PDA

View Full Version : Ate undercooked chicken burger

emmc
10-09-20, 17:55
I just realised my burger was undercooked after eating it all and only realising when I looked at the second one. The packet said cook for 14-16 minutes so I did 20 but I must of not had the heat high enough as I was eating it and thought it was rather soft but I had cooked it long enough then noticed the texture in the middle was way different and mushy like when it was in the packet but I’d already eaten one . It was hard to tell wirh colour because hey had something in them that made them look kind of orange.How likely is it I will get I’ll tonight? I have a massive fear of being sick now I’m so anxious about it.

boostedcoop
10-09-20, 20:19
Salmonella (worst of the poultry bacteria) poisoning is much more rare than most people realize. Something like an average of 20 cases per 100,000 people per year. That's what, 0.006%? Salmonella poisoning usually causes symptoms within 6 hours as well. So if you're outside of that, I'd say you don't have much to worry about at all.

emmc
10-09-20, 21:57
Salmonella (worst of the poultry bacteria) poisoning is much more rare than most people realize. Something like an average of 20 cases per 100,000 people per year. That's what, 0.006%? Salmonella poisoning usually causes symptoms within 6 hours as well. So if you're outside of that, I'd say you don't have much to worry about at all.
It hasn’t been 6 hours but I just don’t want to be sick in general I’m worrying so much I’m making myself feel sick