PDA

View Full Version : Twinges in upper right abdomen. Spiralling, please help.

Worrywart1234
29-08-20, 09:13
I haven’t had a relapse for awhile, but my anxiety is really bad at the moment.

Years ago, I had a tumour removed off my left adrenal gland and a botched surgery almost killed me. I was told there was a very small something on the right adrenal gland, but nothing needed to be done, just check on it. Ever since, I can hardly bear to touch any part of my abdomen, freak out at any sensation in my abdomen etc.

Well, the last 2 days I have had a few twinges in my upper left abdomen, sort of under the middle of my rib cage. When it happens, my blood runs cold with the twinge and it’s gone after a second. Happened twice today and maybe half a dozen times last night.

I have had a hugely stressful week at work this week, to the point where I’ve been getting stress headaches in the back of my head and keep getting a really urgent sense to go to the toilet - I haven’t had either of those before.

Is it possible that these twinges are anxiety, or has that thing on my right adrenal gland grown and I’m in trouble? When it all happened before, I was getting pain that felt like the same feeling you get when you’re pregnant and a baby is moving around, but it was painful and stopped me in my tracks. Is this the start of that or just anxiety?

I’d really appreciate any advice, because I’m in a bad way, anxiety wise, at the moment.