PDA

View Full Version : Would the doctor know?

Worrywart1234
31-08-20, 09:09
I went to the doctor today and told her how my anxiety is out of control. I mentioned the twinges I’ve been feeling and said they were in different spots, but because my anxiety is so bad I don’t know if it’s in my head or not. She has put me on medication and referred me to a psychologist for anxiety - but she never mentioned the twinges as separate to anxiety.
Should I have been more forceful in my description? She knows my medical history, if they were a big problem would she have said so? Or did I not make a big enough deal of it?
I did tell her that when I first got the twinges I thought it might have been the beginning of the end for me, but I also told her that all my anxiety demons live in my stomach - so maybe she didn’t take me seriously?

Fishmanpa
31-08-20, 12:04
maybe she didn’t take me seriously?

You were prescribed meds and referred for professional mental health help. How is that not being taken seriously?

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
31-08-20, 13:40
I think you're confused about the phrase 'all in your head'.

Anxiety isn't a mental condition, it effects everything in your body, and twinges are a common symptom.

If you feel a symptom, it's not your imagination. You're actually experiencing a physical reaction.