PDA

View Full Version : acid reflux/heartburn

JulieJay92
30-08-20, 16:39
for the last week i have been having horrendous acid reflux for no reason which has caused me to lose my appetite but no weight loss and miss numerous days off work (boss very unhappy)
i really dont know what to do , as im already on omeprazole and dr has prescribed me gaviscon which ive already near used 1/2 the bottle

i dont eat fatty foods, drink caffine but i drink alcohol but nothing in particular seems to make it worse, i had a meal and drinks with friends yesterday and was fine

i have been feeling very stressed out, panic attacks horrendous etc etc

hoping somebody somewhere can give me advice or point me in the right direction as i must be drinking litres of water to no avail

thanks in advance

molly15
24-09-20, 22:22
Hi there i have been suffering acid reflux for the last 5 months and it is truly horrible. It has made my life so miserable. Hopefully yours passes soon.

Fishmanpa
24-09-20, 22:29
I post this all the time... Look at the FODMAP (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) diet. Track what you eat and when as well as any negative reactions. Reduce or eliminate those foods. There are some OTC PPIs like Prilosec, Prevacid etc. as well as chewable remedies and liquid relief.

Positive thoughts