PDA

View Full Version : Threw out my back - any tips to get to feeling better?

.Poppy.
23-09-20, 14:27
I honestly just bent over today to move something to the side and threw my back out. I am leaving for a hiking trip in a week and am really hoping that I can get to feeling better by then.

I'm putting an ice pack on it and taking Aleve, anything else I could be doing? Thanks!

ankietyjoe
23-09-20, 21:56
Go to see a chiropractor.

Mine is my hero. He's dreamy.

.Poppy.
24-09-20, 14:25
Thank you! I've never been to a chiropractor but my boss had the same advice, so I booked an appointment for this afternoon. Hopefully it's beneficial!

.Poppy.
24-09-20, 22:04
So I went to the chiropractor and I think it helped a little but not terribly much. They pressured me into making an appointment on Monday but I don’t want to go back - any tips on what I can call and say to them to cancel the appointment?

Fishmanpa
24-09-20, 22:23
So I went to the chiropractor and I think it helped a little but not terribly much. They pressured me into making an appointment on Monday but I don’t want to go back - any tips on what I can call and say to them to cancel the appointment?

It really is as simple as calling and cancelling. You still have to take care of yourself. A muscle pull, which it sounds like happened here, is best relieved by rest and heat. OTC remedies like Ben Gay etc. also help.

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
25-09-20, 08:32

"Hi, I'd like to cancel my appointment please".

.Poppy.
25-09-20, 17:39
Thanks both of you! I always feel like I need to justify why I'm doing things - in this case I fudged and said I mixed the dates up and would be out of town on that date. But I managed to do it.

Now back to ice and heat and hopefully improvement :)

Noivous
26-09-20, 23:45
Hi Poppy

Sorry I'm a bit late. Yes ice!! Not sure about heat but definitely ice right away. Works better than anything else I think. Hope you're feeling better soon.

N.