PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

minion
27-08-20, 06:45
Hi guys. My health anxiety is out of control! I am really trying but I feel it is getting out of hand. I can’t take medications as the worry of side effects etc will add to my anxiety. I am desperately trying to apply what I have learnt in CBT. But I feel that I am losing control again! Every day I have different health concerns. I hate my brain!

NoraB
27-08-20, 07:23
Hi guys. My health anxiety is out of control! I am really trying but I feel it is getting out of hand. I can’t take medications as the worry of side effects etc will add to my anxiety. I am desperately trying to apply what I have learnt in CBT. But I feel that I am losing control again! Every day I have different health concerns. I hate my brain!

Sorry to hear you're struggling..

Anxiety will cause an endless list of physical symptoms - all of which ramps up HA - unless you have taken on board what you learned in CBT - which you clearly haven't.

What did you learn in CBT?

Don't hate your brain, it's doing it's best for you. It can only work with the thoughts that YOU put there.

carriewriting
27-08-20, 13:04
I hear you minion. I too am afraid of medication and health anxiety is with me all day every day. When I feel overwhelmed by it I use the worksheets my therapist gave me. I forget how much they help when I'm spiralling. If you want to give them a try, google "WA health anxiety resources" I hope they help x

minion
30-08-20, 15:35
Thanks guys! Trying really hard to apply what I have learnt from CBT. But something always happens and I end up losing it! Today (tmi sorry!) my bowels were a bit loose and were very dark brown in colour (nearly black!). Now I am convinced that I have BC. Normally my stools are yellowish (tmi again! Sorry!). So I am running around like a headless chicken and panicking