PDA

View Full Version : Nose cancer, sore in nose, I'm panicking

Brunamateus
30-08-20, 15:23
Hi guys, I've been doing so well but now I'm on the verge of panic, I've had this sore inside my nostril for quite awhile now, I would guess 2 months now, I haven't mind it much, and Im not gonna lie I picked on the scab quite alot, and it became quite sore after, but now Im convinced I have nose cancer, I'm so worried guys and upset as I've been doing so well, and I'm Panicking now cause since I left it for that long now it has progressed alot to the point of no return, I have a septum piercing, even though the sore is not near the piercing, and I also have a bit of allergies, could the allergies be drying up my nose? This one has been here for a while and now I want to run to the ER to ease my mind up but I'm trying to stay calm... Im also 23 years old, what are the odds of this happening to me?

Nighttime pacer
31-08-20, 03:40
Hey Brunamateus,
I had a similar thing happen to me a while back. It’s quite common to get a staphylococcus infection in the nose which can cause a sore. Mine used to scab then break and never healed. I got some antibiotic ointment from the doctor and it sorted it out in about 2 weeks. Please go to your doctor as it might just be a staph infection and that’s much more common than nasal cancer. Also, if it is a staph infection, it’s pretty straightforward to treat. Like you I also worried it was cancer.
Take care and go see the doc.