PDA

View Full Version : Sorry i not been around much lately

whispershadow
07-09-20, 14:17
Short version is Tigger got bit in the leg pretty bad by another cat (suspect: black cat who likes coming into the garden to look for a fight) Tigger wanted to be friends with him and what i think happened was Tigger went up to him to ask to be friends, he lashed out at her, she turned to run and he bit her back leg pretty bad, the vet said its a pretty bad bite and its literally in her hock (which i think is the knee)

She's on painkillers now and its also supposed to help prevent infection but i am worried cause it doesnt appear to be getting any better, she's still limping pretty bad on the stairs and the night before last she was very reluctant to fully weight bear on the affected leg. The vet said it is not broke though (her leg), its only been a few days so its a waiting game now to see if the medication starts to help her leg heal up. If not she will have to go back in for a xray.

Carnation
07-09-20, 17:32
Aww whisper :hugs:
It will take a while to heal. I presume the antibiotics are 5-7 days. So just keep an eye on it, but I know you'll do that anyway. Warm, (boiled and left to cool) salt water on the wound will not do any harm, but not too much salt. x

venusbluejeans
07-09-20, 18:31
Get well soon Tigger :)

whispershadow
07-09-20, 19:09
I'm fearing the medication from the vet is making her worse, she's quieter than normal and her limp seems to be getting worse and she was visibly in pain this afternoon, breathing quickly almost panting, i sent in a request for another appointment, trying for Saturday for her cause i have saturday off :(

Carnation
07-09-20, 19:28
The antibiotics will be making Tigger drowsy Whisper. But she needs them to clear any infection, if she has one. xx

whispershadow
07-09-20, 19:36
The antibiotics will be making Tigger drowsy Whisper. But she needs them to clear any infection, if she has one. xx

But should they be making her leg pain worse though? thats what i'm fearing cause she was almost panting this afternoon, breathing quickly :(

pulisa
07-09-20, 20:47
Is she mouth- breathing? Can you speak to an out of hours vet for advice on the phone?

whispershadow
07-09-20, 21:15
Is she mouth- breathing? Can you speak to an out of hours vet for advice on the phone?

she was breathing through her nose quite fast, her breathing settled again after a matter of seconds though, she'll do that for a few seconds then she'll go back to normal, its like she's having flare ups of pain in her leg not like she's having breathing trouble or anything

Carnation
07-09-20, 22:30
Phone the vets in the morning if you are concerned whisper, but if her breathing returns to normal quite quickly, then I'm sure she's ok. Could even be the antibiotics or becoming anxious over her injury.
Cats recover well from scraps and heal quickly.
Always good to get a second opinion to put your mind at rest xx

MRS STRESS ED
07-09-20, 23:23
sorry to hear about little Tigger bless, my mum always says when you take antibiotics it takes alittle while to start working, hopefully in a few days Tigger will been happy and well again xx take care Whisper and little tigs xx

MyNameIsTerry
07-09-20, 23:46
Get well soon, Tigger x

As said, the painkillers make them drowsy. It does that to my dog. It could also be that she has had a bit of a shock and is feeling a bit worried right now.

But worth ringing the vet if you have concerns. I find them always very helpful and willing to see my dog, very different to the human experience with a GP.

whispershadow
08-09-20, 10:18
Vet has said to see how she is on Friday and if she still seeming to be in pain on Friday then they will see when they can fit her in

I can't lose her 😿

Carnation
08-09-20, 10:57
Now, don't start thinking like that whisper. Trigger needs your strength and positivity.
The vet deals with this sort of thing all the time and is obviously not concerned of any danger otherwise they wouldn't say 'leave it til Friday '.
I know you will be a great nurse to Tigger, she couldn't be in better hands. Have faith! :hugs:x

MRS STRESS ED
08-09-20, 12:55
Vet has said to see how she is on Friday and if she still seeming to be in pain on Friday then they will see when they can fit her in

I can't lose her 😿

Oh bless you don't think like that stay positive us animal lovers totally understand your concerns, give the antibiotics time to work xx get well soon Tigger xx

whispershadow
08-09-20, 15:44
Vet is happy to see her on Saturday

whispershadow
09-09-20, 20:36
Getting scared now that the cat biting her injected maggots into her leg

could this happen? :(

Carnation
09-09-20, 21:18
No whisper. It will just be a wound that antibiotics will heal. x

Carnation
11-09-20, 13:01
How's Tigger doing whisper? x

whispershadow
11-09-20, 13:24
How's Tigger doing whisper? x

Tigger still having flare ups of pain, she started to jump again which I trying not to let her do just until she been to the vet

Trying to get her to stop jumping is like trying to stop a bird from flying 😻

Carnation
11-09-20, 13:35
That's a good sign whisper :)
Not long now before you see the vet.
You've done really well getting the this week. x

Carnation
12-09-20, 17:55
How did you get on at the vets whisper? x

whispershadow
12-09-20, 18:11
Vet agreed that Tigger's leg is still very sore, she was very wriggly and struggly (is struggly even a word? idk) about having her leg handled by the vet

She's got to stay on the pain medication anti whatsit stuff the vet put her on for the time being just while it heals (it is slowly healing, vet said)

Tigger was just wriggly, not "malicious" to use the word the vet used

can cats be malicious towards vets? idk

WiredIncorrectly
12-09-20, 18:22
Wishing Tigger well Whisper.

Cat are the funniest most passionate creatures. I've always owned once throughout life. They go missing so we only keep our cats indoor now. The foxes come out the woods at night and will hunt them. It's not uncommon to hear a fox scrapping with a cat out on the road. The noise they make is jarring.

Cat's can be naughty when they want to be. All of my cats have had this trait. One of my favorite cats I've had is actually this one. He doesn't like being stroked unless he comes to you for a stroke. Try to stroke him any other time and he'll just get up and walk off. But when everybody is asleep and I'm up early AM he always comes up to me and touches his nose on mine, then lays right next to me. But he's naughty. While everybody wants to sleep he will run around the house bouncing off the walls, knocking everything over. If I try to chase him or pick him up during this he'll scratch me and run off. Then almost instantly comes back to say sorry before doing the same thing again. Now I just have fun chasing him around the house. He loves it.

I want to build him a space in the garden. Sucks I can't just allow him out to roam.

My sphinx was fascinating. They have monkey like personalities, and with them having no fur at night time they will lie under the blanket using your legs as a hot water bottle. Their high protein diets mean their poop is extra potent though :roflmao:. My neighbor gave him chicken once and every day he'd try his hardest to escape to sit next door and meow like crazy very loud until the neigbor gave him something. I told her not to do this because he was having diarrhea and pooping everywhere. She didn't stop. I gave him to a disabled lady who owned sphinxes because my neighbor was making him ill. She was an old lady and meant well but didn't understand what impact it was having on the cat's health.

I'd get random people knocking my door asking why there's a cat screaming behind my house wondering if I'm abusing animals. I'd invite them around to show them what he was doing. Sat outside next doors patio making a racket.

He's still alive doing well 5 years later.

Carnation
12-09-20, 22:52
Sounds like Tigger is going to be ok whisper :) x

whispershadow
17-09-20, 14:56
This morning Tigger decided she has had enough of resting her bad leg, she was jumping fences this morning 😱

whispershadow
05-10-20, 09:52
Update: she spent 2 days at the vets, had a operation (her knee cap was crunching around dislocationing and putting itself back, vet said) she home now but I having problems getting her to eat again, she had a little bit of food yesterday but refused this morning so cannot have her pain meds today unless she eats, I about to try phone vet again but I at work so if I can't get through I will have to phone back later I cannot stay for long on hold

whispershadow
13-10-20, 10:49
Another update: Tigger is gradually recovering but is determined to "kill" the cone she has to wear, the bandage she had on is off now, she is refusing to allow the surgery wound to be covered up and is determined to bite the stitches. Vet is aware and is getting her a new cone in, she is seeing the vet again on saturday.

Carnation
13-10-20, 13:18
Sending lots of love to you and Tigger :hugs::hugs:

whispershadow
14-10-20, 00:31
Sending lots of love to you and Tigger :hugs::hugs:

thanks Carn :hugs: