PDA

View Full Version : Collarbone lump

ShortyW84
03-10-20, 11:10
So my health anxiety has been playing up massively for the last 6 months, it started with a lump in my mouth I finally went to the dentist who couldn’t see anything and said everything looked normal, since then I started to be obsessed with my throat imaging pain and all sorts, for an unknown reason the other day I then started t inspect my collarbone, I can feel a hard lump on one side right next to the normal lump at the end, now I’m freaking out, I had no pain until now probably because I’m constantly feeling it! It’s a hard as the bone just a raised lump I guess, just felt the need to write this down think my family are getting a little frustrated with me now, it’s probably always been like that and is just the shape of the bone my my HA head is telling me otherwise 😢😢😢 on the plus side my throat feels normal now I’m obsessing about something else

NoraB
04-10-20, 06:23
now I’m obsessing about something else

...because you haven't addressed your raging case of health anxiety.

ShortyW84
04-10-20, 19:29
I know on good days like today it’s just my HA I first suffered 6 years ago for nearly a year but have been coping up until 6 months ago! I’ve had a good day where my head is telling me I’m being silly it’s the 3am wake up calls where I panic a lot! I’ve managed to work out why my throat is tickling and I’m coughing so much at night, and I’m blaming my cats! So they are now banned from my bed to see if it makes a difference! Thank you for your reply sometimes you just need someone else to point things out :-)

lilysmith123
04-10-20, 19:39
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with anxiety Shorty! It can help to just blurt it out to people who understand, but it is really all just down to the demon that is health anxiety trying to convince you otherwise. I hope you are feeling better.

ShortyW84
04-10-20, 19:55
Thank you Lily I appreciate it, I’m just so frustrated with my self for letting it go down this path again, I’m blaming lockdown and my workload due to most my team being made furloughed, and now after covering them all the last 6 months my jobs has been made redundant, the stress has not helped! The last time I went through this I had a partner now I’m alone with the kids and working from home silly hours I’ve just been struggling to keep rational thoughts! Nice to hear from people that understand 😍

lilysmith123
05-10-20, 17:47
Thank you Lily I appreciate it, I’m just so frustrated with my self for letting it go down this path again, I’m blaming lockdown and my workload due to most my team being made furloughed, and now after covering them all the last 6 months my jobs has been made redundant, the stress has not helped! The last time I went through this I had a partner now I’m alone with the kids and working from home silly hours I’ve just been struggling to keep rational thoughts! Nice to hear from people that understand 😍

I totally understand. Having all this extra time is great for some folks - not so much for us with HA!! The stress of being made redundant too, no wonder your anxiety is flaring up. You know though that you've been through it before, and you can again.