PDA

View Full Version : Back again....this time anxious about Lupus. Photos inside

scared88
12-09-20, 18:36
Hi all, I'm 32 male and for the past year or so I've had red blotch on my cheek bones. Saw a doctor last year about this and he got me some steriod creams and said it wasn't anything to worry about.
The redness comes and goes and isn't the traditional butterfly shape exactly, more focused on the cheekbones, the are that sticks out.
I have no other symptoms like joint pain or swelling.

nomorepanic
12-09-20, 18:37
pictures removed

scared88
12-09-20, 18:38
pictures removed

Are photos not allowed anymore?

nomorepanic
12-09-20, 22:08
Not when asking for a medical diagnosis

Aussie11
13-09-20, 05:36
If you haven't got any other Lupus signs then it's probably very unlikely to be that - there are many things like rosacea etc. that it could be instead. I get a butterfly type red rash intermittently, plus some spots on chin. I've been told rosacea by my doctor, but I also see a Rheumatologist as I have family history of automimmune diseases, have had a slight positive on one of the autoimmune blood tests, and a couple of other symptoms. Even the rheumatologist isn't that concerned at this point whether my rash is in fact due to lupus or not, as I haven't really been having enough symptoms to warrant medication. And ultimately even if someone does get lupus, it is very treatable with medications etc. If it is really bothering you because you don't know what it is, I'd get referred onto a dermatologist to take a look, or ask the doctor for another ointment to put on it to see if that works.

WiseMonkey
13-09-20, 06:19
I have a few symptoms of Lupus and would love it if I got a diagnosis for it, instead of wallowing around in the autoimmune quagmire! I've been tested many times but always sero-negative. I've got friends who have it and they're very active and lead normal lives, it's not the disease it was 30 years ago.