PDA

View Full Version : People just don't care.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 11:35
I'm getting very angry now. My partner has just took her and our son out with a friend shopping. My son is still symptomatic, still coughing like crazy, and we have no idea if this is COVID or just a flu. The area is one of the worst in the UK at the moment and his school is closed Monday. Birmingham is on lockdown Monday.

I said to her "He shouldn't be going out" her response "Oh give it a rest".

I've had enough of this. All around me people don't give a f***ing crap about this COVID stuff and my partner is one of the people who is causing the problems we have today.

My depression has bottomed out. I feel like I don't want to live in this any longer. It's never going to end.

MRS STRESS ED
11-09-20, 12:58
Well that attitude doesn't surprise me really, don't forget some people think its been made up 🙄 well the wouldn't think that if they had it,

its shows the lack of respect some people have to the seriousness of covid let alone dragging her poor son out shocking,

my advice to you just carry what you're doing keep you and your family safe, because unfortunately you won't change narrow minded people like that who don't care for anyone but themselves xx

you take care xx

DaisyFay
11-09-20, 13:07
It will end.
I don’t know when or how, but it will end.
Everything does.
Look at every other outbreak in history, even without vaccines.
Life will not be like this forever.
Our lives are a blip of time in the grand scheme of things and there has never been something that hasn’t ended. And what feels like a long time to us, really isn’t.

I’ve tested positive for covid and I was frustrated as I have been SO careful. Whereas I watch my neighbours having parties and none of them are sick. I watch my children’s school telling parents we must send children with cold and flu symptoms still as Coronavirus would be a fever, cough and loss of taste. That is not true and it is dangerous to send sick children if they don’t have all three symptoms. I’ve lost friends who have got fed up with me while I was isolating and disagreed with people more times than I count.

You have every right to be frustrated and fed up.

We’re all suffering in a pandemic. I’m suffering anxiety and my sociable friends are suffering isolation.. Tensions are high at the moment and everyone has different views.

But, please don’t feel like it’s not going to end. It’s s**t, but it will end.

With regards to your partner, perhaps a conversation to explain that even if SHE isn’t worried, we should show respect to the people who are sick with it, who are at risk and who are fighting it on the frontline. Hopefully she will respect your feelings.

pulisa
11-09-20, 13:49
Thank you for your post, DaisyFay. You are such an asset to this forum.

Fishmanpa
11-09-20, 14:03
"Everything will be Ok in the end... And if its not Ok, its not the end"

-Unknown

Positive thoughts

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 14:32
It will end.
I don’t know when or how, but it will end.
Everything does.
Look at every other outbreak in history, even without vaccines.
Life will not be like this forever.
Our lives are a blip of time in the grand scheme of things and there has never been something that hasn’t ended. And what feels like a long time to us, really isn’t.

I’ve tested positive for covid and I was frustrated as I have been SO careful. Whereas I watch my neighbours having parties and none of them are sick. I watch my children’s school telling parents we must send children with cold and flu symptoms still as Coronavirus would be a fever, cough and loss of taste. That is not true and it is dangerous to send sick children if they don’t have all three symptoms. I’ve lost friends who have got fed up with me while I was isolating and disagreed with people more times than I count.

You have every right to be frustrated and fed up.

We’re all suffering in a pandemic. I’m suffering anxiety and my sociable friends are suffering isolation.. Tensions are high at the moment and everyone has different views.

But, please don’t feel like it’s not going to end. It’s s**t, but it will end.

With regards to your partner, perhaps a conversation to explain that even if SHE isn’t worried, we should show respect to the people who are sick with it, who are at risk and who are fighting it on the frontline. Hopefully she will respect your feelings.

I agree with pulsia. This was a fantastic post. Thank you.

Lencoboy
11-09-20, 15:48
I'm getting very angry now. My partner has just took her and our son out with a friend shopping. My son is still symptomatic, still coughing like crazy, and we have no idea if this is COVID or just a flu. The area is one of the worst in the UK at the moment and his school is closed Monday. Birmingham is on lockdown Monday.

I said to her "He shouldn't be going out" her response "Oh give it a rest".

I've had enough of this. All around me people don't give a f***ing crap about this COVID stuff and my partner is one of the people who is causing the problems we have today.

My depression has bottomed out. I feel like I don't want to live in this any longer. It's never going to end.

And not forgetting those who are still travelling overseas on holiday and moaning about having to quarantine upon return, yet the media and the ritual jet-setters themselves don't seem to give a flying fig. The 'serial pessimist' I know has just returned from a holiday in Spain and gloating about their situation being far better than ours and us being much worse hit than them. I said 'Haven't you been following the news lately? Daily cases in Spain are well ahead of ours', and he said it's our govt making that up in order to downplay our figures, which he is adamant are far worse than both Spain's and France's, and both Spain and France are far better organised than us at managing the pandemic.

Probably the biggest pathological liar I have ever known!!

pulisa
11-09-20, 18:06
It's very hard for those living in a household where there's a complete difference in attitude regarding CV and how "real" the threat actually is.

If you can control your own environment all well and good but it's a whole different matter if you can't and are living on a knife edge..This situation isn't normal and it's not all about "facing your fears". It's about living in fear 24/7 for some.. especially now and no amount of therapy can fix that especially for those who have additional needs such as ASD.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 19:33
We've just had confirmation our next door neighbor has tested positive for COVID. Same symptoms as me and my son had too.

My partners friend is a horrible cow. She's like 55, always moody and horrible to everyone. Anyway, she gets my partner to go with her everywhere. If she needs to go shopping my partner has to go with her. She'll sweeten my partner up by buying her a t-shirt from a charity shop or something. It's mental.

Anyway my partner was meant to go with her friend to her mothers house who is in her 80's. She called her today and said neigbour has tested positive for COVID so she can't go to help her mom tomorrow and needs to self isolate.

Her friend is still trying to talk her into going to her moms with her. My partner has done the right thing but this friend of hers wants to kill off her mother by the sounds of it.

Tried to book my test but there's no walk in places around me. The Government site wanted every damned bit of information possible before it told me there's no testing sites. That's bang out of order they shouldn't harvest you data like that.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 19:38
It's very hard for those living in a household where there's a complete difference in attitude regarding CV and how "real" the threat actually is.

If you can control your own environment all well and good but it's a whole different matter if you can't and are living on a knife edge..This situation isn't normal and it's not all about "facing your fears". It's about living in fear 24/7 for some.. especially now and no amount of therapy can fix that especially for those who have additional needs such as ASD.

Yes Pulsia it's difficult. My brother is a police officer and I told him about this and he said our son shouldn't even be out he should be self isolating and that if he's caught outside with even flu symptoms he can get on the spot fine. I told her this and she sorted of took it onboard.

You know me Pulsia I follow the numbers and what's going on locally and try to be rational to keep not only my family safe, but the older generation who need protecting. Hence why I, or my son, or even my partner for that matter, shouldn't be around people. Even a flu is bad for old folk on a normal day without the added question of "do I have COVID".

My diazepam have ran out because the anxiety recently is real. My panic attacks have sky rocketed. This is going to have some lasting effects you're right.

pulisa
11-09-20, 19:56
We as a family have had terrible lasting effects too. It's amazing how pernicious a virus can be, not just in terms of causing physical illness.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 20:37
We as a family have had terrible lasting effects too. It's amazing how pernicious a virus can be, not just in terms of causing physical illness.

Very true pulisa. I mean some days you can just get on, but other days you're left to ponder the situation. Today's statistics, and now the news of my neighbor, is not a time to run out of medications :roflmao:

The physical illness (if you're fit and well) you can recover from but the mental side of it will always be there because this is a significant part of everybody's life at the moment and COVID will remain as significant as 9/11 in people's minds.

I can't say if I have COVID because I've had no test. Now on hold for past hour to order a home test. But with the neighbor having similar symptoms I've just got this feeling it is. The cough is annoying and I can see why people with respiratory illness would suffer. The rest of it is like a bad flu. The cough is like a bad chest infection. And it seems to hit hard all at once, as opposed to a flu or chest infection which seem to gradually ease into worse symptoms. COVID is like BAM have that. That's IF what I have is COVID.

I can't breath deep at the moment it will set off a coughing fit which still burns a little but nowhere near as bad as the first day. I've got no apatite, but that's because I'm out of a medication.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 22:02
Ok, now her friend has roped her into still helping her mother tomorrow even though she's told her she's been in contact with somebody with COVID.

I'm done caring folks. I can't even care for myself because I'm the same house as somebody who is still willing to put people's life in danger. It's like she can't say no to this lady. Wtf. And what can I do about? Nothing. Just got to accept her decision or argue over it. Neither one is good.

That friend of hers has some major hold over her. The lady has a family she can call on, but she's still roping my partner into it. Because apparently there is nobody else to help.

Is this a dream? So effing surreal.

AntsyVee
11-09-20, 22:34
I have the same thing going on in my family, James. My great uncle died from Covid, and one of my other uncle still won’t take precautions. He says, “Oh _____ was gonna die anyway.” That May have been true, but three other family members got it, and the youngest of them was the sickest. My uncle still just fluffs it off and continues to do whatever he wants.

Gary A
11-09-20, 22:50
As much as I sympathise with your plight, I do feel obliged to remind you that the odds of even becoming ill enough to be hospitalised with Covid-19 is still tremendously low.

I’m not trying to downplay the risks by any means, but as you seem to be spiralling a little here I think a bit of perspective might do you some good.

I’m almost at a point of not blaming folk who want to just get on with it. We all would do well to remember that most of us are on this forum because we have difficulty reasoning things like this out.

Your partner is doing the wrong thing, we all agree, but I see people everywhere right now doing the wrong thing. The vast majority of those “doing the wrong thing” will fritter away into insignificance. Some “wrong things” might just materialise into something more.

We’re living through something that none of us have lived through before, and as much as we all get frustrated, at a certain point we need to realise that we all have our own ways of dealing with things.

A heartfelt chat with your partner, rather than an argument, might do the trick. Remind them of your illness and how their actions affects you. You understand your partner isn’t hitting the panic button, but they must also try to understand how you perceive this situation.

I dunno. I tried wheat beer tonight and it’s got me slightly drunk/philosophical, but I hope you get what I mean. Try to calm yourself a bit, you’re catastrophising here and you need to pull yourself back a little.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-20, 23:24
My frustration isn't with my partner. She has a helpful nature and just wants to help. She got upset about it that she couldn't take her shopping. I think she enjoys the time with her because she has alzhimers and she's one of the people she recognizes. Me and her friend have never got on. She's too sour and we've fallen out in the past.

Yes Gary A, that's why I'm frustrated with all of this. People in general are not taking it seriously from my observations. It's all just surreal right now. A lot of my feelings today are withdrawing from diazepam so I may come off a bit brash. Maybe the real me is meant to be brash and that's just who I am, but the medicated me lets everything just flow by. Those around me tell me to take my meds when I have an opinion on something. It's a curse to be on medications because my mom, my partner, my brother are all the same "Oh its because he hasn't had his meds today". That means I am not valid to have an actual opinion on something because non medicated me will challenge people. Medicated me will not.

jray23
12-09-20, 00:28
I'm sorry to hear you're going through all this, especially while feeling ill! That would drive me absolutely bonkers. It already bothers me so much seeing the laissez-faire attitude a percentage of the public has.

I hope you start feeling better physically and mentally soon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

AntsyVee
12-09-20, 04:00
It's a curse to be on medications because my mom, my partner, my brother are all the same "Oh its because he hasn't had his meds today". That means I am not valid to have an actual opinion on something because non medicated me will challenge people. Medicated me will not.

On the bright side, at least they don't say "She must be on her period" like they do with me :lac:

WiredIncorrectly
12-09-20, 05:53
On the bright side, at least they don't say "She must be on her period" like they do with me :lac:

Ah ha ha! I use that one too :roflmao:

Honestly Vee, women do turn into a hormonal mess during that time. As a man I can see it, telling a woman this during her time of the month is asking to get your head bitten off.

AntsyVee
12-09-20, 06:00
Yeah, we can be hot messes, but you guys also use that as a convenient excuse when you know you really did screw up :p

MyNameIsTerry
12-09-20, 06:33
Ah ha ha! I use that one too :roflmao:

Honestly Vee, women do turn into a hormonal mess during that time. As a man I can see it, telling a woman this during her time of the month is asking to get your head bitten off.

The usual male response to even the thought of "women's problems" being :sofa:

MyNameIsTerry
12-09-20, 06:35
Yeah, we can be hot messes, but you guys also use that as a convenient excuse when you know you really did screw up :p

Like my dad always advises me, from his experience of nearly 60 years of marriage:

"Just admit you were wrong. It doesn't matter if you weren't. Trust me, life will be a lot easier"

:yesyes::roflmao:

NoraB
12-09-20, 07:02
Like my dad always advises me, from his experience of nearly 60 years of marriage:

"Just admit you were wrong. It doesn't matter if you weren't. Trust me, life will be a lot easier"

Somebody needs to tell my husband this. The bugger won't back down - even when I can produce proof!:lac:

BlueIris
12-09-20, 07:27
I always worry when people complain about their significant others; I land up concluding that I must be the difficult one in my relationship ;)

NoraB
12-09-20, 07:41
I always worry when people complain about their significant others; I land up concluding that I must be the difficult one in my relationship ;)

I'm definitely the difficult one, but Hubs has his moments - believe me.

Things would improve enormously in our house if we had separate sleeping areas and bathrooms. As it is, his snoring, sorry, did I say 'snoring? I mean warthog-like-grunting woke me up at 5.30 this morning...:scared15:

Lencoboy
12-09-20, 08:28
Ok, now her friend has roped her into still helping her mother tomorrow even though she's told her she's been in contact with somebody with COVID.

I'm done caring folks. I can't even care for myself because I'm the same house as somebody who is still willing to put people's life in danger. It's like she can't say no to this lady. Wtf. And what can I do about? Nothing. Just got to accept her decision or argue over it. Neither one is good.

That friend of hers has some major hold over her. The lady has a family she can call on, but she's still roping my partner into it. Because apparently there is nobody else to help.

Dare I say it, it sounds like your partner has her head buried in the sand and living in cloud cuckoo land, and her friend even more so.

Really makes my blood boil that people are still so oblivious and don't appear to give a damn about the current situation.

Some people are just so pathetic.

WiredIncorrectly
12-09-20, 10:17

Mate, I've heard this from 2 people who have been married a very long time.

WiredIncorrectly
12-09-20, 10:21
a convenient excuse when you know you really did screw up :p

Flowers always work for this no? :roflmao:

Pamplemousse
12-09-20, 13:35

I really wish I could offer you some sage advice; but I can't. All I can offer is sympathy and understanding of your position via the Internet.

pulisa
12-09-20, 14:19
As much as I sympathise with your plight, I do feel obliged to remind you that the odds of even becoming ill enough to be hospitalised with Covid-19 is still tremendously low.

I’m not trying to downplay the risks by any means, but as you seem to be spiralling a little here I think a bit of perspective might do you some good.

I’m almost at a point of not blaming folk who want to just get on with it. We all would do well to remember that most of us are on this forum because we have difficulty reasoning things like this out.

Your partner is doing the wrong thing, we all agree, but I see people everywhere right now doing the wrong thing. The vast majority of those “doing the wrong thing” will fritter away into insignificance. Some “wrong things” might just materialise into something more.

We’re living through something that none of us have lived through before, and as much as we all get frustrated, at a certain point we need to realise that we all have our own ways of dealing with things.

A heartfelt chat with your partner, rather than an argument, might do the trick. Remind them of your illness and how their actions affects you. You understand your partner isn’t hitting the panic button, but they must also try to understand how you perceive this situation.

I dunno. I tried wheat beer tonight and it’s got me slightly drunk/philosophical, but I hope you get what I mean. Try to calm yourself a bit, you’re catastrophising here and you need to pull yourself back a little.

I think if you can reach some sort of a compromise and stick to it things might be more tolerable..House rules etc..? Visual reminders on the walls?

WiredIncorrectly
12-09-20, 16:56
Finally got out today. I just couldn't hack sitting in this house another day so me and my son went for a walk with the dogs. We ended up taking a wrong turning through the woods and got lost in brambles. We got so deep in that it was a bit of a trek to go backwards so I thought pushing forwards will eventually lead us somewhere; and it did.

I enjoyed it though. I went out convinced I wouldn't make it up the hill to get to the woods, let alone get lost in it. It's a mental reminder that I'm ok.

Regarding my partner I've decided she's able to make her own logical choices. I can advise, but ultimately it's her choice what she decides to do. If anything does happen to anybody as a result of not being safe I'm sure those people will feel awful if the worst happens.

AntsyVee
12-09-20, 19:05
I think you're making the right choice, James. :hugs: