PDA

View Full Version : Eyes were/are kinda red. Scared

skyisblue
26-08-20, 08:00
Yesterday, I started feeling a bit off. I think I was feeling warmer than normal, which went away this morning. I woke up today with a bit of a backache and that general feeling of not being 100% myself. My temperature was normal when I was scanned by thermal scanners in the office. I started feeling better after that.

In the afternoon, I went on with my own business and then my colleague said that my eyes were red. When I went to the bathroom, OMG, they were kinda red, but not those that you find on Google. The side of my right eye were a bit pink and my left eye was less pinkish. My vision hasn't changed nor do I feel any pain. But obviously, they were not what my normal eyes would look like.

Now almost after an hour of noticing my eyes, the color seemed to have subsided a bit but there's still some pinkish tinge.

I'm scared it could be high blood pressure as I do get high BP readings esp. at the doctor's office (sometimes I think it's really whitecoat syndrome) as my BP tends to fluctuate between 120/90-140/90 esp. that I have developed a fear of getting my BP monitored!

I just turned 30 years old the other week and I feel like I'm going crazy with all these health issues. I don't think I can look at the mirror again without fearing what I'd see in my eyes.

NoraB
26-08-20, 08:39
I have some allergies which make my eyes red. Tiredness can also cause red eyes, as can necking half a dozen beers or whatever. Also, stress. Loads of things can cause red eyes.. just keep an eye on it. :winks:

skyisblue
26-08-20, 13:08
Thanks, Nora. The redness went away after an hour or so. But fast forward 4 hours now as I type this, the redness on the left side is back, but not as bad as it was a while ago. I did cry a bit because I remembered it was my father's death anniversary today. So I don't know if that caused it, but it's strange as it's only obvious in the right eye. :(

I'm not aware of any allergies. I don't think this has happened before. Sigh.