PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Over Family Visit..

aloy-
29-08-20, 23:42
Hi all,
I’ve been mostly hidden inside since all of this started at the end of March for my state. I’ve had only a few instances where I visited family, most of them out of my control (power was out & needed a place to stay, etc.)
Today, I went to my parent’s to start a load of laundry. I made sure to check that no one was home before I went over, however, my brother arrived right as I was leaving. I tried to stay the 6ft away, but I have really high anxiety right now as I know he’s been a bit naive regarding the virus (he’s younger, so he thinks it isn’t likely he’d get it.) he wears masks to work and such but has been over at his friends’ as well.

I’m now super anxious that he could be asymptomatic or been in contact with someone and spread it to myself and my fiancé. I’ve been really struggling throughout all of this, as I have severe health/death OCD and this has been a huge huge trigger for me. I’m needing some comfort, I guess, I’m terrified we’ll get sick!! I’m frustrated with myself for not leaving as soon as I finished what I was doing. I’m only 23, but I am overweight due to hormone issues, and I see so many things being so dismissive about younger people dying because they’re overweight.