PDA

View Full Version : Citalapram Benefits..

madamgg
26-10-07, 09:57
Hi
I've been on Citalapram for 2 weeks now and just wondering for most people when do you really start to see the benefits.
Am having lots of negative thoughts and thinking the drugs won't work for me.
Thanks

Dying_Swan
26-10-07, 11:00
Hi MadamGG.

They usually say you need to give it at least 6 weeks to get into your system properly.

Keep in regular contact with your GP at the moment - it is important that they monitor how you are getting on with it :)

xxx

Nick81
29-10-07, 22:19
Hi,
I dont think i noticed any real benefit for about 6 - 8 weeks. I also needed to address other 'triggers' at the same time too.

roziexwx
29-10-07, 22:41
hi,have been on 20mgs of citalopram for 5 weeks now and they are only just kicking in,i also thought they were not going to work when lo and behold i feel a little better,have just changed to taking them in the morning,and this is the 4th day,had lots of side effects and these are gradually fading.hope this helps,hang on in there!:)

madamgg
30-10-07, 08:34
Thank you all, that really helps.
x

hopeful
30-10-07, 10:23
Hi, Ive been taking citalopram starting on 10mg then 15mg and now 20mg,began them 5 weeks ago.I've had loads of side effects too but I'm glad I've stuck with them as I'm feeling a lot better than when I started them.I was prescribed them for anxiety and panic and Im finding it easier to control my thoughts/feelings.I think its a progressive improvement so hang on in there.I've only been on 20mg for 10 days so far so Im hoping to improve further.I've noticed that I've stopped listening to my relaxation cd and not been doing my online cbt course very often.I will start doing them again though cos I know the meds only mask the symptoms.I wish I could stay on the meds though cos at the moment I feel better than I have for the last 3 years.
I wish you luck and hope they kick in soon.
julie x

madamgg
30-10-07, 15:01
thank you julie. I'm trying to be patient! I started on 20mg but was too strong intially so went down to 10 for a week then up to 15 and now 20 so i'm thinking all that buggering about with the dose has prob slowed the effects??