PDA

View Full Version : Would you grass up a neigbour?

WiredIncorrectly
15-09-20, 10:10
With police urging people to grass up neighbors, would you do it?

I wouldn't. Probably because I was raised to not snitch, but more so if people want to risk their health that's their own fault provided they're not risking mine.

whispershadow
15-09-20, 11:47
Nope. Too risky.

Its one thing if the cops themselfs stop in their car while passing by to speak with a neighbour, its quite another thing if the cops show up cause a neighbour called them.

I no longer trust the cops anyways.

Pamplemousse
15-09-20, 12:08
Tempted at times but ultimately, NO.

Besides which, like whispershadow above, I have an innate distrust and dislike of the police.

Scass
15-09-20, 16:05
No, I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
15-09-20, 16:07
No, because I don't want my windows broken or a burning mattress shoved up against my door.

Redsmum
15-09-20, 17:11
No, because I don't want my windows broken or a burning mattress shoved up against my door.

Definitely not, they’re far to boring round here to be doing anything wrong anyway!!

MRS STRESS ED
15-09-20, 17:28
l wouldn't like too as l hate conflict imagine trying to face them everytime you went out, lol l don't go out much anyway that would be it l wouldn't see the light of day again,

l just think leave it to someone else we have enough stress without bringing it to your doorstep

best wishes xx

WiredIncorrectly
15-09-20, 18:19
l wouldn't like too as l hate conflict imagine trying to face them everytime you went out, lol l don't go out much anyway that would be it l wouldn't see the light of day again,

l just think leave it to someone else we have enough stress without bringing it to your doorstep

best wishes xx

I had that problem when I first moved to this house. A neighbor thought we grassed them up to social services. We didn't, but for a good 6 months it was hell. Everybody gets on well now though.

Sparkle1984
15-09-20, 19:45
It depends how bad the transgression is - if a neighbour had 7 people round for dinner instead of 6, then probably not. If they were having a big party with loud music and lots of drunken people being disruptive (especially late at night), that would be a different matter.

Carys
15-09-20, 20:02
Same as Sparkle - yes I would, but under certain circumstances. An obvious large gathering, yes, an extra person, then no.

MRS STRESS ED
15-09-20, 20:09
I had that problem when I first moved to this house. A neighbor thought we grassed them up to social services. We didn't, but for a good 6 months it was hell. Everybody gets on well now though.

That must of been very uncomfortable especially being new there, that's why they probably presumed it was you as they didn't know you, good that it's been resolved though take care xx

AntsyVee
15-09-20, 20:42
I don't usually rat out my neighbors for anything unless 1) They've done it to me, 2) Someone could get seriously hurt, 3) I've already asked them to some doing whatever it is and they still won't stop. Otherwise you want to try to keep things peaceful. It's not good having to live constantly watching over your back to see if someone is gonna get revenge on you.

dorabella
15-09-20, 20:48
What would be the point - makes no difference whether there are 6 or 20 of them - only if it was a mass gathering would I even bother the rozzers. The other problem is that these would be domestic gatherings and the police would be up against the problem of not being able to legally enter people's properties to break them up ... different matter if it is in an open area. I think the 6 was just plucked out of the air with no scientific reasoning behind it. It's really just to encourage people to not gather in large numbers in areas (like private homes) where no record can be made or checked (unlike in a restaurant or pub). And we all know that where an inch is given certain individuals will always thieve a mile.

ErinKC
16-09-20, 02:37
I can't imagine calling the cops on a neighbor unless they were actively trying to murder someone. Too much can go wrong.

Lolalee1
16-09-20, 03:32
Well I have called the cops on the neighbours after hearing screaming and kids crying the mongrel husband was punching the shit out on his wife as his kids looked on,I went over and got the kids and bought them back to my house,this was a few years ago and you know what I would do it again.Domestic Violence is rife especially during these times.

MyNameIsTerry
16-09-20, 05:41
Yes, I live next to Dominic Cummings...:whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
16-09-20, 05:43
Well I have called the cops on the neighbours after hearing screaming and kids crying the mongrel husband was punching the shit out on his wife as his kids looked on,I went over and got the kids and bought them back to my house,this was a few years ago and you know what I would do it again.Domestic Violence is rife especially during these times.

Well done for helping that poor family out, Lola. It's very hard getting in the middle of DV as you end up a target yourself and the police won't help.

I hope that scumbag went to jail and the family are protected from him.

Lolalee1
16-09-20, 10:53
Hi Terry:hugs:The family were moved into a women’s refuge,the police were wonderful.The p rick got a slap on the wrist:mad:and a 12mth good behaviour bond which sucked. If I could have I would have flogged the shit out of him the grub.
I would call the fuzz if I ever hear or see this kind of shit again.

whispershadow
16-09-20, 12:19

Good on you for helping the family, phoning the cops cause of domestic violence is one thing but phoning on them for having too many people around, particularly when they are not disturbing anyone else like where i live, another thing entirely :hugs:

pulisa
16-09-20, 13:13
Yes good for you, Lolalee..Plenty of people would have turned a blind eye.