PDA

View Full Version : Problems Posting on mobile

Alex
31-08-20, 21:29
If anyone is having a problem replying to posts on a mobile please can they post in this thread (Oh the irony !) details of the device and browser you are using.

Thanks

Alex

BlueIris
01-09-20, 05:53
Hi!

Using Chrome or Firefox on a Huawei Psmart 2019. Around 80% of the time I have to switch to the mobile site to reply because the reply box is greyed out; the other 20% of the time it works okay.

Carnation
01-09-20, 10:56
Same problem as Blue, but have to switch to desktop.
Using a Huawei 8 lite 2017 and think my browser is chrome.
Also games are extremely slow in their performance and sometimes freezes,but that is on my laptop.
The 'Your Threads and Posts' seem to be tucked away underneath new posts on the top far left hand side, once you know it is there.
Also had problems with the Ads at the bottom of the page covering the box for typing and can't find a way of deleting. This also applies when playing the games.
Private messaging also only works if I switch to desktop.

Thanks x

Alex
01-09-20, 21:44
Thank both

Is it any better now? I have made a few tweaks to the way the forum threads are displayed.

Thanks
Alex

MyNameIsTerry
02-09-20, 04:50
Hi Alex, Samsung J5 running the Samsung browser. It happens occasionally for me but started right after you added the sidebar.

I can't test this as I can go weeks without happening in afraid so I'll just have to let you know as and when (hopefully it's sorted).

I raised a thread which tells you how I managed to resolve it each time.

The resizing issue still happens though (page opens correct size then changes to one That doesn't fit) That also started when the release including the sidebar came out. Minor issue

BlueIris
02-09-20, 05:26
Sorry, Alex, had to switch to mobile mode to post this.

Carnation
02-09-20, 10:30
Same for me Alex. In Desktop mode to reply to you.
I haven't tested the other things yet but will let you know.

Alex
02-09-20, 12:38
Thanks all I will see if I can find an Android phone to test it all on

Carnation
03-09-20, 11:32
Thanks Alex.
Adverts at the bottom of the page keep getting in the way when typing a message. You know when you move it to check for spelling mistakes or rereading, the advert moves too and covers the box making it awkward to read.
If you click to rid, it doesn't clear.
Don't know if anyone else has this problem?

MyNameIsTerry
08-09-20, 05:06
Thanks Alex.
Adverts at the bottom of the page keep getting in the way when typing a message. You know when you move it to check for spelling mistakes or rereading, the advert moves too and covers the box making it awkward to read.
If you click to rid, it doesn't clear.
Don't know if anyone else has this problem?

If I click to type or go into advanced to do it the ad would cover the typing box. It's one reason I used to turn my Javascript off along with the slow down issues causing miss clicking on the wrong threads.

These days I use an ad blocker which sorts it all out.

MyNameIsTerry
16-09-20, 22:16
I've had this problem again today. I haven't cleared it yet (log into mobile and back to full fat forum) on my Samsung J5 (using my laptop at the moment).

MyNameIsTerry
30-09-20, 06:42
Grey box of death again just now. Cleared it the same way.

Also, something I think Carnation raised was the ads getting in the way of text when posting. I've got an ad blocker installed but I can barely access the text box (just the top line) when on landscape as it's covered by a transparent box all across the screen.

Stace1990
07-10-20, 15:58
I'm unable to post anything on forums.
Using Samsung galaxy s7

Stace1990
07-10-20, 16:00
Just getting a grey box where you text :shrug:

nomorepanic
08-10-20, 09:49
Alex has been unable to replicate it but I will let him know.

MyNameIsTerry
12-10-20, 05:37
Just happened again. Same solution.

And the transparent ad banner is currently on again.

Nic, you mentioned somewhere about not having to keep accepting cookies. I've been having that for sometime too. Sometimes it's more frequent than others. Just had to do it switching styles.

MyNameIsTerry
12-10-20, 05:38
Just getting a grey box where you text :shrug:

You can't. Change the forum viewing style and then back again e.g. I change from full site to mobile then back again. Fixes it's 9 times out of 10.

venusbluejeans
12-10-20, 22:03
Nic, you mentioned somewhere about not having to keep accepting cookies.

It should ask you every so often

nomorepanic
13-10-20, 11:47
That is something to do with you not allowing cookies I would think.

Alex is looking at a new mobile theme for the forum but we do have to pay for it so we will look into it.

MyNameIsTerry
16-10-20, 04:15
It should ask you every so often

3rd time I've had to do it this week.

You might also want to look at the pop up box as it won't scroll. So when I'm in landscape I can't use it as only the page beneath scrolls. I can get to the buttons if I rotate to landscape. Just a niggle worth knowing about as loads of sites have this problem. Some sites are do bad you can't access the accept button in either view do become unusable on some screens.

MyNameIsTerry
16-10-20, 04:16
That is something to do with you not allowing cookies I would think.

Alex is looking at a new mobile theme for the forum but we do have to pay for it so we will look into it.

Not for, Nic. I accept them every time. I haven't cleared anything for ages either.

Good luck with the new mobile format. I thought the current one was ok?

MyNameIsTerry
02-11-20, 02:29
Grey box of death appearing on some pages but not others tonight.

MyNameIsTerry
08-11-20, 00:11
Grey box of death appearing on some pages but not others tonight.

Doing it again tonight.

nomorepanic
13-11-20, 11:03
I have had it a couple of times on mobile but I generally use the laptop.

Alex said can you do a screen shot when it happens again as he can't picture what we mean. Ta.

Scass
07-10-22, 05:32
I’ve been having problems for a few weeks with Tapatalk & posting on my phone. The site slooooooows down so much that looking at maybe 3 threads is my limit before I’ll just get thrown out of the site. I can barely reply to anything because it takes a few seconds for each letter to appear after typing it.

Today isn’t terrible, I’ve been able to browse & was only chucked out once, but does anyone know anything that might help?

Lencoboy
07-10-22, 08:15
Recently when viewing this forum on my phone, I have been randomly assaulted by another site (connected with Google, I think) telling me I've been selected as a winner of a Dyson Cyclone vacuum cleaner; A, which I don't even need right now as we already have a perfectly good Henry, and B, I never even entered any 'competitions' in the first place. The thing takes over the whole page with its own website address with a will of its own. Could very well be some dodgy scam.

I don't seem to have such issues when viewing/posting on this site via my laptop, which is now far more reliable online since we switched to 5G a couple of weeks back, whereas previously it kept conking out whilst online!

MyNameIsTerry
09-10-22, 07:12
I’ve been having problems for a few weeks with Tapatalk & posting on my phone. The site slooooooows down so much that looking at maybe 3 threads is my limit before I’ll just get thrown out of the site. I can barely reply to anything because it takes a few seconds for each letter to appear after typing it.

Today isn’t terrible, I’ve been able to browse & was only chucked out once, but does anyone know anything that might help?

Scass, I had speed/loading issues since the upgraded the forum due to the ads. I had to install an adblocker to sort it out. If you don't have an adblocker I don't know whether that might help.

You could try clearing your cookies. I've had pages on other sites that wouldn't work until I cleared them out.

MyNameIsTerry
09-10-22, 07:15
Recently when viewing this forum on my phone, I have been randomly assaulted by another site (connected with Google, I think) telling me I've been selected as a winner of a Dyson Cyclone vacuum cleaner; A, which I don't even need right now as we already have a perfectly good Henry, and B, I never even entered any 'competitions' in the first place. The thing takes over the whole page with its own website address with a will of its own. Could very well be some dodgy scam.

I don't seem to have such issues when viewing/posting on this site via my laptop, which is now far more reliable online since we switched to 5G a couple of weeks back, whereas previously it kept conking out whilst online!

They've been around a while. Usually it's an IPhone or a sum of money. If you are really unlucky you might get one that disables your browser so you can't shut the tab or even pick another. Even closing and reopening it just gets stuck on that tab again so you have to be really quick to close the tab as the browser is reloading.

They remind me of the send your money to x country scams.

Lencoboy
09-10-22, 19:02
They've been around a while. Usually it's an IPhone or a sum of money. If you are really unlucky you might get one that disables your browser so you can't shut the tab or even pick another. Even closing and reopening it just gets stuck on that tab again so you have to be really quick to close the tab as the browser is reloading.

They remind me of the send your money to x country scams.

I find it all mega annoying, and indeed a real hindrance.