PDA

View Full Version : Stress making me think this chest pain is a tumour

ImObsessedWithGlee
06-09-20, 21:11
Hey everyone, second post here in a week (I think?). Went to the doctor on Friday about the forehead lumps I had found in the last post and was told they were nothing to be concerned about (relief!). Was unfortunately sent to the hospital with suspect appendicitis but luckily an ultrasound showed it wasn’t. I was severely dehydrated though and kept in on fluids but all good otherwise.

The stress of this (among all other things) though now has me worrying about this chest pain I’ve been having since March. I stated taking roaccutane which can cause costochondritis around the same time so I know they are related. However, my anxiety likes to tell me otherwise.

I’m absolutely terrified the pain is being caused by a tumor (even though it’s not). My sternum hurts to press on it when I’m leaning forward or in other positions and it hasn’t even been that bad lately but my mind likes to tell me it’s dangerous and going to kill me 😭

This anxiety absolutely sucks, I wish I could find a way to deal with my stress better so that it wouldn’t be spilling over into this health anxiety 😭

NoraB
07-09-20, 08:32
but my mind likes to tell me it’s dangerous and going to kill me 

Irrational Mind Gremlin: Aha! Chest pain! You know what this means! Tumour. Dead by Christmas! What do you think about that then? *evil cackle*

You've already answered what it the most likely cause. I have it too btw, and it's not pleasant. Ever seen The Gremlins? And what happens when they're fed after midnight? They wreck your house and hang off your ceiling fans.

DO NOT FEED THE GREMLIN! (after midnight or any other time)

Or how about Kevin McAllister (Home Alone) when he finally confronts that veeeeery scary boiler in the basement?

"Shut up"

He tells the scary imaginary boiler monster to shut up, and it does because it knows that his power over our Kev is lost.

So tell your scary HA to shut up. Make it small, and your fear will get smaller too.:yesyes: