PDA

View Full Version : general anxiety

sue447
03-02-05, 11:00
hi im sue can anyone relate to me,years ago i had terrible anxiety attacks,i used to wake up in the morning feeling really ill,it lasted about 6 years until i got pregnant with my second child he wasnt planned,i got caught on the pill,anyway i felt really well through my pregnancy,so well infact,we decided to go for another,and i was ok then to,up until recently i started to get a bit panicky at work out of the blue but i sort of controlled it in november last year i got caught pregnant again i was taking the pill at the time i felt even more panicky this time i couldnt control it,on new years eve i started losing the baby,like a fool,i decided to let it happen naturally,a week later,i thought i was hemerraging,i went to the hospital,to be told i wasnt,i was really scared ever since then i keep thinking something awfall is going to happen to me,anyway,im over the loss now but im still going through this anxiety,i keep getting irregular breathing,i even when im not paniking,sometimes i feel like ive got to force myself to breathe properly its hard to explain,and sometimes i feel like im going to stop breathing,its so scarey,the other problem is dizzyness and unsteadyness on my feet,i keep knocking myself,at work, are these feelings normal please help

seh1980
03-02-05, 11:52
hello Sue,

Yes, all your symptoms are very normal for anxiety sufferers. They are just 'symptoms' and they cannot hurt you so you have nothing you be scared of though I know that these symptoms can be very unpleasant. Have you ben to the doctor about it?

Sarah :D

sue447
03-02-05, 11:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hello Sue,

Yes, all your symptoms are very normal for anxiety sufferers. They are just 'symptoms' and they cannot hurt you so you have nothing you be scared of though I know that these symptoms can be very unpleasant. Have you ben to the doctor about it?

Sarah :D

<div align="right">Originally posted by seh1980 - 03 February 2005 : 11:52:26</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

sue447
03-02-05, 12:03
hi sarah thanks for reply i have been to the drs,i had blood tests done for thyroid and kidneys both came back normal,i was given fluoxetine 20mg,but i didnt like the look of side effects,so i havent taken any,i think they would make me feel more anxious

stimpy
03-02-05, 12:39
Oh sue, I'm sorry about the baby. :(
It is a difficult time and only adds to these dreadful symptoms.
Waking up in the morning feeling ill
A feeling something awful is going to happen
Unsteadiness, dizziness
Unusual/laboured/odd breathing patterns ... Yup Classic Anxiety.

Breathing excercises and relaxation will help you a great deal.
Take a look at the nomorepanic help pages - they will give you some great advice on breathing excersises and how to relax.

It can take 2 or 3 goes to find the right medication to suit you.
There are very few medications with no side effects so it is natural to worry. Bad side effects are very rare. You will know in a day or two if the medication is right for you.

20 mg is your starting dose (very low) if all goes well and there are no side effects then it is increased gradually only after a trial period of several weeks.
It can take up to 4 or 5 weeks for the medication to work fully - this is normal.

Remember, the feelings you have are perfectly normal and can be controlled with practice.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Karen
03-02-05, 12:47
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear about the baby and the difficult time you are having.

As the others have said your symptoms are common with anxiety.

Have you been referred for any counselling?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sue447
03-02-05, 13:20
hi karen thanks for reply its reasuring to know im not the only one suffering like this,now i know this, i will try to stop worrying,i dont think ill need to take the medication,purely because i did manage without them years ago,and the symptoms did get much better,even though a few minor ones did stay, but i coped, hopefully ill feel better again soon with the help from you all,i wasnt told anything about councelling,could you point me in the right direction please thankyou

sue447
03-02-05, 13:27
hi liz thanks for reasuring me i thought something was wrong with my lungs, the symptoms seem to come on spontanius,then i start getting anxious is that normal to?

stimpy
03-02-05, 13:30
Yup 100% normal

Nothing to worry about at all.

Diaphram breathing will help control it with practice.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Meg
03-02-05, 14:20
Hi sue,

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

You might want to contact :

Miscarriage Association, Tel 01924 200 799
Scottish Care and Information on Miscarriage, Tel 0141 445 3727
also Foresight, Tel 01483 427 839
also Tommy's Campaign, Tel 020 7260 0188

I agree , I think youll do fine without any meds providing you address the issues you're struggling with.

Yes all the breathing stuff you mention is normal for anxiety.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

razocaine_07
03-02-05, 15:49
hi sue, my family has been touched by 3 miscarriages so i kno what its like to see what its like. Hope you get the help you need at this difficult time

nomorepanic
03-02-05, 19:17
Hi Sue

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage.

You will get loads of support and advice on here so I hope we can be of some help.

Have you seen this page yet - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

There may be something there that helps you.

You may also like to get hold of some Rescue Remedy. It will take the edge off the panic.

Nicola