PDA

View Full Version : Had a panic attack and still feeling physical symptoms in my chest days later.

scaredpt
02-09-20, 14:11
I had a really bad panic attack out of nowhere on Saturday. It lasted probably 30 minutes and it was so bad i was thinking of going to the hospital.

After, I’ve felt the physical symptoms of anxiety since then. My chest has felt tight and I feel breathless and have had chest pain. I had a normal EKG two months ago so I think it probably is anxiety but is it normal for physical symptoms to last this long?

nomorepanic
02-09-20, 14:23
Oh yes absolutely.

There is no point going to hospital though as there isn't much they can do.

Have a read of the NMP article about panic attacks - there is loads of advice on there.

GingerFish
04-09-20, 15:23
Omg yes! The left over tension from a panic attack or high state of stress can stay in my chest and especially my upper back for days or even weeks. It can be sore to move, lie down, touch etc. I know how scary it can feel but the more you focus on it, the more tension you will add and the longer it will stay. Easier said than done, I know. I always find a bath and then pain numbing gel used for sprains helps me.