PDA

View Full Version : Recent HPV fears

Jamie123
27-08-20, 16:29
Recently (past 2 weeks) my HA has been going crazy with a fear of HPV. I have occasional warts on my hands which are there for a few months-a year and then go for the same time. This time they have come back a bit more spread out which has had me concerned as I am (somewhat unrealistically) worried I may spread them to my lower regions which could cause cancer. I have managed to be more calm about this however I am still somewhat worried as I have a pylondial cyst which in some cases can become cancerous and a risk factor is HPV. This afternoon I was showering and afterwards realised I had a hairband on my wrist which had been in the bottom of the sink the day before and as HPV is a stable virus I am worried that water which definitely touched the band then my cyst and backside could cause me HPV from someone in my house who has it orally. I am worried this is now really high risk and an freaking out. There are 5 of us and one has mouth sores (herpes) which is also concerning me a lot :weep:

Fishmanpa
27-08-20, 16:50
HPV and rabies issues all in the last week?... Hope you find your way out of the rabbit hole and feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

O_O
27-08-20, 17:32
Don't worry - the strain of HPV that causes warts on the fingers and feet etc is NOT the same strain that affects the genitals or causes cancer.

Jamie123
30-08-20, 21:47
Yeah and I am sure there will be more to come with my luck:ohmy: Embarrassing I know

Jamie123
30-08-20, 21:48
Thank you I did find this online also but my mind doesn't seem to want to listen

Jamie123
30-08-20, 22:29
So recently I have had issues with a pylondial cyst and HPV which I outlined in my previous thread and due to this I have been using gloves when showering to stop these however today I saw these gloves are vinyl and am panicking as I read some of these types of gloves can leak when used for food and may cause cancer and am now panicking that these particles will leak into the cut and cause cancer due to the heat of the shower. I try to do something to stop the worries but something new always comes out:blush: Also if anyone can give me some reassurance on why this is unlikely I would appreciate it

Fishmanpa
30-08-20, 22:59
I try to do something to stop the worries but something new always comes out:blush: Also if anyone can give me some reassurance on why this is unlikely I would appreciate it

my mind doesn't seem to want to listen

That's quite apparent!

Positive thoughts

Elen
31-08-20, 06:10
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen