PDA

View Full Version : Rabies once again

sleeplessinsoutheast
08-09-20, 11:58
Hi all,

Well it's come back, I was out walking in my village picking blackberries and a dog exploded out of someone's front door and came hurtling at me, barking and running. It circled me barking for a while before jumping up and barking in my face. It was chased off by someone before its owner dragged it away (I had legged it at this point). Terrified it had rabies and some of its saliva got into the open cuts on my hand (from the brambles) and I'm going to die a messy death.

I know we get these threads all the time, and there is no rabies in the uk etc etc but what if it was an unregistered dog from abroad that never got the vaccine? I haven't slept at all and my work are asking questions as to why I'm slow today.

Any help from you lovely folks would be appreciated to at least stop the spiral.

thanks

Fishmanpa
08-09-20, 12:01
The reality is much different than the anxious musings of the dragon. There are no "buts" or "what ifs" here and deep down you know it.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
08-09-20, 12:02
Seriously, no, it's not happening. You're just as likely to win the lottery without buying a ticket.

Are you getting professional help for your anxiety?

nomorepanic
08-09-20, 12:02
Re-read this...

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?223799-So-you-think-you-have-Rabies