PDA

View Full Version : Dr. John Campbell. One of our (most underrated) guardians of hope?

Lencoboy
19-09-20, 18:27
I really have a helluva lot of respect and acclaim for this guy from Carlisle, who has most certainly become a mega YouTube star over the past 6 months, but is sadly still overlooked by the mainstream media.

His honest, no-nonsense approach to addressing this pandemic whilst trying not to scaremonger nor politicise it too much, is really admirable.

We certainly need more pros like him, rather than the poxy David Ickes and Bill Gates's of this world, both of whom, and those others of their ilk, seem to get far too much (and unjustified IMO) media attention, whilst in reality, they should be hanging their heads in shame!!

What do others on here think?

NancyW
20-09-20, 04:11
I listen to his updates every night before I go to sleep.

Listen to today's Weekend Global update from minute 26 to 39, it's given me hope all day.

Gary A
20-09-20, 10:46
A good man who tells it like it is. He also doesn’t have a book to sell like that idiot who was being posted on here for long enough.

Pamplemousse
20-09-20, 11:32
A friend of mine is big on various anti-statin preachers, LCHF diet practitioners, diabetes and Covid - the only thing we agree on is the 5G shite and he tries to convert me to their way of thinking - a lot. All of them have one thing in common - they want to sell you something. And the minute someone does that to me, I switch off.

fishman65
20-09-20, 19:38
I really have a helluva lot of respect and acclaim for this guy from Carlisle, who has most certainly become a mega YouTube star over the past 6 months, but is sadly still overlooked by the mainstream media.

His honest, no-nonsense approach to addressing this pandemic whilst trying not to scaremonger nor politicise it too much, is really admirable.

We certainly need more pros like him, rather than the poxy David Ickes and Bill Gates's of this world, both of whom, and those others of their ilk, seem to get far too much (and unjustified IMO) media attention, whilst in reality, they should be hanging their heads in shame!!

What do others on here think?I couldn't agree more Lencoboy. I've been following him since about January/Feb and have missed very few podcasts. He's rational, focused and manages to explain complex biological processes in laymen's terms for idiots like me. An all round good guy, he's my 'go to' covid news source.

dorabella
20-09-20, 22:36
Apart from the common sense advice and explanations he gives, you also get to hear all the news that the MSM doesn't cover - such as on T-cell immunity, herd immunity, vaccine development, and of course news from from the countries that MSM doesn't want to mention such as the interesting situation in Sweden. MSM and the BBC are extremely averse to treating the average layman as if he has a brain or can think for himself .... and they definitely can't bring themselves to give a glimmer of hope to an extremely weary population who has just had about enough of all this nonsense. YouTube has been a go to place for me during these frustrating and doom-laden months - you can hear opinion from all sorts of expert scientists who seem to have been shut out of SAGE.

Lencoboy
08-10-20, 19:29
Dr JC's two most recent videos are very interesting, one today about that mass global petition that is heavily critical of full-on lockdowns (called something like the Barrington Declaration, I think?), which he did a bit of analysis on.

His overall verdict seemed to be that it's a mixed bag, as he can reason with most of its participants' points of view, but his main critique is its lack of verifiable sources.

In the other video he did yesterday he mentioned that had all global travel been more heavily restricted from the start of this year this wretched virus might not have spread around the world like it has, but sadly, it's far too late now, as the genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

pulisa
08-10-20, 20:01
So why mention it now? What's the point?

All these eminent individuals have their viewpoints and theories but what we really need is people to be united in their approach to making the best of life with Covid.

fishman65
08-10-20, 21:02
So why mention it now? What's the point?

All these eminent individuals have their viewpoints and theories but what we really need is people to be united in their approach to making the best of life with Covid.I think he likes to present balanced arguments Pulisa. Airing alternative viewpoints so as not to be overly partisan. These other 'experts' are advocating herd immunity and the only reason I can think of why Dr Campbell has mentioned it is because he believes in preservation of life. As opposed to letting nature 'take its course'.

pulisa
09-10-20, 08:22
I'm all for balanced arguments, Fishman. I suppose I'm just a bit fed up with hearing from all these "experts" when we can't get the basics right .

fishman65
09-10-20, 15:55
I'm all for balanced arguments, Fishman. I suppose I'm just a bit fed up with hearing from all these "experts" when we can't get the basics right .I completely agree Pulisa, the news is such utter doom right now. I felt really good this morning in the garden. I need to stay off the internet.

pulisa
09-10-20, 18:02
Ignorance is bliss in some circumstances and it doesn't look as if the eminent brains can reach any definite conclusions about covid either so I'd enjoy the benefits of being in the garden and give a wide berth to all the opinions and speculation doing the rounds online, Fishman. Do you feel any better or any more reassured researching online anyway?

fishman65
09-10-20, 22:55
I don't feel reassured in the least Pulisa. In fact quite overwhelmed. I was doing well but I just need a break from here I think.

pulisa
10-10-20, 08:20
I think you need to stick to doing things which don't involve Covid research, Fishman? Extra knowledge won't protect you and your family but just being sensible and reasonable about the risks will keep you in a better mental state of health and better prepared to deal with the coming weeks which could well be tough but maybe things won't be quite as bad as the internet/media predicts?

And let's face it...You might as well enjoy Everton's challenge for the title this season!!:D Wipe that smile off Klopp's face?!

Lencoboy
10-10-20, 11:09
I think you need to stick to doing things which don't involve Covid research, Fishman? Extra knowledge won't protect you and your family but just being sensible and reasonable about the risks will keep you in a better mental state of health and better prepared to deal with the coming weeks which could well be tough but maybe things won't be quite as bad as the internet/media predicts?

And let's face it...You might as well enjoy Everton's challenge for the title this season!!:D Wipe that smile off Klopp's face?!

That's exactly what I'm doing Pulisa. I have taken your advice and decided to give the news and general info on all things Covid a wide berth for the time being, unless something drastic suddenly happens for the better (such as the first vaccine finally being made available in the UK, fingers crossed!).

As you quote the age-old expression 'ignorance is bliss', but obviously with minimum naivety and still within reason keeping abreast of the latest developments, whilst at the same time trying not to unnecessarily obsess over them.

In the meantime I shall still be sticking to the very same rules and guidelines and whatever new restrictions that come in over the coming days.

It's also now far more apparent that the 6k-odd cases we had during the initial spring peak were mostly those who were extremely ill and already in hospital prior to their officially being tested positive (and many inadvertently dying of the virus), which also means that many right now (and those who were untested/
undiagnosed earlier in the year) aren't even requiring hospitalisation or even at risk of death, especially providing they stick by all the correct procedures.

It's also important to remember that normal cold and flu bugs are also doing the rounds ATM and haven't disappeared from the face of the earth, or even 'mutated' into Covid.

fishman65
10-10-20, 19:06

And let's face it...You might as well enjoy Everton's challenge for the title this season!!:D Wipe that smile off Klopp's face?!Oh if only Pulisa, but while Everton are sitting pretty right now, its only been four games. The test will come when they lose one, as to whether their recognised inferiority complex kicks in. Meanwhile I can pretend its the mid 80s again. :D

pulisa
10-10-20, 19:46
Oh if only Pulisa, but while Everton are sitting pretty right now, its only been four games. The test will come when they lose one, as to whether their recognised inferiority complex kicks in. Meanwhile I can pretend its the mid 80s again. :D

You've got Ham-ez now and The Scousers got hammered by Villa! Incredible things do happen! I reckon the Toffees will stick to the top 4 provided they steer clear of covid in the city centre.

fishman65
10-10-20, 21:29
You've got Ham-ez now and The Scousers got hammered by Villa! Incredible things do happen! I reckon the Toffees will stick to the top 4 provided they steer clear of covid in the city centre.I will admit to being cautiously optimistic, champions no its too soon, but top 4 a possibility. James Rodriguez was an incredible signing, I never thought they could attract such a high calibre player. But with Moshiri's money and now seemingly letting Anchelotti make the footballing decisions, they look like following Man City and Chelsea. I've always preferred clubs to win trophies on merit rather than riches, but I don't think that can be achieved now sadly.