PDA

View Full Version : Working to overcome panic, depression, anxieties

D_Blaze
27-10-07, 01:47
Hi. My name is Sara but I like to go by Blaze. I am 42 and I live in North Dakota, USA. I am a person who struggles with phobias, anxieties, panic attacks, PTSD, cyclothymia, major depression, health anxiety. But hey, none of them are fatal. I have had a physical and also deal with hypothyroid and diabetes. I take Topamax. Trazadone, Prozac, Synthroid, and Metformin. I tried Zoloft but had a really bad psychotic reaction to it. I am so glad to find this site. I'm hoping to make new friends and chat as well as get and give support. Right now am having a real struggle with the nights (dark) and getting or staying asleep. Would love to know what others have found that works for them.

Blaze

"Remember you are a person first. You are not your disease, illness, hangup whatever. It is merely a part of you like a facet on the rare and beautiful diamond you are."

ladygrom
27-10-07, 02:25
hi blaze i to struggle with thyroid probs and health anxiety and dont like the dark nights closing in ,i havnt found any cures for staying asleep tho im awake halve the nite and tired through out the day ,the doc said ive got to get in a routine and get my sleeping pattern back easier said than don tho int it ,you arnt alone you will get loads of support on this site like i have and welcome to nmp .tc elaine x

Krakers
27-10-07, 06:07
Hi D_Blaze - I can only discuss the Trazadone as I have taken them personally. I was on 100mg twice a day - they turned me into a Zombie in 2 days. I was still walking and talking, but I felt like I was on auto pilot.

Obviously I'm not a doc or medicallly trained, its just it seemed for me while they worked it wasn't me that was there. (difficult to explain I know). The best person to speak to is your GP, just seems you're on awfully a lot.

Krakers.

nomorepanic
28-10-07, 15:50
Hi Blaze

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

honeybee3939
28-10-07, 16:54
Hi Blaze

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Believe
28-10-07, 18:41
Hello Blaze,

Glad you found us. Hope that you have read the sections on the left hand side. Hope to see you around.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better

jude47
28-10-07, 20:13
Hello Blaze,
I have a relaxation CD which I play as I try to sleep. It works because I've yet to hear the end of the CD.
Cheers
Jude47

Nibbles
28-10-07, 22:28
Hi Blaze and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
28-10-07, 23:12
Hello Blaze And Welcome To The Site....linda

Southern_Belle
29-10-07, 23:11
Hi Blaze,

Welcome to NMP. I also have hypothyroidism. I have sleep issues and my doctor told me to not watch tv in bed, go to bed at the same time, get up at the same time and get at least 15 min of morning sun every day. Also, no caffiene. Believe it or not it has helped!

You will find support and help here.

Hugs,

Laura

Elly 2
02-11-07, 12:45
Hi Blaze, Welcome to nmp, I too have trouble sleeping, I don't have any caffeine after 6pm and drink a glass of warm water before I go to bed. I know it sounds daft but I sing to myself, not out loud, just in my head, it has helped me, I suppose anything is worth a try, it's awful being awake when everyone else is asleep. Take Care, Elly x

manmoor
02-11-07, 14:04
Hi Blaze,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
02-11-07, 18:43
Hello Blaze:welcome:to you!

Glad you found us - there's plenty of help and support here cos we're all in the same boat!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

margaret911
02-11-07, 20:48
Hi Blaze

Welcome to nmp. Hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.

love Mags xxxx