PDA

View Full Version : Forehead lumps are stressing me out

ImObsessedWithGlee
01-09-20, 21:06
I haven’t posted in so long but my health anxiety has unfortunately not left me. I’m so concerned about some bumps I found on my forehead when I was rubbing it. Initially noticed it about 3 months ago but didn’t think anything of it at the time. Feels like they are on the bone of the forehead. Not sightly and don’t hurt at all (until I spent the entire day today rubbing one 😐).

I’ve been seeing a therapist the last two years in regards to my health anxiety and it had helped so much. I know stress triggers it and to say I’m going through the most stressful period of my life so far is an understatement. Both my grandad and my aunt are going through the process of being diagnosed with cancer (skin cancer for my grandad, breast cancer for my aunt), on top of all this virus crap - I don’t know how I’m even coping.

I have a doctors appointment on Friday so might mention to her about the lumps then. I’m so exhausted from all the worrying, all because I can’t find a way to cope with my stress, it honestly sucks so much. Hope you are all keeping safe and doing ok 👍🏻

ShaunRyder
01-09-20, 21:33
Hey there

Really sorry to hear what you are going through, you can always come to these forums if you need a chat or support. You mentioned you don't know how you are even coping but it's obvious you are coping because you are strong, you are going through a tough time but you are still getting up and fighting it so you should be proud of yourself!

Regarding the lumps I'm not 100% sure what you mean but I have just rubbed my hand over my forehead and I can feel quite a few small bumps, I think they are just part of the head, the skull is a very very bumpy place!

ImObsessedWithGlee
02-09-20, 08:24
Thanks very much for your response, it did bring a tear to my eye in good way �� I do think I’ll probably be on here a lot more frequently, even just writing my initial post was so therapeutic and it’s nice to know I’m not alone ��

Yeah I know the lumps are 100% nothing to be worried about, it’s just the anxiety talking but unfortunately it gets its way some of the time. Hope you are keeping well ��