PDA

View Full Version : Feel bad after exertion

Justanutter
26-08-20, 21:23
Not posted for a good long while. Still an awful HA sufferer but thought I had it under control.Last couple of times I have to towel the dogs down after a shower after their walk, it makes me feel weird, not breathless or tired, just feels like my upper abdomen bloats up then I feel panicky and out f sorts for about half an hour....I’m terrified it’s my heart and I’m about to keel over.I’m under tremendous stress after my lovely Mum went into a home early in the year and now can’t visit which is making me very depressed. There’s no end in sight because of the virus. I’m also coping with her affairs and trying to sort her house out. I’m retired now but its still very hard and upsetting. I’m a low energy person anyway which doesn’t help.Just needed some reassurance as I don’t want to see dr.

ankietyjoe
26-08-20, 22:38
I would say this is relatively 'normal' for the situation you're in right now.

Considering the stress you're under, what you're experiencing could be considered under the umbrella term for what they used to call nervous breakdown and what's now called adrenal fatigue, and it's something I've experienced myself.

For me it would manifest as a sort of upper body 'pressure', my ears would feel full, I could feel my heart beating faster. Almost like on the edge of anxiety all the time. I went through an absurd period of stress about 5 years ago and I recall trying to put a gate up on the stairs because our youngest was one year old then, and by the time I'd done it (just screwing a few brackets into the wall) my entire body was shaking and I needed to lay down. And I used to work on building sites.....

So it's not something I would immediately worry about, but probably worth getting yourself checked over. It could be exacerbated by something as trivial as low iron levels or any of the other things they would do a blood test for, but I can't imagine it's anything immediately dangerous.

Try doing something like meditating a couple of times a day, or at least something that's active relaxation. Sit down, breathe slowly and gently and listen to some calming music etc. Mediation would be better, but anything that calms you. You're 'up' all the time, and you need to come down again. Going for a walk 20-30 minutes per day would help too, if you can build up to that.

NoraB
27-08-20, 07:15
Not posted for a good long while. Still an awful HA sufferer but thought I had it under control.Last couple of times I have to towel the dogs down after a shower after their walk, it makes me feel weird, not breathless or tired, just feels like my upper abdomen bloats up then I feel panicky and out f sorts for about half an hour....I’m terrified it’s my heart and I’m about to keel over.I’m under tremendous stress after my lovely Mum went into a home early in the year and now can’t visit which is making me very depressed. There’s no end in sight because of the virus. I’m also coping with her affairs and trying to sort her house out. I’m retired now but its still very hard and upsetting. I’m a low energy person anyway which doesn’t help.Just needed some reassurance as I don’t want to see dr.

Hey Justanutter (great name lol)

You are going through an incredibly stressful time, and if you are anxiety prone it will kick you up the bum because anxiety is like that. It sounds like nervous tummy to me - in other words IBS. Bloating is the symptom and everything else is anxiety - fear of what it could be - but the likelihood is that it's nothing to worry about. You know what though? My rule of thumb is that I get new symptoms checked out if they haven't buggered off after about a week. I like to make sure that my GP earns that posh car on the carpark.:D In the meantime, try to do some relaxation exercises and some deep breathing. Autumn is coming - the best season there is. Get out with the hounds and enjoy the colour explosion. :yesyes:

Justanutter
27-08-20, 18:59
Thank you both for your responses. I know you can’t diagnose on here but sometimes someone else may have suffered similar and sometimes it just helps to get it written down.Have had so many life stressors since last October, think it’s all catching up with me now, plus this blooming virus situation thrown in for good measure.