think if you are going to use time in doing any reading right now then reading about HA and engaging with some self-help resources are a good use of time and way to start. There are some really good self-help books on the subject too :) I suspect that having time on your hands after the job loss isn't helping matters, and feeling concern and stress about that can make you feel vulnerable and confused.

hi! thank you. it’s does have me feeling very confused. when i get bored i often just turn to my phone or tv and just sit all day which isn’t good for me. i just don’t have the motivation or desire to push through it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carys
26-08-20, 21:26
Yeah - I think you need force yourself to find some focus. Are you looking for work, or isn't that possible at the moment ? Set yourself a timetable for the day, which breaks the day into outdoor exercise, chores etc etc